That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So whenever I use

get.chomp

It displays an issue where it doesn't understand the "get." Can anyone help me with this?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support . Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What is that get actually?

In that context, it is a local variable or a method name, so it must be defined within the method it is used (if it is a local variable) or within the same/related classes (if it is a method name). If it's not defined before you call chomp on it, you will get a crash, and that is expected.

So, you must first define that get variable/method, and call chomp on it after but only if it is NOT nil.

get.chomp if get

This will ensure that the chomp is only run when there is a variable/method named get and only when it is NOT nil.

Ohh, and in case you meant on gets.chomp, well, it is gets, not get.

Last edited by a moderator:

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OHHHH, sorry, I forgot to assign get to something. It's a small script that lets you have a shield when you begin the match, blocking all attacks for 2 turns in which you can prepare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli