RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
I had bought the MV Trinity resource pack from the store page of RPG Maker MZ and I noticed it came with some generator parts. So I checked the Character Generator and saw that nothing had changed. After uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting the generator file and replacing it via Steam's "Check File Integrity" feature from my Steam Library, the parts did not appear usable.

I had also noticed that the generator parts from the DLC included a "_M00X" at the end of all the file names so do I just rename all the files manually or will whomever the developer is rename the files via an update? I'm using this via Steam in case anyone asks.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Steam does not auto install Trinity gen parts because all of those parts are designed for use in MV. You can manually chucke them into your MZ gen folder if you want, but nothing will be aligned correctly, faces will look more odd than they already do, and clothing parts will be missing sprites (especially for the downed variants).

You could replace your entire MZ gen with MV parts. I haven't tried it, but it should work. I think the Trinity pack even comes with a bunch of MV style sprites, faces, etc so you can use them as replacements of the MZ faces and what not without owning MV.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Steam does not auto install Trinity gen parts because all of those parts are designed for use in MV. You can manually chucke them into your MZ gen folder if you want, but nothing will be aligned correctly, faces will look more odd than they already do, and clothing parts will be missing sprites (especially for the downed variants).

You could replace your entire MZ gen with MV parts. I haven't tried it, but it should work. I think the Trinity pack even comes with a bunch of MV style sprites, faces, etc so you can use them as replacements of the MZ faces and what not without owning MV.
Thanks for mentioning, I did also chuck hiddenone's MV generator parts into MZ with mixed results so this advice checks out.

I'm just gonna sit on those parts for the time being but thanks for the help!

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
IIRC, it mentions this on the store page, but you've gotta replace your whole generator folder with the one that was provided, essentially turning it into the MV generator. The parts were all made to be used with MV's base body and faces, and I guess the devs were too lazy/cheap to update them, so they figured it'd be acceptable to force us to have to choose between using these parts, and using MZ's parts.

If you want to use them, just rename the 'generator' folder that's already in your RPG Maker MZ install directory into something like 'generator-MZ'. Then paste the new generator folder there. This will disable all MZ parts, but give you MV's parts along with the Trinity parts. Then when you want to switch back to the MZ parts, you can rename the new 'generator' folder to 'generator-MV', and then rename the 'generator-MZ' folder back to 'generator'.... if that makes sense.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
IIRC, it mentions this on the store page, but you've gotta replace your whole generator folder with the one that was provided, essentially turning it into the MV generator. The parts were all made to be used with MV's base body and faces, and I guess the devs were too lazy/cheap to update them, so they figured it'd be acceptable to force us to have to choose between using these parts, and using MZ's parts.

If you want to use them, just rename the 'generator' folder that's already in your RPG Maker MZ install directory into something like 'generator-MZ'. Then paste the new generator folder there. This will disable all MZ parts, but give you MV's parts along with the Trinity parts. Then when you want to switch back to the MZ parts, you can rename the new 'generator' folder to 'generator-MV', and then rename the 'generator-MZ' folder back to 'generator'.... if that makes sense.
I might put this to use. Thanks for the idea.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.
oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.
Ohmygoodness I played Dicey Dungeons for the first time last night. Gave me SO MANY IDEAS for how to fix Heidi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarPyra