Bigbaddevil7

Aka SteamPunkDevil
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I know Javascript, but my background is entirely different to this. So I am trying to figure out the flow that is going on here.

One thing I am trying to do. Is get the Screen X to eventually be able to draw a sprite over the character. I know this can be done in the Game using variables, but I plan to expand upon this such as including direction and a couple of other things, which to my knowledge isn't really feasible such as drawing a direction sprite depending on where the character is looking and still have it follow.

Now, I'm not asking for working code on how to do that, but really looking for the gap I am missing in how to grab information like that from the current code flow.

I been looking at the:
Code:
Sprite_Character.prototype.updatePosition = function() {
    this.x = this._character.screenX();
    this.y = this._character.screenY();
    this.z = this._character.screenZ();
};
and been trying to reference it
Code:
alias_spriteUpdate = Sprite_Character.prototype.update;
Sprite_Character.prototype.update = function() {
    alias_spriteUpdate.call(this);
    console.log(this._character.screenX());
};
I get readouts but its acting like its still getting just the Pixels and not the screenX.

And looked at:
Code:
Game_CharacterBase.prototype.screenX = function() {
    var tw = $gameMap.tileWidth();
    return Math.round(this.scrolledX() * tw + tw / 2);
};
which is clearly doing the math to offset the scrolling and divide the tiles, but I am still clearing missing how this is all be pulled together.

Hopefully help with this well make me understand the code flow for JS Game Dev more. At the moment all my expertise is all Logic Web based programming, not use to the environment of this.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why not just draw your sprite over the Sprite_Character bitmap? That way you can utilize all the benefits of the Class.

Bigbaddevil7

Aka SteamPunkDevil
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mainly just cause I'm new to all this so learning all this and didn't even think of that as a possibility. I want to be able to eventually make it where you can pass this to an event as well as be able to have it on a character.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for screen
PHP:
 mX = Graphics.pageToCanvasX(event.pageX), mY = Graphics.pageToCanvasY(event.pageY);
dont forget to do a dX*48; if you need reel map (48 are your current tile w,h)
dx are displayX and also displayY

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?
Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chunryon