Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a really simple request: I would like a plugin that allows me to define custom stats.

These stats do not need to be displayed in the status screen or anywhere in-game. They require only two functions:
1. The ability to assign static values to them in the Notes section of the Class editor.

2. The ability to call on these stats in damage formulas.

Basically, every class in my game needs a set of hidden stats such as 'base attack', 'base defense', etc. These are then added to the actor's actual attack and defense in some damage formulas. They will never change and are completely hidden from the player.

I suspect the reason this hasn't been done already is because it's so simple, meaning anyone could probably do it for themselves, but a few of us are absolutely inept at Javascript, so a simple plugin like this could be a huge help.

Last edited by a moderator:

kuoushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm working on something that actually has a similar feature planned for the future. I might be able to strip it down to do just this. It might take me a couple of days to get to it because I'm a little busy but I'll see what I can do.

kuoushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, I should probably thank you. I was putting together a quick custom stats plugin for you using some code that I had already written and was running into a weird bug while testing it. Turns out the bug was also in my original, bigger plugin so I had to track down all the various issues and fix them in both.

That being said, here's your plugin:

https://github.com/kuoushi/KuoMV/blob/master/CustomStats.js

It works like this, you say which stats you want to exist in the plugin's parameters. I included some default values there to kind of show you how to do it.

To customize the default values on a per class basis you'll have to add a notetag to each class for each stat. These stats can then be used in your damage formulas.

Read the help in the plugin, it should let you know what you need to do a bit more precisely.

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh god, now I feel really bad! Literally about thirty minutes before I noticed this post, a friend of mine wrote me an identical plugin which was working like a charm.
I'm going to test out yours as well and I'll try to use whichever runs most efficiently, but I still feel bad that I essentially have to render one of your plugins moot by choosing the other.

Thank you so much for creating this in any case, I'm sure lots of people besides myself will get tons of use out of it! It's a very simple concept but it's so key to many different types of games.

kuoushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not a problem at all. The plugin will definitely get some use from me and it also helped me track down bugs in my other plugins.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm actively looking for people who want to recreate classical compositions in the public domain for RPG Maker games. I've got a whole kick going on of looking for several resources from anyone which would be sharable amongst commercial games. This latest pursuit is something I'm surprised no one else has started doing.
I played Deltarune chapter 2 today! It was great. No spoilers, but I hope one day I can design a world as interesting as Toby Fox and team.
Holy cow, I have made Row Formation work again with OTB!

Now, my devious machinations can finally be born...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark_OP