- Dec 15, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
"...Eons before recorded history began, in the days following the Maker’s birthing of the universe, the Allfather did create man to tame the land, and the Gepensts to guard man and guide him through the Everafter.
When man’s hubris and power led him to violate the Everafter while he yet lived, poisoning the holy after life in pursuit of power, the Gespensts forsake their inherent task, for they realized they could not guide man, only contain him.
They sealed those responsible under the wall that never bent, and watched the innocent to guide his way..."
- Amisad Lowel, the World Records
Welcome to GESPENT, a classic-style JRPG. You know, I always liked these games, and i also always prefer JRPG's to WRPG's for their colorful characters, creative designs and strategic battle systems. So I am not trying to make something action-related, or RTS, or a rhytm game or something... No, what I want to make is what Maker exists for. But please, don't expect a clichéd by the book JRPG, no. I am fixing what I feel is wrong with that genre (and please don't come to my door with burning pitchforks for not liking some classic JRPG elements like overobundance of grinding and random encounters). I just want to make a game which I, and by extent you all, can play and have fun with.
The game is free and open, you can get all resources from it w/o my permission and do everything you want with it.
Well, that was kinda jousy, wasn't it? I'm not very good at those "intro" things. Let me just to map out the features that await you in the upcoming game and in the demo itself:
- Sideview battle system with animated battlers. Most battles depends on smart use of skills and states, you can rarely win even small battles by mashing that enter.- A LOT of custom graphics: nearly all battlers, charsets and icons are custom. Also busts! Yeah, and cut-ins too!
- Unique characters. Both personality and gameplay wise. There is no clones, and each party member plays differently.
- A lot of unique abilities. Again, no ability clones.
- No random encounters. All enemies are visible and behave differently.[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]
- Streamlined level gain: your party gains levels, not character. But-- Unorthodox ability learning system: Skill Web. Inspiration comes from FF X's sphere grid, but you are free to go. You will gain points by doing certain things with certain characters, and you can use those to move trough the grid. Once you learn a basic ability, you will get a card, with which you can later fill the empty space of other character's Skill Web in order for that character to learn it.
- Branching, route-based storyline with multiple endings.[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]
Game shall be released in episodic format.
- Double pop: if Slip HP and slip MP are afflicted simultaneousely, clone of Slip Mp indicator will appear and will kinda stand there for a while.
- Sometime character's "Limit Break" will not empty the gauge and can be used many times over. Causes and solutions are currently unknown.
People and gratitudes:- Indimion & Hosse for their amazing music.
- undergroundjin & LexusX For their outstanding animations
- caveman, Ren310, Cornered Cosmos & Anthyny Murphy for testing.
Unit 8: Daughter of Unit 1 and educated in a prestigious academy, Unit 8 displays high marks in close combat and magical vitality aptitudes.
Unit 17: Though technically a failed prototype of a the theoretical next-gen warrior, the mutations he retains from that, although rendering him blind and mute, did make for an extremely strong individual. Hence why he was spared extermination and moved to further tests and field operations, pending further investigation.
Unit 27: Despite his lowborn caste, Unit 27 scored such high marks due to his great intelligence that he was brought into the research field regarding sonic technology. Recommend keeping a close eye on his, for though he is a titanic asset, he remains overly sympathetic to the plight of the lower castes.
Last edited by a moderator: