Gameus' Quest System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by gameusguyus, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Screech1989

Screech1989 King Pin! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok so if you both having the same problem looking at that screenshot, when you opened the quest creator program have you set categories in the bottom left section and if you have, when you create a quest next to the quest name it has the category the quest is in Story quest, side quest etc. Save the file and you should be sorted. If you still have the issue. It's because you cat set up in the quest editor and it's set to show progress. Meaning you want to find more than 1 cat. This then will have or need a variable linked. So once this saved. In your game you will need the variable set first called cat. So thay for each cat you find you can add variable0001:cat +1 so it knows it's a cat and you found 1. This way it will update the cats in the quest log by 1. So only 4 needed etc

2. gameusguyus

gameusguyus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'll be looking into all errors in a couple of days. Hopefully everyone can hold out. My work week is almost over.

Screech1989 likes this.
  3. Screech1989

First Language:
    English
    Should have a video available in a few hours :D i not had much time :(

4. hamdam

hamdam Warper Member

Okay I just started using RPGMV,

I'm a noobie, before posting this I tried to get it to work but I couldn't, so could anyone please help a noobie out and tell me how can I actually get this to work, here's what I've done so far:

I successfully installed the plugin.

I create my quest with the editor and I save it.

How can I call my quest in-game?

Where do my saved quests(created quests) go?

Thank you.

5. G4merSylver

G4merSylver Villager Member

Did I screw up with something or can you just have 20 variables in the Game? Certainly I need more then 20 :p

6. Unmercyful

Unmercyful Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just hit the change maximum button on the bottom of the variables screen.

Screenshot (27).png

7. PeaceBrigade

PeaceBrigade Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I think the only thing that would make this absolutely perfect would be some sort of quest progress HUD (like most popular MMOs have) that you could pin to the side. A quest tracker thing. Maybe an optional popup toast when you accept or get a quest above the character, or in the corner. Like "(Quest Symbol) - Quest Name Accepted!" just pops up and then fades out.

Also a quick question on usage, is there an easy way to manage lets say a kill quest? "Go kill 5 Slimes" and have it keep track etc.

Internal variables to track might be cool too, so we don't use so many of the game ones.

Maybe something simple like in the editor you name the variable, then you could just use the same script calls or plugin stuff within the game.

quest(id).VariableName += 1 

or however it may work. Love the work, just trying to make suggestions on how we can make this even better! <3

8. Lux Fortuna

Lux Fortuna Legal Eagle Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If someone could make a guide that would be amazing. I got the plugin and editor in and working but just don't know what to do from there. I tried the demo and basically just saw a ton of events and couldn't really figure out what I was supposed to do. I was able to edit the editor just fine but I don't know how to associate quests with npc's or even how to access the quest system in game. If anyone has time to piece together even a simple quest I think it could benefit the more tech-illiterate people like myself! I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to work this last night from reading the 'read me' the 'help' the demo and all the posts in the thread. So while it may be more obvious to you guys how it works, it's not so obvious to me--just wanted to clarify that I have made what I feel was a good-faith effort to learn how to use it with the resources currently available. Sorry if I missed something important.

So excited to use this app!

9. Screech1989

First Language:
    English
    You can do that anyway? if you download the demo that has been posted in the main thread it shows all the various ways of using the quest system and one of the ways it to kill x amount of enemies in the exact way you said, when you set the quest up in the editor, on the steps section you input step name "Kill 10 slime" then tick the show progress bar, put your variable in "006:Slime Killed" for example, and then at the bottom set the value to 10, now inside an even that begins a battle against a slime it will add +1 if you add the "variable +=1", when you go back to your quest log it will say 1/10. thats doing it via events so you would have to trigger the battle.

im not 100% sure if it would work if you put quest(id).VariableName += 1 in the notes section of the enemy slime, maybe it would work not sure.

10. laaghisce

laaghisce Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello
    In this event that starts a quest, I get an error checking the Quest Log in the menu.

[​IMG]

11. fm2107

fm2107 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    im getting the same problem here is my setup. it works without calling the a quest id but doesn't when i call one. ive tried 1 and 0001 ive also did a new quest log, replaced the quest, made a variable for cat, did this that and the other, still getting the same error. 

quest log.PNG

quest event.PNG

quest doesn't work.PNG

12. PeaceBrigade

First Language:
    english
    You do not 

Quest Add Quest0001

Just: Quest Add 1

13. fm2107

fm2107 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    yea i know, i got the problem with both 1 and 0001

14. Screech1989

First Language:
    English
    hey all i got a tutorial here all i did was explain everything Gameus has done and built in his Demo mode showing how he set things up etc, its like slow motion, i wanted to make one the other day and then ended up with the flu, but i noticed so many asking for help and things i had no choice, so i will post this up for everyone but i will make a better quality one in a week or so without me dying on there and a bit faster etc, i wasnt with it :p haha

YES ITS 38 MINUTES LONG...HOW I MADE IT SO LONG I DON'T KNOW! IM SORRY :( i need to talk faster and stop messing around pmsl! sorry guys, i promise in a week or so i will re do it :p haha

If you cant understand my welsh accent - Tough haha :p

Laters

Lucin, Adlw and Lux Fortuna like this.
  15. PeaceBrigade

First Language:
    english
    Your screenshot shows "Quest Add QuestXX"

It should show "Quest Add XX"

That works fine for me. You index it by an integer and you're trying to use "QuestXX" which I'm guessing will make it explode.

So yes, in the plugin call just use "Quest Add 1"

16. gameusguyus

First Language:
    English
    Work week is finally over! I'll be spending all day tomorrow going over all the posts and gathering all errors/suggestions and I'm going to be fixing the hell out of the system. There should be a new version within a day or two, thanks everyone for being supportive and patient.

17. eivl

eivl Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    GameusScripts["Config"]["QuestSystem"]["Use Icons"] is undefined, is there anything wrong? 

Problem solved, saved the js with the wrong name.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
  18. ShidoLionheart

ShidoLionheart Cuor di Leone Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    This system is amazing! But I have changed the words in the plugin editor (so I can use this in my italian project) but doesn't work. In the game the words are always the default.

SOLVED - Same as above ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
  19. gameusguyus

First Language:
    English
    Bug has been reported. Will be fixing.

20. Sn0wCrack

Sn0wCrack Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    英語
    Hey Gameus, gotta give you a lotta credit here, your system is super intuitive with the quest editor.

I've got a suggest though, adding support for longer Quest Titles like this:

[​IMG]

The quest names are chopped off, I know in scripts of the past they were able to scroll text across when it was selected. Another thing would be quest category icons.