Generator SV/TV/TVD Earless Character

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by inujuju, Feb 26, 2016.

1. inujuju

inujuju Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys!

I've noticed a few posts getting rid of ears for characters with other types of ears, mainly the beast ears, for the face but not for the sprites. I am currently working on editing the base sprites to have a version that are earless. This will take some time to get them all done, as ears effect several things for the sprites.

Terms of Use: These are simple edits for the base sprites, so all you have to have is a legal copy of RPGMaker MV. You do not need to credit me but I would like for you to supply this thread link somewhere for other hopefuls who come across your game and are curious. 

Update List:

02.26.16 Uploaded SV/TV Female Body

Complete:

SV/TV Female Body

To Do:

SV Male Body, TV Female Body, TV Male Body, TVD Female Body, TVD Male Body, Individual Hairs, Accessory's, etc. for SV, TV, and TVD (aka everything)

How to Use (PLEASE READ AS THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM NORMAL GENERATOR PARTS):

Due to the fact that this is editing bases of already existing sprites that you may want to reuse, you can't just place the files into the character generator file. This is because they would overwrite the current ones, making all future characters earless. I currently don't know how to make an additional tab on the generator, so we have to do things a little nasty.

What I have done to help avoid this problem is name the folder with the editing sprites "[Gender] No Ears". This way, when you extract the .rar file inside you Generator folder, it won't overwrite anything. If it prompts you to overwrite something, cancel and extract the .rar elsewhere.

When you want to make a earless character, continue to the following steps.

1. Rename your normal [Gender] folders in the to something else. I suggest "[Gender] with Ears" to help keep things straight.

2. Rename "[Gender] No Ears" to just "[Gender]".

3. If you have RPG Maker MV open, close it and reopen it.

4. Go into the generator and you should now see all the earless sprites. This does not include the faces I suggest you use this one for the faces.

5. Make your character and export all the images you want. You can save the .json file but you may have to rename the folders in the event that you switched to the Eared folders.

6. Once you're done with making your characters, you can either leave it as is, or switch the folder names back ("[Gender] with Ears" to [Gender] and son on, remember, it should not be asking you to overwrite anything)

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. To be safe, I suggest you make a backup of the normal generator folders.

Examples:

Female:

SV Body

Spoiler

SV_body_p01.png

TV Body

TV_Body_p01.png

TVD Body

TVD_Body_p01.png

Downloads:

View attachment Female without Ears Body.rar

Requests:

If you have any requests for the default hair, accessories, etc. to be done, please let me know in the form here so I can bump it up on my list. If you have an something from another creator, you must show me that you've had permission granted for the sprite to be edited.

Comments:

If you see anything wrong with the aesthetics of the sprites, please let me know and I'll try to fix them. 

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
  2. Darmok0

Darmok0 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Than you for your work. It's the little things such as this that some designers often overlook .This could come in handy for creating all sorts of non - human npc characters. Great job.

3. inujuju

inujuju Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Just a quick update:

I'm halfway through the TV Rear female hair. Once I complete all of the rear and front (as there are little edits needed for front) I'll upload a new download.