Getting the position of Enemies/Actors in battle

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by cloakedranger, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    cloakedranger, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Just edit your post and add the extra info.

What are you trying to do with the actor positions? You want to make them move to an enemy?

There are probably some animated side view battle systems out there already that you could download and take a look at. Even if you looked at some for Ace, it would give you an idea of what the scripter did, and you could then look back to XP to see what changes might be required because of the different class and script layout.

2. cloakedranger

cloakedranger Snail Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Ah sorry about that... I guess I'm still not used to forums :headshake:

Yes :) Originally I had been trying to use some of those, but it ended up being too much trouble. But now that I've learned a little more on how to read and understand Ruby, I think I will. Thanks again for all the help.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, a script like that would be pretty big and overwhelming. You could narrow it down to the following classes to make it less intimidating (some of them may not even be used):

Sprite_Base

Sprite_Battler * (this is what draws the battler sprites and sets their position - I'd expect some changes to have been made here)

Game_CharacterBase * (this is what determines the x/y position of battlers - I'd expect some changes to have been made here)

Game_Actor

Game_Enemy