Jellicoe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used Victor Engine Scripts to make a new vehicle. In my case a wagon. I wanted to retain the default boat, ship, and airship vehicle so I wanted to make a fourth vehicle.

I was able to successfully make the vehicle. Its on the map and I can get in and out and drive around.

My issue is that I cannot figure out how to get "inside it" such as when you are in an airship and able to access the airship bridge and walk around inside the airship.

My problem is that the tutorial I saw used to access the vehicle used the If statement: if (boat, ship, airship) is driven...

However my wagon vehicle is not on this list so I cannot complete the event.

Any help on how I can get around that?

Thanks!

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you post links to the plugin and tutorial you're talking about?

Is your wagon an event? If so, can't you just teleport the player to a map that represents the inside of the wagon?

Jellicoe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you post links to the plugin and tutorial you're talking about?

Is your wagon an event? If so, can't you just teleport the player to a map that represents the inside of the wagon?

This is the link to the plugin I made to get a fourth vehicle:
https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/custom-vehicles/

This is the tutorial I used:
at 2:50 there is a condition :"if airship is driven". Would be nice to have f I had an airship, but I made a wagon.
I have no problem teleporting to another map, but it has to be done only while driving the vehicle. I cant think of another way to do this without this condition.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's an excerpt from the plugin instructions you linked:

* - Switch
* Switch turned ON while the driving the vehicle. It will be turned OFF when
* leaving the vehicle.
* X : switch Id.

So you can check this switch in your conditional instead of "If airship is driven"

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Only 9 things left on the to-do list before my game's next big update. Minus the soul-crushing playtesting session, of course! So close...
Retired from RPG Maker.
Anyone else who initially created a character to be a villain only to end up liking them so much that you made them a hero? :)
Today i'll start creating monster sounds for my enemies :D I was looking forward to that
//Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
//Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
:kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deamsrs