Jxudo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a suggestion. What about being able to change a quests category? So you could have a completed and failed section. Or am I just stupid and there's already a way to do that?

Ash_Dilan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put the script in but when I start the game up there is an error that says "Failed to load: data/Quests.json" Help please

:(

FeralVermin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible for the player to be doing multiple steps at the same time for a single quest? For example if a quest had the player needing to gather five mushrooms, and gather five apples. Can I have them do both at the same time? (Completing two steps at the same time) Or do they have to gather the mushrooms first, and the gather the apples? (Complete one step, and then move on the the next)

Ash_Dilan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it working but I can't find the quest menuas I'm playing the game

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I believe it should complete both at the same time. You can do a quick test by having 1 mushroom and 1 apple as 2 different steps and then use an event to give the player both an apple and a mushroom. After that, check the quest and see if it updated both steps. You can also complete the second step only and check the quest to see if it got checked out.

I'm waiting for Gameus to update the script with font options to use it because I use small font sizes which cause the plugin to go nuts visually. So I haven't tested the plugin out thoroughly to answer your question with certainty.

Last edited by a moderator:

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm still working on the update guys! :) I know it's the same excuse, but works been killing me. Almost every time I get a day off, I get called in so progress is slow. I am having a bit of issues with custom font sizes but trying to work out the kinks with that.

I plan on redoing the way steps work at some point, but probably a later update. That way people can have multiple steps active at once, as described above. I did see a suggestion to have quests have their own variables, I'm probably going to pass on implementing that feature because there's no reason to not use in-game variables. That's what they're there for.

Things to look forward to:

-A few bug fixes

-Font sizes/color changes for just about everything

-Icons for "In Progress", "Completed", and "Failed" (optional)

-Change the color of the horizontal lines separating quest information

-Possible bug fix for old save files

-Fixed some issues with 'Use Icons' and some layout issues when not using sub-categories

I'll make sure to keep everyone updated. Sorry for the delay and thanks for being patient everyone!

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! Great plug-in!

I asked this question earlier, but it hasn't been answered yet:

Can you increase the max value cap in the editor, if it's possible? In the game I'm making, the player has to pay off 1,000,000 Gold (or 500,000 Gold, I haven't decided yet :p ), but it seems the max value cap is only 100,000 Gold.

Thanks!

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello! Great plug-in!

I asked this question earlier, but it hasn't been answered yet:

Can you increase the max value cap in the editor, if it's possible? In the game I'm making, the player has to pay off 1,000,000 Gold (or 500,000 Gold, I haven't decided yet :p ), but it seems the max value cap is only 100,000 Gold.

Thanks!
There are some issues with the editor. I plan on fixing them, sorry about that.

Angellius

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Oh my god ... I was trying to do some quest manualy and there you are ! *-* 
Thx ! 

mukuroxi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
every time i copy the exe file into my game folder it makes a copy of the folder and both folder are blank

Ash_Dilan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
help. I'll do an add quest event and most of everything works fine, but then I got to test battle and I get this "Failed to load: data/Test_Quests.json" Can you please help me? :rsad:

danny34

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi amazing work with your Quest System, if you don't mind i'd like to say something to you, the first one is if you can add to the plugin a capacity to add Sub categories, and the other one is for the steps to make possible for us to add a icon to any step example " speak with BOB" and we choose Bob face icon. Off course we need to make the icon, but that dont have any problem :) please consider make it, thank you, and continue with your amazing progress.

ps: sorry for my bad english. 

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
help. I'll do an add quest event and most of everything works fine, but then I got to test battle and I get this "Failed to load: data/Test_Quests.json" Can you please help me? :rsad:
Did you not read the thread before posting? Really?

Anyway, just cope and paste your Quests.json file and rename the second one Test_Quests.json and it will be fine!

SinnerKai

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there anyway to fix the "Cannot read property "cat" of null"error?

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there anyway to fix the "Cannot read property "cat" of null"error?
Try starting a new game, I believe that is an error with trying to load a save game that existed before installing the plugin. I should have a fix to prevent it from doing that in the next update. Work week is over again, I'll have a bit more time to work on it again tomorrow thankfully.

KingGodzilla

King of the Monsters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Gameus! Love the plugin, however, I'm having a bit of an issue. I can add quests and view them in game just fine, but when I open up the plugin in Plugin Manager, it seems like nothing I change is getting saved. For example, I'm trying to change "Steps" to "Objectives," and it says so in the plugin, but in game, it still says "Steps." I've tried this with Steps, Rewards, ect. It seems none of the terms are changing for me no matter what I put in the Plugin Manager.

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Gameus! Love the plugin, however, I'm having a bit of an issue. I can add quests and view them in game just fine, but when I open up the plugin in Plugin Manager, it seems like nothing I change is getting saved. For example, I'm trying to change "Steps" to "Objectives," and it says so in the plugin, but in game, it still says "Steps." I've tried this with Steps, Rewards, ect. It seems none of the terms are changing for me no matter what I put in the Plugin Manager.
Known bug. Will be fixed in the next update which is almost complete. :)

bogs419

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all. I am just a newbie at RPG MAKER MV (I tinkered with VX ACE a bit though so i'm kinda familiar with eventing and other stuff). Anyway, I love this script so much! But i was wondering if a time-sensitive quest can be done using this plug-in? For example, i wanted to have a certain quest that when activated, the description can track how much time left to finish it. A tutorial would be very helpful. Thanks!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So in my stream for the No Travel Game Jam, I mentioned we were going to do a teaching make a game from beginning to end series of streams, but it had to wait on an announcement I couldn't make yet before I could start... Keep your eyes on our twitter tonight.
Surprise extra Text Adventure session! Feel free to drop by!
I just started parallax mapping. Better results for sure, but a lot more time consuming. It's more fun than I thought though.
After a bit of away time due to virus and friends in crisis (friends get priority!) I think things have calmed enough for me to try to resume my activity everywhere. :kaoluv:(I still been working on projects though!)
After watching 'Whisper Of The Heart' I've got the song 'Country roads' stuck in my head.
Don't mind it so much as that I was singing today at my Church. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insomniel