Get party and then open door

SpunkySpaceCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Me again with yet another problem. The title says it all. I know this uses a variable, and being the newb I am, I probably messed it up. I inserted another event page, yada yada. Did everything I could, and yet it doesn't work. Let me rephrase, I want to collect all the party members I need, and if I don't have them, the door won't open, but if I do, the door will open. Thanks for reading. I'm being stupid, and this is probably a simple solution, but I cannot figure it out. 

Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There might be an easier way to do this, but I would create a Conditional Branch to check for each of your Actors.

Don't forget to Add the 2nd Tab for your Control Self Switch: A.

ActorInParty.jpg

SpunkySpaceCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The thing is that I have 11 actors (yes a lot) and I don't want to go through that... But I shall try anyways :\ Thanks anyways 

Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah. In that case, you're looking for the same thing I am. I'm trying to check multiple variables.

I tested it in your case using:

Conditional Branch: Script: $game_party.members.include?($game_actors[1..11])

but it's not working. If I find it, I'll let you know.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
whenever you add a party member, have that event count up a variable.

At the door, check the variable and don't allow passing if the value is too low.

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you only need to check if there are 11 actors in the party and not have to check who these actors are, you can also use a Conditional Branch with the Script:

$game_party.members.length == 11

SpunkySpaceCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@LadyBaskerville Thank you very much! I've been looking for this for a long time, and the answer has been right in front of me. My problem is now solved. Again, thanks. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it. But my players seemed to use it without complaining. Now, idk if I should buff it or leave it as is.
I have recently discovered a Limit breaker for RPGmaker VXA, needless to say this changes everything.also I really like the changes this website has made.
It seems that my favorite anime page finally kicked the bucket... :,c
work in progres c:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SorcererRed