crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Demo Should be Ready by June 2nd

Title Screen Snip.PNG

Hello everyone my name is Jonathan Westfall and I would like to share a project I have started to work on: Gates of Elmeria

Summary

The story takes place on the world of Elensa. Elensa was blessed by the gods of the heavens. Elensa is a world with 5 different continents on it. The story begins with a portal opening up. The portal leads to an unknown world full of monsters. With the opening of the portal, monsters started to pour into Elensa. City after city fell to the monsters. Leading the monsters were 6 fiends that called themselves the Pillars of Agastroth. With them at command they seemed unstoppable. A man whose name has been forgotten, started to push back the fiends with his comrades by his side. After saving a village he meets a woman names Elmeria. Even though he was only able to spend a little time with her they fell in love. After leaving the village and Elmeria behind he went to the front lines where the pillars were fighting against armies of mortals that wanted to protect their land. On the battlefield he fought against the strongest of the pillar and fell. Elmeria the woman he fell in love with was actually the goddess of souls. Seeing his death from the heavens she wept. Her tears fell onto the land turning into to crystals. The crystals embedded themselves inside the humans that were fighting the fiends. Those that fused with the crystals gained powers that only the gods were suppose to have. With the new found powers the fiends were fought off. Elmeria enraged at the fiends used all of her power and created a gate that could seal souls inside it. Sealing them away into an eternal abyss. Twenty years have passed since the fiends were sealed. Now in a sleepy village, four orphans who lost their parents to the horde of monsters are about meet a fate far worse then that of the unnamed hero.

Characters

Elisha's Face.png

Name - Elisha

Age 16- 18 The story-line spans a couple years.

The daughter of a famous demon hunter who died saving the life of a village under the attack of demons. She is quick witted, has a low boiling temper, and very sarcastic. She is skilled with bows and twin daggers. She has no problem facing monsters twice her size, in fact she welcomes the challenge. Her dedication to her adopted sisters is just as unyielding as her sense of justice.

Riveria's Face.png

Name - Riveria

Age 15 - 17 The story-line spans a couple years.

One day she was found by a traveling merchant on the side of the road injured by a monster. The merchant took her to Serene Village where she met Elisha and Clair. Since she did not have anywhere to go She was invited to stay with them. Since she started living with them they have treated her like a sister. She is a very powerful wizard whocan master any spell even just by reading about it from books.

Rad's Face.png

Name - Rad

Age 15 - 18 The story-line spans a couple years.

Rad is a very cowardly swordsman who has been friends with Elisha since they were kids. He does not like to fight even though his skills rival masters. When wondering around in forests he would run away from even the smallest monsters, but when an innocent person is in danger his courage can only be rivaled by Elisha's. He is very dedicatec in his training. His dream is to enter the Valluah Sword ccompetition and challenge the strongest swordsman to a duel.

Clair's Face.png

Name - Clair

Age 16 - 18 The story-line spans a couple years.

Clair is called the clumsy maiden. She is considered a living weapon of bad luck. Even though she is dedicated to being a priest that serves the gods, it seems like the gods have forgotten to bless her. No matter what she does someone will get hurt. She is caring and tries to help everyone she sees that is in need. By the time she is done helping them, they usually wished she didn't.

Combat Style is Charge Turn Base.

In the game you will have to learn how to control the timeline in battle to keep an advantage in battle. There are moves that can knock the opponent back in the timeline while there are some moves that can bring an ally that is at the very back to the front allowing them to move faster. Weapons and armor also effect the timeline. Lighter weapons and armor allow you to move faster. So daggers will travel up the turn line quicker. There are spells that once used will go into the timeline an activate later on. This is similar to the Mana Khemia game spells.

Quests

Can't be an RPG without quests. The game will have a lot of extra stuff to do on the side.So talking to everyone you see and exploring every nook and cranny will give great rewards. Some rewards will get you new playable characters.

Unlockables

There are unlock-able characters in game so keep an eye out for them.

There are skill tomes hidden in the game that gives certain characters new spells.

You can also unlock an arena too

Crafting

The items in the game are meant to be able to be customize to fit your own fighting style. In the game you will find books and people that will teach you new recipes for crafting. Make sure you do those side quests to get the more crafting recipes.

Upgrade system

There is an upgrade system that will allow you boost your armor and weapons again to your own liking. Try different combinations. You might accidentally create something new.

Character Development

The game will have a relationship system that will give bonuses to allies if they have a better status with each other. It is plan to have ending with character match up like the star ocean games. 

Choices Matter A Lot

Every choice no matter how small will affect something in game. be nice to those random NPCs and you might find something good or be mean and make a new enemy.

Fame System

When you help people you will gain fame for cities and factions. By befriending people you might unlock new stuff at store or gain a new party member.

Fast Travel System

Every city, cave, or major place will have fast travel crystals so you will not have to suffer back tracking a lot.

Some places have more than one crystal. Example big caves will have one at entrance and some at mid point or bottom floor. This is so if you need supplies you can come back to a cave fi you are not ready yet.

This game is going to be pretty long so it will be in development for a while.

Credits

Yanfly - For his amazing plugins

Moghunter - Plugins for HUD Control and some HUD graphics. Also thank you for a nice fast travel system.

BCJ - UI and Title Text 

Myself for some custom plugins.

Last edited by a moderator:

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good luck going onwards! 

Note: Quests are pretty much a given in RPGs so I wouldn't list it as a feature. ;)

Tips: Don't go too wild with the battle system. Overcomplicating things will be a nightmare for the creator to make as much as it will be for the player to grasp. Make sure you stick to a single core idea. Focus on the timeline and don't lose focus of you core idea! :)  

I'm excited to see where the story will go from here.

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Good luck going onwards! 

Note: Quests are pretty much a given in RPGs so I wouldn't list it as a feature. ;)

Tips: Don't go too wild with the battle system. Overcomplicating things will be a nightmare for the creator to make as much as it will be for the player to grasp. Make sure you stick to a single core idea. Focus on the timeline and don't lose focus of you core idea! :)  

I'm excited to see where the story will go from here.
Thank you for the comments.

The only reason why I mentioned quest was mainly due to the amount we are trying for. We know we have a long process ahead of us and we are looking forward to the future.

Also the timeline will definitely be our main focus. I agree about the over complications. Once you start over-complicating things you will quickly lose control of what your main goal was. 

Around Tuesday some more of the UI will come in. After we get more UI we will start showing demos. We were wanting to make sure we started getting custom UI to help stand out a little. That and we will be presenting some concept art that I have a feeling people will love. 

Reactions: NPC

Vexatious

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's nice to see a story that actually branches over more than just the immediate future. I hope for a sense of character growth and a evolving world with the events that happen in the world. :D

Looking forward to what comes out.

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's nice to see a story that actually branches over more than just the immediate future. I hope for a sense of character growth and a evolving world with the events that happen in the world. :D

Looking forward to what comes out.
Character growth will be a huge part of the game. The game is also planned to have more than one possible story-line depending on the choices you make in game. Your choices will change who the final boss is.  There will be a character relationship system. So when the game is in a playable state think about your choices wisely. 

Also thank you for taking the time to comment I look forward to when you get a chance the play the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfafsr4326