malonkey1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I got bored and started messing around with some old Google doodles, and found the Halloween 2016 doodle.

It was fun, and I kind of wanted to be able to make an RPG controlled similarly. Minimal menus, just gestures to perform attacks and skills. And I've seen a few plugins that allow for gestures, but they're usually just one direction, and they're basically just for using menus.

I wanted to be able to do the following:

• Define a gesture, such as drawing a specific shape or writing a letter
    • Ideally, being able to do it graphically, either with a specific tool, or just by using image editing software like GIMP or photoshop
  • Have that gesture activate an effect, perform an action, or use a skill.
    • For example, drawing a horizontal line to perform a simple attack, or drawing a triangle to cast a basic fire spell, or drawing an "X" to guard.
    • Ideally, being able to return how accurately the gesture was done so it could affect the skill being used (the more accurate, the more powerful the attack, or the more accurate, etc.).

Is there a plugin for this? If not, would anyone want to make such a plugin?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool
Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif
It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwiras