Gameus' Quest System

Screech1989

King Pin!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think it has to do with Yanfly's Core script. I have it in the Quest Demo and when I disable it I can test battles just fine. I have no idea why it's trying to load Test_Quests at all. I'm gonna update all the Yanfly scripts and see if it works. I'll still try to look into it and see if it's something I can fix on my side. If anything, I can make the editor make a "Test_Quests.json" file. It's not a huge deal.
Yes i noticed its Yanflys script clashing with it somehow, much appreciated for your reply, i will leave you be, sorry for flooding your post :D

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you know how I can work this on a Mac?

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes i noticed its Yanflys script clashing with it somehow, much appreciated for your reply, i will leave you be, sorry for flooding your post :D
It's not a problem at all! I really do appreciate all the feedback I've been getting from everyone. I will be updating the script within a few days and I'll be adding a nice chunk of features to it.

Do you know how I can work this on a Mac?
Try running the editor under Wine. If that doesn't work, let me know I'll try to build my project under mono.

ARKS STUDIO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Would somebody make a video tut on how to use this please?

Ultra_K

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Question? are you using the Yanfly Battle Engine Core? as well? as i noticed if i remove that it also worked, as soon as i added that back on it began to play up again...but then i noticed i was .2 versions behind on the Battle core updates so i updated to the latest version (1.11) and all works perfect now :D

Yes, I am using it (along with all the other Yanfly's plugins), and I updated it all to the last versions available. But I am not having the same luck as you :( ... If I disable the Quest System plugin, I can get the troops fight-tests to work, but no matter what I disable and what I delete, as soon as the Quest System is enabled, it throws me that error at the troops fight-tests.

If not even gameus knows why this happens, who will? :p

Here is a screenshot of the debug console when the game crashes at a troop fight-test:

I'm not sure if it helps at all, but hey. gameus will be updating soon nevertheless :3 Thanks again!

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In the meantime, just copy your Quests.json file and rename it to Test_Quests.json. It's a temporary fix but I'll keep looking into it.

sarugaki339

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also found that issue where the battle system freaks out, and I get that error can't find test_quests.json or whatever it says. However, my in game battle are fine, but my problem comes in when I do the test battle outside the game, under the troops menu. I'll do the temporary fix you suggested but figured you'd want to know about the error. Thanks again, I've been using the plug in all day, really great so far, can't wait to see how you'll update it!

Screech1989

King Pin!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would somebody make a video tut on how to use this please?
I would do one if gameus wanted me to. But I know he mentioned in the development stages he was going to be making a video so I haven't bothered. Unless he wants one made.

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would do one if gameus wanted me to. But I know he mentioned in the development stages he was going to be making a video so I haven't bothered. Unless he wants one made.
That would be cool if you did! I wanted to make one but was running out of time to do it.

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great plug-in! I love the editor.

I have one minor issue though. Can you increase the max value cap in the editor, if it's possible? In the game I'm making, the player has to pay off 1,000,000 Gold (or 500,000 Gold, I haven't decided yet :p ), but it seems the max value cap is only 100,000 Gold.

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Gameus, quick question!

First off, thank you so much for the plug-in, it's very user friendly and works like a charm! It's a great addition to any game :)

My question is that if someone exports their project, to they have to keep the quest editor .exe in the files or can they remove it?

Shiro1994

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello! Great plugin!

I've experienced this problem with test battle as well.

Here is what the console is saying:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

rpg_managers.js:1618 Error: Failed to load: data/Test_Quests.json

at Function.DataManager.checkError (rpg_managers.js:166)

at Function.DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded (rpg_managers.js:97)

at Function.DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded (/D:/Bibliothek/RPG%20Maker%20MV/ASSETS/Plugins/Quest%20System/Demo/QuestSystemDemo/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:568)

at Scene_Boot.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:183)

at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1667)

at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)

I hope you can fix it with that information!

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin looks awesome.

Is it possible to instead of storing the quest progress in game-variables to store it in custom variables instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

KingGodzilla

King of the Monsters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! Thanks so much for the Quest Plugin! It looks great, but I am running into errors. I got the "Quest Log" to appear in the menu screen in game, but when I click on it, I get "TypeError Cannot read property 'categories' of undefined" Help! Here is a picture of F8: http://i.imgur.com/wcgNSIc.png

I noticed that MVCommons and OrangeTimeSystem also came up, so I tried disabling them both and trying again, and got the same errors. 

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gameusguyus,

I have a small request. Can you make a parameter that is Quest Open ID. I'm using the quests to explain to the users where to go and what to look for. I don't expect them to always check the quest log at the bottom to see what new quests are unlocked. By adding in a quest open id, can make it so the latest quest is focused and they are aware. Love the plugin by the way keep up the good work.  

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Long day at work today. Won't be able to do any progress towards the next update. Any errors/suggestions you guys have posted since I've last replied will be looked over when I get some time off. Thanks for the support and patience guys. I won't stop working on this until it's perfect. :)

Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! Thanks so much for the Quest Plugin! It looks great, but I am running into errors. I got the "Quest Log" to appear in the menu screen in game, but when I click on it, I get "TypeError Cannot read property 'categories' of undefined" Help! Here is a picture of F8: http://i.imgur.com/wcgNSIc.png

I noticed that MVCommons and OrangeTimeSystem also came up, so I tried disabling them both and trying again, and got the same errors. 
I am also running into this error. I get the same error whether I try to call the Quest Log through the menu or as an event using the 'Quest Open' command. I disabled all of my other plugins and still have the error, so I don't think it's a conflict.

Jxudo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this error I keep getting every time I try and open or force open the quest log.

I also notice the node webkit doesn't launch with my game like it does in the demo.

Any help would be much appreciated.

help.png

help.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally figured out how to make a signature with a pic that leads to a link, it's so cool! Click the image to check out my demo! :kaopride:
When you are very focus making a game on a Monday morning and doing your very best to make it perfect for your players. Than smile to take a break and realize it is Friday... o_o
Are there any vocalists on RPG Maker Forums that would want to sing together in a group, duet or make a whole channel together?
Here it is in all its leggy glory! I apologize in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hono