Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German

GDT: Elements Leveling v1.5

Introduction

This plugin gives your characters the possibility to level up their elements by using skills of this element.

Leveling up elements can give you two advantages:

• Skills of this element get stronger
  • Learn better Skills of this element (or combined elements)

Notetags

Skill:

<elementxp:xp>  You can choose how much xp an element should gain after using this spell (you gain xp for every enemy you hit)

Classes;

<elementSkill: elementId, levelOfElement, SkillTolearnId> Which skill should be learned after an element reached a specific level

<elementSkill: elementId1;elementId2, levelOfElement1;levelOfElement2, SkillTolearnId> You can use 2 or more element level requirements if you want to

A bit more help is inside the Plugin Help after installing the plugin

Lunatic Tag

Classes & Actors: <elementCurve> Script </elementCurve>

This can change the elementCurve for specifig Actors, Classes and even different Elements

For detailed Information look into the Plugin Help (Example in Screenshot below)

Installation-Guide
Just copy the plugin into your plugin folder and add it to your plugin list

If you want to you can configure the plugin parameters, level the level curve

If you want to use the Menu for Yanflys StatusMenuCore just add ElementsLevel to Command Order Parameter(Screenshot)

And be sure to have the StatusMenuCore to load before GDT Elements Level

The parameters for the status work the same as for the Element Status Menu in Yanflys StatusMenuCore

Download

Credit and Thanks
- Gamedev-Tutorials
You can use and edit this plugin as you want. This plugin is open for non commercial and commercial use. Just give me a little credit =) 

Changelog

v1.1: Just some Bugfixes

v1.2: A Skill can now have multiple depending Skill Levels to be learned

v1.3: Elements Level Status Window added for Yanflys StatusMenuCore. Just Add ElementsLevel to the Menus. Spaces are now allowed in Notetags

v1.3.1: Bugfix: There was a bug when your class didn't had any skill to learn.

v1.4: Added Icons to the Status Window

v1.5: Lunatic Tag: ElementCurve added

Demo

Screenshot

With Icons

Without Icons

Lunatic Tag: elementCurve

Last edited by a moderator:

kl4ss1c

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
thanks this is what ive been looking for and was about to brush up on my js and try and throw together myself!

it seems though, when i level up a skill. does it have to be in the skills to learn tree for the class to learn it? im getting an error when it tries to learn a skill. Any ideas? its giving me a null value trying to be passed for the skill name. Do i have to the full xxxx number convention or can i just use single digits?

got the actual error this time. 

TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
    at file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:191:60
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at Game_Actor.displayElementLevelUp (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:190:15)
    at Game_Actor.gainElementExp (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:177:13)
    at Game_Actor.updateElementExp (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:100:12)
    at file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:114:13
    at Function.BattleManager.gainElementExp (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:113:29)
    at Function.BattleManager.gainRewards (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:107:10)
    at Function.BattleManager.processVictory (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/rpg_managers.js:2386:10)rpg_managers.js:1722 SceneManager.catchExceptionrpg_managers.js:1683 SceneManager.update

Sidbot

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Very cool concept, I can't wait to try this out!

kl4ss1c

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i fixed it. you cant have a space in the command between the numbers. 

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
This looks very cool, question: Is there a way to show a character's current element levels in the status screen or separate menu? Maybe an idea for an update?

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
This looks very cool, question: Is there a way to show a character's current element levels in the status screen or separate menu? Maybe an idea for an update?
I will try to add the elements to the status menu (on weekend). Thanks for the hint :)

i fixed it. you cant have a space in the command between the numbers. 
Never tried it with spaces. But i will try to make it possible. Thank you =)

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Cool, maybe you can make it compatible with Yanflys status menu plugin too? :D

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I just added a new version of Elements Level Plugin.

I changed the following stuff:

Elements Level Status Window added for Yanflys StatusMenuCore. Just Add ElementsLevel to the Menus. Spaces are now allowed in Notetags

kl4ss1c

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
nice job!

so i do have this error now though. any thoughts?

TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined
    at Game_Actor.getSkillsToLearn (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:274:30)
    at Game_Actor.learnSkillsforElement (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:235:30)
    at Game_Actor.calculateElementLevel (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:227:13)
    at Game_Actor.gainElementExp (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:188:45)
    at Game_Actor.updateElementExp (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:112:12)
    at file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:126:13
    at Function.BattleManager.gainElementExp (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:125:29)
    at Function.BattleManager.gainRewards (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/plugins/GDT_ElementsLeveling.js:119:10)
    at Function.BattleManager.processVictory (file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/Games/testy/js/rpg_managers.js:2386:10)rpg_managers.js:1722 SceneManager.catchExceptionrpg_managers.js:1683 SceneManager.update

kl4ss1c

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
ok nm i figured it out. 

Game_Actor.prototype.getSkillsToLearn = function(elementId) {
    var skills = [];
    var skillIds = this.currentClass().meta.elementSkill;
    skillIds = (skillIds instanceof Array) ? skillIds : [skillIds];
    for(var i=0; i < skillIds.length; i++) {
      var skill = skillIds.split(",");

if(skill.length < 3) {

continue;

if i didnt have a skill set up to learn in the class, and was using it only for boost in dmg for the element i would get an error on level up b/c of those lines of code.

if i added a bogus line like <elementSkill:3,99,63> in my class, it worked fine, is there a way to write an if then conditional on this whole block so it dosent error out? 

im not new to programming just dont know js hehe...

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This plugin is brilliant! Too brilliant for me to use for now though.

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
ok nm i figured it out. 

Game_Actor.prototype.getSkillsToLearn = function(elementId) {
    var skills = [];
    var skillIds = this.currentClass().meta.elementSkill;
    skillIds = (skillIds instanceof Array) ? skillIds : [skillIds];
    for(var i=0; i < skillIds.length; i++) {
      var skill = skillIds.split(",");
      if(skill.length < 3) {
        continue;

if i didnt have a skill set up to learn in the class, and was using it only for boost in dmg for the element i would get an error on level up b/c of those lines of code.

if i added a bogus line like <elementSkill:3,99,63> in my class, it worked fine, is there a way to write an if then conditional on this whole block so it dosent error out? 

im not new to programming just dont know js hehe...
I see the error. Sorry. Thought i tested everything but i missed one condition. I will fix this after work. Thanks for the hint. 

kl4ss1c

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
np.

if you have some free time ive got some questions id like to ask you?

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I made a Bugfix. Version 1.31

When a class didn't had a Skill to learn, the plugin crashed when you gained xp. This is now fixed

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can show Icon next to the word ICe? Or Fire? Depending on the element? 

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Can show Icon next to the word ICe? Or Fire? Depending on the element? 
I can implement this. but currently there exists no icons for elements. But i'll make it possible to use icons for elements.

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
With v1.4 the Element Status window gets some icons for the elements. Have fun with it :)

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
With v1.5 you can change the Element Level Curve via Lunatic Tag

Tewth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Gilles !

I have been messing around with this for a bit and was wondering, how did you create the events with the crystals in your tutorial video, where activating the crystal increases the level in a particular element by one?

I have been trying to re-create something similar, but where the player can select which element they wish to raise.

Example:

Character activates crystal, and a dialogue box opens with 4 choices

Fire
Water
Wind
Earth

Whichever the player selects increases its level by one

Any help you could give me would be great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth