Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
GDT Item Durability (v0.9)
by Gilles (Gamedev Tutorials)
Let Items expire after some Steps, Fights or Time based. You can make these Item disappear from your Inventory or even change it to another Item (for example Egg to Hatching Egg)

Dependencies:
  • RPG Maker MV 1.5
  • No other dependency
How to Install:
  1. Download the Plugin (https://gitlab.com/gamedevtuts/mixed-plugins/raw/master/js/plugins/GDT_ItemDurability.js)
  2. Copy the plugin into the "js/plugins" folder of your Project
  3. Include the the Plugin in your Plugin Manager
  4. Configure your Items with Notetags inside the Item which should disappear/change into another item
Notetags for Item Section:
<durability-steps:NUMBER_OF_STEPS> - The item will disappear when you go the number of steps
<durability-fight:NUMBER_OF_FIGHTS> - The item will disappear when fight the number of fights
<durability-time:TIME_IN_SECONDS> - The item will disappear when the time has passed and you move at least one step
<durability-changeto:ID_OF_ITEM> - Needs to be combined with one of the upper Notetags! Instead of disappearing, the items changes into the Item with the given ID.

Notetag Configuration Examples:
Make Item disappear after 15 steps
Code:
<durability-steps:15>
Change Item (Apple) into Item with Id 11 (Bad Apple) after 2 fights
Code:
<durability-fight:2>
<durability-changeto:11>
Make Item disappear after 60 Seconds (but at least 1 step)
Code:
<durability-time:60>
IMPORTANT!: steps, time and fight are not combineable in 1 Item.
If you use items or throw them away, it will always use the once which are near to expire.

Terms of use:
The plugin is licensed under the MIT license.
Would be nice to mention me in the Credits ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.
Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr