ragnorak6608

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would this work for starting a quest?

Quest Add $gameVariables(67)where the variable is defined before the plugin command?

Last edited by a moderator:

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Amazing plug in!

Would be nice if it displayed the rewards you got when you finished a quest so that I don't need to change it in two places if I want to change the reward.

thedevastator

Warper
Reaction score
Hello, I would love to use this plugin but it seems to me that it doesn't show the quest log when opening the menu. Can you help me?

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I would love to use this plugin but it seems to me that it doesn't show the quest log when opening the menu. Can you help me?
If you want to, you could use Yanfly Menu Manager to make that a lot easier... that's how I set mine up in the menu.

glokplopit

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello! I'm really hopefully to use this but I have a mac and I've tried getting both wine and crossover to work with it but I haven't succeeded so far...do you have any advice for how to run it? When I try to launch it nothing seems to happen...

Oguz

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Hello gameusguyus!

I'm using your script that is perfect but I want to one option from you, If you can do it. It's Exp and Gold Icon :)

Thank you so much for your interesting.

Hedzentails

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love this plugin so much! It makes it a heck of a lot easier for questing stuff!

My only suggestion, if you can do this, is the ability to make certain steps optional or not necessary to complete the quest. For example, the 'Get some Ice Cream' Quest could have an optional 'Get some Chocolate Sauce too' step that still shows up as incomplete if you haven't done that step yet, but still moves onto the next necessary step of 'Go Home and Eat Ice Cream' anyway. It could also be a step that you could fail in the quest but still complete the quest anyway.

That sounded a lot more complex than I wanted it to, but it's just a suggestion that I hope you take into consideration at some point at some point in future.

Other than that, this plugin is absolutely amazing! Thank you for making an awesome thing, you awesome person!

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, really love the concept of this idea! However...I can't get it to work. I set up yanfly's plugin as you instructed in the image, but I still get "SyntaxError Unexpected identifier" whenever i try to open the menu. Is there any load orders I need to keep in mind, or any specific versions of yanfly's plugin?

I have no idea what else could be wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind. Removed some punctuation from the quest names and it worked :)

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Soooo... When's the next update for this? :)

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I promise its coming, just gonna have to be patient. I want to make sure most of the bugs are squashed, more customization options, and possibly a few new features. Work has been killing me though since the holidays are coming up, I haven't had a whole lot of free time. Really sorry about the long wait guys.

Worst case scenario at this point, the update won't come out until the end of January, that gives me plenty of time to deal with the holidays, but I'm gonna do my best to release it before then. Really wish I hadn't put everyone through the wait and caught these bugs when I released it. xD

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Don't worry about that! As long as the update is good, I can wait.

I wish you good luck with It! :D

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It would be cool if we can add virtual drop from monsters, kill x amount of monsters or even items needed, (But that can be done with variable)

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Reminds me a lot like Fallout 3. Nice.

glokplopit

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello! I'm really hopefully to use this but I have a mac and I've tried getting both wine and crossover to work with it but I haven't succeeded so far...do you have any advice for how to run it? When I try to launch it nothing seems to happen...
I've got it to run in wine now (using winetricks to install .NET) but now it gives me an error message stating it must be run from the project directory, only problem is that it is in the project's root directory already...I think what is happening is that when you run wine it runs the app from another virtual location but I'm not really sure if there is a way around this.

cjewell77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Has anyone else had compatibility issues with Yanfly item upgrade slots plugin?

It will say undefined is not a function.

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
anoo...

excuse me...

is it still in progress to fix 'known bug' and update...?

KingGodzilla

King of the Monsters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Gameus. Just a quick question. Can you make it possible to add a "Completed" category that will fill up as quests get completed? As it is now, if I have 5 main quests, and 4 of them are completed, all of them still show up under "Main Quests." I feel like scrolling through the quests all the time, especially completed ones, could be a huge annoyance, especially if the quest count gets to like 30+. That would mean everytime I wanted to check a quest, I'd first have to scroll down 29 completed quests just to get to the active one. The only other alternative (that I know of) is to just completely remove the quest from the log when it completes, but then I'd have no way of re-reading what I've done or accomplished. Hope this made sense. Thanks!

Edit: Or a command that lets you change categories of a quest. So if I had a "Main" and a "Completed" category, once the quest gets completed, I could type.. "Quest Change Completed" and that would move it to the completed tab and out of the Main tab.

Edit 2: One more thing, it would be very nice to able to rearrange the quest categories. As in, if I have "Side" as the second listed, I cannot move it up or down in the editor and would have to delete it and redo most of the work. :(

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I have the bug of Cat is unknow so I cant use your great script... :(

Can't wait for an update from the creator! I hope you will find a way to fix all the samlls issues. 

Keep the good work :D  

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pirate portrait quickie :LZYcheeze:
pirate.png
My game has a (much needed) tutorial now...
Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spiketrap