NightHerald

little demon child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to create a day/night cycle that uses pictures to add extra lighting effects. The change between pictures was too abrupt, so I added a parallel process event with many pictures at different opacities to create a smoother transition. But the transition repeats over and over again. I added a self switch and a page with the single full opacity picture, and that works for one period of day(morning), but the single picture stays through all the other time periods. If I add a switch for morning on the second page, the event starts at the second page and is again too abrupt. I had originally added the pictures to the Common Event that controlled tints, but that didn't work because of the repetition.

Can you please help either get the parallel process to end at the last picture command, or get the self-switch-full-opacity picture to go away after the morning switch is off? This would be very useful to know for other events too.

Screenshots:

lighting screen.png

lighting screen 2.png

Here are the common events that are tied to it.

lighting screen 5.png

lighting screen 6.png

This is what the evening should look like, just one light source in the north west.

lighting screen 4.png

And this is what the morning looks like, two light sources in both the east and west.

lighting screen 3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

XxXhelazz

Agains these fascist who want to destroy me and my
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Msdos and httml
Primarily Uses
I think that the event repeats because you didn't turn off morning. I don't really know, have you see if morning is really off at all? Or maybe changing some image display coordenades?

NightHerald

little demon child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@XxXhelazz  No, turning the switch off doesn't do anything...

Thanks for answering though.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Your second page is set to self switch A.  This will always override the Morning switch as the engine reads event pages from highest number to lowest and stops at the first page where the conditions are fulfilled.  It will, therefore, never reach page 1 again and the full opacity picture will always show.

If you want this to happen repeatedly, i.e. every time the Morning switch is turned on, then instead of using a self switch, you would need to use another control switch, let's call it 'full morning'.  Activate that and use it for the condition of page 2.  Then include turning that switch off when you want the time to cycle on to the next day so that the engine reads the first page.

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@NightHerald...

The Event pages have a priority, the highest numbered page with conditions 'True' will run. This implies, in your case above, that, once the Self Switch 'A' has been triggered, it will always run. Nothing turns off that Self Switch. I could suggest two different methods to treat this, depending on the effect wanted.

1 - Have a 3rd page, with a condition 'Day: On', with the command content 'Self-Switch 'A': Off. Once 'Day is triggered, this 3rd page will override the 2nd page, and turn off the Self Switch. When next Morning comes, the 1st page will again be active.

2 - You could use another Switch, instead of a Self Switch, to trigger your 2nd page. Page 1 could set this Switch (End of Morning, for instance...) to trigger Page 2. At any future change of lighting, such as 'Day' becoming active, have the Morning Switch Off, but also the End of Morning Switch. Both pages will remain inactive intil the next Morning.

Does this help at all..?

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
R91KekF.gif

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The change between pictures was too abrupt, so I added a parallel process event with many pictures at different opacities to create a smoother transition

lol - talk about doing things the hard way!

You can just use Move Picture to change the opacity over a set number of frames (or seconds?)

NightHerald

little demon child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Shaz Thank youuu! ;_; I knew there had to be a simpler way to that. I didn't even check out the move picture command -_- I should really look at all the commands and see what they all do before trying to do something like this...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googoogagaman