Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you guys Label the Gear Description in your Games ? I have been thinking about doing this many different ways. Here are 3 different ways I could think of labeling Gear in my Game :

Only Stats :

Only Desc :

Desc + Stats :

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like flavor text that also tells any added function beyond the obvious stat increases that you can already see on the equip screen. Telling the def gain is probably unnecessary, while including the state resistance is mandatory I would say.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is why I loved the description pop-up box script for Ace. You could use the description box for flavour text, and the comment box for the various stat and state changes of the item. Huge fan of flavour text, and dislike descriptions that just tell me what an item does; makes the item seem like it's not really a part of the game world, like it exists for purely mechanical reasons.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd say the top of SS3 and the bottom of SS2 would work best assuming there are no scripts/plugins to add more space for flavor text. Omitting what's already seen from the equip screen saves room for the above to mostly work out.

Keeping the flavor text on the top line could be tough depending on what you wanted to describe about the item, but it's also a good exercise in cutting back on making item text too flowery or verbose. I have that problem myself :rswt

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Flavor text is one of those things that I love when it accompanies more detailed mechanical information, but I absolutely hate flavor text when that's all an item or skill has. As such, the description of items in my game tend to go something like this.

This is for the "Gunblade" weapon, intended as a nod to FF8 as well as a little joke about the absurdity of Squall's weapon of choice:
Code:
Pulling the trigger shoots the blade at your target...but then
what?  ATK +110, SPD +5, Bonus Skill: Gunblade Trigger

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

SnJj_O.png
Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Municipal_Cleaner