General discussion

derwhitephantom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Deathswallow questions 2 and 3 were similar to mine so it reasons to believe you can see indrah's and mlogans response to my own. atleast 3 specfically cuz that is kinda what i was going for aswell. I think its a great idea to create a cohesive unit of devs that will provide some consistant references to eachother so that way we actually resemble a Universe that we share instead of just 10+ devs working invidually with radically different games that could very well be set in different universes and worlds

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Deathswallow questions 2 and 3 were similar to mine so it reasons to believe you can see indrah's and mlogans response to my own. atleast 3 specfically cuz that is kinda what i was going for aswell. I think its a great idea to create a cohesive unit of devs that will provide some consistant references to eachother so that way we actually resemble a Universe that we share instead of just 10+ devs working invidually with radically different games that could very well be set in different universes and worlds
LOL, your right, i guess i didint see that he already addressed this, so sorry about that.

Anyway, but my first question, how would that work? The thing about makeing a new race?

raozspaz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well. Almost finished the skeleton for my game "No Destiny". Its coming along pretty okay so far. Or at least I would like to think so. Until I at least get the first chapter complete, I won't claim any territory on the map nor will I post any bits of story for it either. Hopefully this will work out for the better and I won't dismiss it like I do most of my ideas >.> I'm hoping the motivation from this joint project will keep me going throughout the whole thing. So yeah. Lol, here is to hoping everyone ^_^ And to the day I will finally get to show you guys a demo (AKA, chapter 1).

EDIT (12/22/2013): Does our main character have to be a named person, or can we let the player's design their main character and leave the legends of our game for other nations (if they mention it) or in the game itself as the hero was a mysterious person that little is known about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Apollo

Dark and Mysterious Rainbow Clown-Knight of Awesom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is this still a thing? If it is i might set a game in it .3.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It IS a thing, yes. But since the only major update occur at complete game releases, if there are none for a while it seems quiet (someone else complete a game come on, I already complted like three).

Also I've been very busy with commercial project so I won't be updating till thatc lears up a bit which may be a couple weeks ;-;

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My project has been sleeping a number of months now, mostly because I've had to prioritize (paying) tabletop game work, and also because we are about to move. 

ShmuelWatchman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, guys. I only dl'ed RMVXA less than a week ago, but the RMU sounds really cool. I was wondering if such a thing could happen, and it has!

I just dl'ed the tutorial, but it says that it's "in an unexpected format". Did I do something wrong? I'd really like to get it working so I can find out if this is something that I'd want to contribute to.

Silvestre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Do you mean that you cannot install the game? It should be in .exe format... or perhaps you have installed it, and don't know how to open it?

ShmuelWatchman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, I should've been more clear about that. I was able to install it, but it wouldn't let me open it. I have RMVXA, so it's not an RTP problem. It kept saying that it was in an unexpected file format. I tried opening it as an RMVXA project and I tried running it outside of it. Neither worked. :-\

Silvestre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Well, I can't imagine what could be the problem, try downloading the Arum demo again, it might have been a download error or something.

it works just fine for me.

Fomar0153

All wrapped up for winter.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Could be to do so with Steam, this demo was made long before the steam version of RM came out.

Do you have the Steam version?

ShmuelWatchman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No, just the RTP demo. Is the Steam demo a standalone demo?

Fomar0153

All wrapped up for winter.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
No there's different versions of RPG Maker, try copying one of your "Game.rvproj2" over the existing one in the demo.

Silvestre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I use the Steam version of RPG Maker VX Ace, and I can confirm it works without a problem, I did have the RTP installed before, however.

I have downloaded the demo from the link contained in this page: http://rpgmaker.net/games/3881/

Maybe Shmuel is missing the RTP?

ShmuelWatchman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Silvestre, how can I have RPGVXA Lite dl'ed and not the RTP? O_O

Silvestre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure how much of the RPT stuff come with it, perhaps if you install the package, it will work... but I would try Fomar's suggestion.

Sorry, just trying to help.

ShmuelWatchman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, you two have been a big help. I dl'ed the RTP for XP, VX, and, Ace, just to cover all my bases. It worked! :-D

Silvestre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
That's great, I'll be looking forward to your Arum project, if you get to it.

ShmuelWatchman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. I'm working on skill progression on a personal project atm. Once I become a little more familiar with with how RMVXA works, I'll start working on coming up with a rough outline for an Arum game.

By the way, is NuSevith active anymore? I sent him a pm asking about placing a country in the Masyr desert almost a week ago, but have yet to get a reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoyohony8