Gender identification

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Support' started by evmaster, Nov 21, 2019.

1. evmaster

evmaster Think Outside the Box Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In Rpg Maker MV, I was able to create a choice that asked "boy or girl". So if the player chose boy I would make a variable called "boy" and set it to 1. For girl I would make a variable called "girl" and set it to 1.

Then if the player talked to an NPC the Npc could have messages depending on the gender.

For example

IF BOY

Npc says "You look strong!"

IF GIRL

Npc says "You are beautiful!"

I did not make an ELSE because that led to problems. But if I set it like that then the NPC completely skips the boy message and only displays the message for girl players.
    EDIT: (all the above worked in MV)
    I am trying to recreate this in MV. So far I have made a variable for boy and girl and set conditions. But it hasn't worked the same. If I chose Girl and in the next scene the condition is boy then girl, it doesn't skip boy and just stops working completely for girl.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Your logic must be wrong somewhere, there is no other way this could be wrong as if/else branches are quite simple. Since the logic you used in this post is correct, could you show us a screenshot of the event where you store the player gender and the event where it is supposed show the sentence based on the player gender?

P.S. there is no need to use two variables, just use a single switch (or variable) and set it to true (or 1) if boy and false (or 0) if girl (or vice versa). But this might not be what is causing your problem as a correct logic should work in this situation as well.

3. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @evmaster Is this for MV or Visual Nover Maker?

4. evmaster

evmaster Think Outside the Box Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is for Novel Maker. I just want the same method I used in MV to work for Visual Novel Maker.

If the player is not a girl and is a boy I want the event that is written for the girl to be skipped and only show the boy scene. That way everything is on one page.

Edit: I think I am going to use CHECK NUMBER instead of CONDITION and see how that works. I'll get back if it works.

Edit2: The CHECK NUMBER is not working. I wonder if it is because I have them side by side, checking for girl and then checking for boy underneath....

Edit 3: I think I found the solution to my problem...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  5. Kentou

Kentou Admin Veteran

Hi, you still need help our you figured this out? The Condition command can be use similar as IF in RPG Maker.