PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For my game, I want the player to pick which gender the main protagonist should be, with slight alterations
depending on the gender like a different party member, a different colored UI, etc. Does anyone know how to make this possible?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basic switch, conditional branches etc. There are tutorials for these things. It depends a lot on how you want to implement it, but it all comes down to using a switch and conditional branches.

sura_tc

Loner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Other
Yeah, above poster laid it out for you.

Start out as transparent and add auto-run event that will guide players through the gender choice.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
changed text in the game can be handled by switch and eventing (especially the text codes of show text and the conditional branches)

changes in UI will require changes in scripts, and I don't know a plugin that makes the windowskin selectable at the moment

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A simple fix for text boxes is instead of checking every text box that uses the MC's pronouns, instead make a handful of actors that do nothing but are named a pronoun (that's... seven?) and call their names in text boxes. You only have to make one box no matter the gender then.

For actual mechanics, set those up either at the beginning or have them based on a switch or variable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timiti