Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Characters/Parts

Maker Format: RPG Maker MV

Art Style: POP!Horror City (Vexed Enigma/PixelJustice)

Description: I need a slightly futuristic rebreather/gas mask that looks like the icon in the image reference for the dapper hacker also in the referenced in the images so that he can not immediately die when exposed to the hard vacuum of space or biochemical contaminants, and rest assured he will be exposed to both within the first 15 minutes of the game. Ideal would be a PNG with the gas mask on a transparent bg so it could be added as a layer above the base character sheet (I have a few different poses for him so this would make it easier to fine-tune where the gas mask sits in each pose

I am also going to need a space suited figure in roughly the same style, but this is less urgent as it can happen later in the game and also if I can't get one of these I can probably find a generic astronaut sprite somewhere that's vaguely in the POP! style, whereas I'm gonna need help with getting the gasmask on Hiro Protagonist.

Reference Images: This guy $Hero02.png
(sprite by Vexed Enigma)

needs one of these:
enlarged.png(Icon by Ocean's Dream)

The gas mask doesn't need to look like that one, so it could have two filter/cartridges instead of one or a completely different color scheme, etc.

I think that this post followed all the rules but please let me know if I got something wrong and I'll correct it. Thanks!

PS: I can't in good conscience ask for a rush job on work I can't afford to pay for, but this is for a seven day game jam and as of this posting it's midway through day 2.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
try this.. perhaps edit it a bit till it fits..

(screenshot to show where to find the mask)
Screenshot_1.png

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for the quick reply. with my limited pixeling skills I can't edit that to not look terrible for the "down" and "up" facings, it works well enough for facing left and right but even then it looks a bit squished (since it's resized from battler-sized)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for the quick reply. with my limited pixeling skills I can't edit that to not look terrible for the "down" and "up" facings, it works well enough for facing left and right but even then it looks a bit squished (since it's resized from battler-sized)
i think u need to make them a bit bigger an cut off some hair..

Use the eyes as orientation
(so that the eyes are visible)
Screenshot_2.png
also i would advise to rework the contours
to make the mask look better
Screenshot_3.png

resize it first..about 10% bigger , and than edit it and clean up the details

edit
idk why you used the battler parts.. i would use and edit these instead:
(screenshot from the link above)
Screenshot_4.png

Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For whatever reason that doesn't show up for me in the first link (even now), but it does show up there. random forum weirdness I guess. Anyway thank you Dopan! That should make it much easier.

I will give it a shot but I just know it's going to look toilets. I'll try my best but if someone who can actually do pixel art (unlike myself) happens by this, halp still v much appreciated.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For whatever reason that doesn't show up for me in the first link (even now), but it does show up there. random forum weirdness I guess. Anyway thank you Dopan! That should make it much easier.

I will give it a shot but I just know it's going to look toilets. I'll try my best but if someone who can actually do pixel art (unlike myself) happens by this, halp still v much appreciated.
here you have it
i made the masks 10% bigger added a bit color on some contours,
pasted over the char with focus/orientation on the eyes..
Screenshot_5.png

and cleaned up the head parts outside of the mask..
the mask is smaller then the head but it still fits to the body size..
and in real the hair would also make the heads bigger then what it looks like with a mask..so i guess the size is fine.

TERMS ARE THE SAME LIKE FROM THIS LINK!
(please credit avery)

Attachments

• $Hero(edited).png
    $Hero(edited).png
    15.8 KB · Views: 3
  • mask 10% bigger edit.png
    mask 10% bigger edit.png
    9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much!! Yeah I was poking around at doing it myself, your version is definitely better than anything I was going to come up with!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much!! Yeah I was poking around at doing it myself, your version is definitely better than anything I was going to come up with!
you can use the mask for any other char with the same body size, but you will need to put it on the right place and erase all head parts outside of the mask^^
(allways keep the focus for positioning on the "Chars_eyes" and the "Masks_eyeholes")
-> and zoom in as much as possible in order to put the mask on the same place for every frame..related to the chars eyes.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hesena