impliedwolf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was going to ask a question about how to get these switches to turn on but I solved that. But now I am having a problem with coding an object so that it appears when 4 switches are turned on, right now I have these lines that don't work:
Screen_Shot_2019-05-20_at_3.48.42_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2019-05-20_at_3.48.56_PM.png

I have events that appear when each individual switch is on and they appeared, but this one did not. I don't think I can use variables since it's a switch that can be undone and turns off every time one of the objects is in the wrong position, so if I were to replace that with a variable I would just have a staggeringly negative number. Is there an easy way to do this that doesnt require me to figure out how to use variables in this situation?

Edit: it was him
Screen_Shot_2019-05-20_at_3.58.07_PM.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its because page one is action button, so unless someone walks up to the event and activates it, it will never run. That is why it is never showing up.

What I'd do is use a variable instead, and each time the switch would be turned on increase it by 1, and set the spider event to show up when the variable is >= 4.

impliedwolf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ugh I realized this seconds after I hit post and when I playtested it worked perfectly... I think working on this puzzle for a solid hour destroyed my brain.. thank you Bernard Gillisp

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Belphegor