Gender Bender - Neko's Gender Script

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found this simple script from forum user Neko which is supposed to allow me to define subject/object pronouns etc. for characters based on a gender choice made in character creation. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work as intended anymore.

I've put the following text in notes for each of the characters [0003] (male) [0004] (female) [0005] (non-binary)

Code:
<gender:male>
<sPronoun:he>
<oPronoun:him>
<paPronoun:his>
<ppPronoun:his>
<rPronoun:himself>
I've properly installed the script and called the command with

\SPRO[0003] in a message window.

Unfortunately instead of calling the defined subject pronoun from the note on [0003] (him) the plugin returns the default (nonbinary) pronoun 'them'.

What is going wrong with this script and what do I need to fix to get it properly returning the defined string from the character note?

Thanks! Happy scripting.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
\SPRO[0003]
ID's have no leading zeroes.
It should be \SPRO[3] instead
NEVER place zeroes in front of the ID numbers, it's just the editor that can't display them correctly.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply, I changed that to \SPRO[3] but it's still not referencing the note. :(

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PostmodernCowboy Hmm, glancing at the code, I do not see any functions that are reading the Actor notetags at all.

EDIT: Ah, wait, there it is. Let me see why it is failing.

EDIT: Aah, ok, the numbers are not the ID of the actor. The ID is for the actor slot in your party. So, \SPRO[1] would be the first person in your party, \SPRO[2] would be the second, and so on. The plugin is returning 'they' because it is attempting to locate the third person in the party, failing, and returning the default value.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@PostmodernCowboy Please edit your opening post to remove the actual plugin and instead provide a link to the web page where you got it. Many plugin and script writers do not want their work reposted because it means that outdated versions may be floating around the internet.
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People in Italy panicking for this stupid coronavirus, it's nothing more than a flu and they are all acting like it's the black plague...
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.
40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venator123