Generator Issues

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by DestinyKitsuna, Apr 25, 2017.

1. DestinyKitsuna

DestinyKitsuna Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, so I bought several new graphics for the character generator here on the main site and I placed all of them in their respective files in the main MV folder under generator/faces/Female etc. However when I open the software I see all the graphics but when I click on them to add them to a character nothing shows up. Clothes show up as underwear, hair is completely invisible so they look bald, they have no eyes, mouths, noses, etc. Did I do something wrong when I added them to the files?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes and no - you simple missed one sted (and that step is the reason why there are so many tutorials on adding resources to the generator.

The problem is that the generator requires a continuous numbering to work - if a number is skipped, all generator parts with higher numbers cease to work.
    And no one can know what parts might already have been added to your specific generator from other sources.

So you need to search for the tutorials and renumber the parts you added as it is described there. And do that whenever you add parts, no matter where they come from.

3. DestinyKitsuna

DestinyKitsuna Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, okay I see. There was a tutorial that came with three of the packs, the same one as they were simply 3 parts, but I couldn't understand it. I'll search for other tutorials and see if they can help. Thank you very much for replying!

**As of now I have fixed the issue. It was exactly as Andar said. I didn't realize about the numbering system and have now started on fixing each and every one. I didn't understand the tutorial that the link provided but another person on here, I can't remember their name, was talking about it on their own forum post and listed and example of the names. That is when it clicked in my brain and was kind of a 'duh!' moment. Thank you guys very much for the help!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017