procraftynation

Master Procraftynator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess I'm not seeing it, But where do I set the variable for the drill for the success or failure? Is it possible you could show a example of a map event using the drill and a variable? Thanks so much!!!
Hello! Yes. The drill example does not use map variable and map event post process. But you can do it in two ways:

1. Add another life of script in the script call and remove the if conditions checking for results. (1st screenshot)

2. In the if conditions checking for results, add a command to set variable(s) and other stuff. This is more flexible that the first one. (2nd screenshot)

drillusingvariableormap.pngdrillusingvariableormap2.png

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome!! Worked perfect. Love these Procrafty plugins :) Thank you very much.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I have a bit of a dilemma... I wanted to use the drill effect, like in the demo but if I change the image of actor 1, there's no guarantee that they'll be the player at that moment, so they might not even be in the party... Is there any way around this like just showing an event instead of the actor somehow?

EDIT: With A LOT of eventing, I got it working! I can set up a demo if anyone is interested!

Last edited by a moderator:

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I have a bit of a dilemma... I wanted to use the drill effect, like in the demo but if I change the image of actor 1, there's no guarantee that they'll be the player at that moment, so they might not even be in the party... Is there any way around this like just showing an event instead of the actor somehow?

EDIT: With A LOT of eventing, I got it working! I can set up a demo if anyone is interested!

I think there's a plugin that does something like this.

It will change face portraits depending on the leader or something similar.

I'll try to find it and edit it back in this post.

procraftynation

Master Procraftynator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! I have rewritten this plugin to make it more flexible, understandable and easier to manage. I have also updated the plugin documentation.

Please note that this new version 2.01 is NOT compatible with older versions of the plugin since I removed a lot of functions that are redundant. I've uploaded a new version of the demo package with sample implementations of all gauges in the previous plugin version. It also includes an implementation of a Skill with a gauge that uses YEP action sequences and a casting gauge that can be positioned and attached to events.

Would you be able to add something so that the bar goes up and down automatically and the player just has to hit enter when the bar is in the right place. The timer would still run down so they would have a limited amount of time to do so. Maybe a plugin parameter to choose between the different types possibly?
The new version is up and has options to rotate clockwise or counter clockwise :)  Demo package includes it.

So, i need to know how to place a cast/timer bar above an event. Not in a screen position... Got it? @.@
With the new version, this can now be done :)  Check the updated demo package.

I tried the demo !!! beautiful plugin !!! :D   :D   :D  

but if you did the skills they would use this gauge ??? ;)   ;)   ;)

a little like Final Fantasy X and Overdrive Tidus ??? BD   BD   BD
Yup. Now in the new version. Check the updated demo package.

Yeah, tbh, I think it should be done with eventing to preserve the flexibility of the plugin. Since I believe as much as possible if we can do it with eventing we do it with eventing :)  Although I love creating scripts for easy reuse  :)

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I saw your video !!! Congratulations beautiful !!! ; DDD

Anyway ... I can give you some advice ???

Tidus's Overdrive in Final Fantasy X. When executed, a meter and a countdown timer will appear. At the center of the meter is a small, gold-colored space, Which the player must try to hit by pressing X When the marker Is Within its borders to do additional damage. The additional amount of damage depends on how much time is left on the timer.

The width of the space according to Functional decreases the strength of the Swordplay the player chooses. The pointer will move faster anche the stronger the Swordplay chosen and the time allotted will be shorter. If the player misses the marker will return to its default position (far left of the meter) and start moving again.

Moo :D

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you so much for this plugin this is absolutely wonderful! I'm so very excited to implement this in our project. I'll be sure to keep you posted thank you again!!!

Is there anyway for it to be used in battle??

procraftynation

Master Procraftynator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I saw your video !!! Congratulations beautiful !!! ; DDD

Anyway ... I can give you some advice ???

Tidus's Overdrive in Final Fantasy X. When executed, a meter and a countdown timer will appear. At the center of the meter is a small, gold-colored space, Which the player must try to hit by pressing X When the marker Is Within its borders to do additional damage. The additional amount of damage depends on how much time is left on the timer.

The width of the space according to Functional decreases the strength of the Swordplay the player chooses. The pointer will move faster anche the stronger the Swordplay chosen and the time allotted will be shorter. If the player misses the marker will return to its default position (far left of the meter) and start moving again.
Thank you for the advice! I really appreciate it. Yup, I'm in the process of making a timer that would display text instead of a gauge. For the change in speed and marker width, I believe it can be done with multiple gauges in different common events then displaying then in the order you want by calling event in the YEP action sequence.

Thank you so much for this plugin this is absolutely wonderful! I'm so very excited to implement this in our project. I'll be sure to keep you posted thank you again!!!

Is there anyway for it to be used in battle??
Thank you! Yes. You can use it in battle with the help of YEP action sequence plugin. You can check out the demo files which you should paste in a newly created project :)

@procraftynation Hi Brother, you can send me Fish Charset, you used in video.
You can find it in the demo files.

Moo :D

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Marvelous, thank you again for this plugin and for all the time you're taking to respond to us users and the community! I really appreciate it and am thankful! Thanks ProCrafty!

Stormowl

"They played us like a damn fiddle!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This would be cool as a battle system!

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the advice! I really appreciate it. Yup, I'm in the process of making a timer that would display text instead of a gauge. For the change in speed and marker width, I believe it can be done with multiple gauges in different common events then displaying then in the order you want by calling event in the YEP action sequence.

Ok ... thanks for the reply  :D .... and that's fine ... wait for the new version with the timer :guffaw: .... I'm sure you'll do a great job !!! I wait !!!  :popcorn:

LeoHeart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm trying to get your plugin to work with a YEP action sequence but I keep getting "object too deep" stack overflow errors after using the ability and trying to save the game.

Here is what the action sequence looks like:

<target action>
animation 4: user
wait for animation
jump user: 100%, 15
se: Leap, 90, 100, 0
move user: target, front, 15
wait for movement
se: JumpLand, 90, 100, 0
common event: 23
if $gameVariables.value(55) == 1
camera focus: user
zoom: 120%, 30
wait for zoom
move user: forward, 25
ani wait: 5
motion missile: user
add state 59: user
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
shake screen: 3, 9, 15
remove state 59: user
move user: point, 600, 225, 15
motion guard: user
wait for movement
preform finish
wait for movement
common event: 29
else
camera focus: user
zoom: 120%, 30
wait for zoom
move user: forward, 25
motion missile: user
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
move user: point, 600, 225, 15
motion guard: user
wait for movement
preform finish
wait for movement
common event: 29
end
</target action>

And here is the event that is called (#23). The other one (#29) only has two lines, set variable 55 to 0 and event proccessing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to figure out how to stop this from causing a stack overflow. Is there any way the plugin would reference itself twice?

procraftynation

Master Procraftynator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm trying to get your plugin to work with a YEP action sequence but I keep getting "object too deep" stack overflow errors after using the ability.
Can you attached the complete console error log so I can trace. Also make sure gauge actions system plugin is below YEP action sequence and YEP plugins are latest ones.

LeoHeart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here is the error log:

all of the Yanfly plugins are up to date. The gauge system is at the very bottom of the plugin list. This only happens when trying to save after using the above skill (which is tied to the listed event).

I really appreciate your help!

procraftynation

Master Procraftynator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
all of the Yanfly plugins are up to date. The gauge system is at the very bottom of the plugin list. This only happens when trying to save after using the above skill (which is tied to the listed event).

I really appreciate your help!
Now that is something i did not do when testing. Saving the game. :)  

I've updated the plugin file to fix this issue. I never thought the whole $gameSystem variable is actually being saved so I transferred all gauge objects to $gameTemp where i think is more appropriate!

Thank you for reporting this issue. Keep them coming to make the system more stable :)  

LeoHeart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow that was extremely quick! You rock!

One quick question, because I'm still learning JS. Does this mean that with the updated script, we have to switch all of our script calls to $gameTemp?

procraftynation

Master Procraftynator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One quick question, because I'm still learning JS. Does this mean that with the updated script, we have to switch all of our script calls to $gameTemp?
Oh. You don't have to switch to $gameTemp. You should still use $gameSystem for setting up gauges. It's just that where the actual objects in the javascript code are now placed in $gameTemp variable. Sorry I didn't mean to be technical in the previous post  :)

SpoDieSie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
when i try to use the demo it says: error failed to load: img/system/windows.png

help????

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyo first of all, wonderful plug-in! It's just what I was looking for and it works like a charm~ 8D

Though, I think I may have stumbled upon a bug. It seems that the save option doesn't work with this plugin.

Here's what I found from using a new fresh project with just the plugin and the commands directly copied over from the Demo:

-When on a map where the event with the script call is in, it still allows you to go into the save menu but it wouldn't let you to save on any of the slots;

it plays the default 'Buzzer/can't use' sound when selected.So it does pick up on the player trying to do something at least.

-If you tried saving over an already used save file, it clears it, resulting in an empty save file after you exit and enter the save menu again.

-If you started on the map with no events with the script calls, you can save. But as soon as you teleport to an area with where the script/events are located in, save is disabled. This problem persists even after you teleport back to the previous area where there are no events using this script call.

Ah I apologize about this, I just noticed the file in the demo weren't up to date. There's no problem with 2.02! Again Im sorry for the mixup 8')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.
I don't know if anyone will get my old pop culture references. Item: Empty Basket. Description: Don't worry. Yogi Bear won't try to steal it.
My second childrens book is finally uploaded and approved and available to buy! I am so happy!
I just realized I passed 1,000 likes. I'm amazed you people actually like this crap. It's no surprise you'd like my high quality content. :kaopride:
Running on a creative high right now. Expanding my Redwood tile D with doors, windows, and some other odds and ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Etawaha