Gameus' Quest System

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'll do my best to add a scrolling effect, if anything, you'll be able to change the quest list width and the font size as well.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm loving the quest editor and I'm currently figuring out how to use the script calls.

I was wondering if it was possible to show all the steps in a given quest without having to use nextstep command?

Maybe using commands or script calls be able to show all or an option show x number of scripts.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Is there a possibility to use this on Mac? That would be really great!

Anyway im quite working at a plugin for Questlog without an Editor

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a possibility to use this on Mac? That would be really great!

Anyway im quite working at a plugin for Questlog without an Editor
Third person to ask. I am willing to make it cross-platform if someone is willing to test it on Wine first. If it doesn't work under Wine, I'll build the editor for Mac if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am getting this error after hitting the Quest Log button in the menu.

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'categories' of undefined    at Window_Quests.initialize (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:822)    at new Window_Quests (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:809)    at Scene_Quest.createQuestWindow (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:1010)    at Scene_Quest.create (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:1005)    at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1654)    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1640)    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)

abreyer3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for this script! It's definitely handy for my game! :)

Would it be possible to show different screenshot/images depending on the quest ID? (i.e. QuestEvent1.png, QuestEvent2.png, etc.) These images would be shown if you either fail or complete a quest.

tsunetakaryu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Hi I've searched every comments so far but nothing involve word wrapping.

I have the same problem as #100 said. Besides it seems the Chinese and Japanese characters will not be word wrapping automatically, which result the chopped off description in a single line. Hope you can give me some hints. I think this plugin is more friendly since you made a GameusQuestEditor utility. Love it. 

Edit: sorry but something's going wrong in imgur so i can't upload a pic to show you the exactly problem, btw my game's resolution is 1280 x 800. 

Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok so if you both having the same problem looking at that screenshot, when you opened the quest creator program have you set categories in the bottom left section and if you have, when you create a quest next to the quest name it has the category the quest is in Story quest, side quest etc. Save the file and you should be sorted. If you still have the issue. It's because you cat set up in the quest editor and it's set to show progress. Meaning you want to find more than 1 cat. This then will have or need a variable linked. So once this saved. In your game you will need the variable set first called cat. So thay for each cat you find you can add variable0001:cat +1 so it knows it's a cat and you found 1. This way it will update the cats in the quest log by 1. So only 4 needed etc
Thanks for the help. That wasn't exactly the issue, but it helped lead me to figure it out! So the reason I was running into this Categories Undefined error is because when test playing, I was loading a save file that was created before I added the quest plugin. For some reason, I guess that was causing the categories to be "undefined." Starting a new file from the title screen seemed to fix the error.

Ryuk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great Job, i wonder, it's possible to replace Picture by icon? Like add new case with red icon for fail, and green for completed, or maybe command to change quest icon?

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am getting this error after hitting the Quest Log button in the menu.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'categories' of undefined at Window_Quests.initialize (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:822) at new Window_Quests (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:809) at Scene_Quest.createQuestWindow (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:1010) at Scene_Quest.create (/C:/Users/shuttle099/Documents/Projects/Games/ProjectRPGS1/js/plugins/GameusQuestSystem.js:1005) at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1654) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1640) at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)
Same error. 

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The script in it's current state won't work with old save games. I'll try to fix that in the next update as well.

Malacay2k11

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi Gameus :)

i got 2 problems with your Plugin. the first (and maybe known): if i try to open the "Quest Log" the Errorscreen Pops Up --"cannot read property "categories" of undefined"--

the 2nd problem comes if i try to start a Quest via "Plugin Command", i used the command "Quest add 1". and the error --"cannot read property "indexOf" of undefined--

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Gameus :)

i got 2 problems with your Plugin. the first (and maybe known): if i try to open the "Quest Log" the Errorscreen Pops Up --"cannot read property "categories" of undefined"--

the 2nd problem comes if i try to start a Quest via "Plugin Command", i used the command "Quest add 1". and the error --"cannot read property "indexOf" of undefined--

Try starting a new game.

Ruff_Demon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you and job well done!

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
i just want to mention, for those of you that are using frysing's monster levels http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48740-frysning-monsterleveler/page-2?hl=+monster%20+level,

place that script above the quest script or your quest script will not work. 

also i wanted to mention a work around for anyone whos having a problem thus far implementing the script into game and using the plugin commands to fill your quest log, this is what i did. 

its a bit unorthodox and will require you to reconfigure your plugins but it gets everything working. 

NOTE: DO NOT DELETE THE FILES IN YOUR ORIGINAL PROJECT YOU MAY LOSE ALL YOUR WORK!

download the demo and put it in your games folder ( or where ever you keep you projects )

then copy YOUR img, audio, and any other resources except your plugin over to the demo folders img, audio folders. 

then what you are going to do is copy everything from YOUR data folder EXCEPT quest.json, this includes actors, skills, all maps, mapsinfo, systems, weapons etc, and paste it into the demo project. if your demo project has Test_XXX versions of data files, delete them, and paste yours in. 

open up the demo project and it should look like your project with maps and data base being the same and your switches variables being the same along with common events etc. 

make a simple event to call any of the pre loaded quests in the quest manager (plugin command Quest Add 1). 

my event was an npc with an action button activate with plugin command: Quest Add 1 in the events page. 

test it, it should load the quest into the log.

now go into database, go to troops and test a battle, it should give you and error of Test_Quests.json not found. 

go into your data folder make a copy BUT DO NOT DELETE you Quests.json and paste it into the same folder with the name Test_Quests.json, this will not effect your quests as the battle and quests scenes are unrelated, this error occurs because of the YF Core engine (i still recomend using this plugin despite this bug).

now go back into your database test a battle, and things should work out ok. 

now go back to the event we made earlier and check to see if that works, and it should work too. 

now go to your js/plugins folder and copy your plugins over to the demo folder. 

now what you are going to have to do is install these plugins one by one. as soon as you install 1 plugin go back to the event and see if the plug in commands for this script still work. 

do not mess with the order of the demo scripts, add scripts below the scripts already loaded. if you are using similar scripts as me, here is my order of the scripts and its pretty safe to assume your scripts will work if you place scripts in same order as i have.

questscripts1.PNG

questscripts2.PNG

if a script does break the functionality of the plugin commands, try place that script above this one ( i had to do that with the monster leveler)

if you change the order and still doesnt work screen cap the console log errors and lets hope gameus can fix em or see if the other scripts author can provide support as well. 

hope this helps 

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to change the max number counter? Like, my first quest the Player gets 1000 Gold, but the editor won't let me go higher than 100 Gold.

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Is there any way to change the max number counter? Like, my first quest the Player gets 1000 Gold, but the editor won't let me go higher than 100 Gold.
 i just manually typed in 1000 and it let me do it

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 i just manually typed in 1000 and it let me do it
I tried that several times, but it wouldn't let me. It may have something to do with me often getting a pop up that says:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

Jxudo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so if you both having the same problem looking at that screenshot, when you opened the quest creator program have you set categories in the bottom left section and if you have, when you create a quest next to the quest name it has the category the quest is in Story quest, side quest etc. Save the file and you should be sorted. If you still have the issue. It's because you cat set up in the quest editor and it's set to show progress. Meaning you want to find more than 1 cat. This then will have or need a variable linked. So once this saved. In your game you will need the variable set first called cat. So thay for each cat you find you can add variable0001:cat +1 so it knows it's a cat and you found 1. This way it will update the cats in the quest log by 1. So only 4 needed etc
I fixed this, but I actually don't know how. I just moved all the quest data into the game folder again. Sorry I can't actually give detailed instructions on how.

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I tried that several times, but it wouldn't let me. It may have something to do with me often getting a pop up that says:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."
it maybe another plugin causing this issue, read my previous post to see how you can get a clean start in this plugin, it will take you 20 mins tops 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRandomology