Getting your game known

SpongeBound102

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I have a weird problem. I made an RPG Maker game last year and I wanted it to get known among people. I suggested it to several people and even if they said that they would play the game, they never did. Are there any tips on how to get your RPG Maker game known? <--snip-->

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SpongeBound102 I have removed the link etc to your game, as General Discussion is not for feedback on individual, specific projects. It is intended for a wider perspective on any topic.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Maybe start with your friends and/or family, then make them spread the word. Make a post about it and make them share it in their social media etc.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Create traffic around your game's website.

• You can use the various available social media for that (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, Instagram, etc), interlink them with each other. You can see popular / successful Youtubers for example, doing that.
  • Invite friends/family (or whoever may support you) to like/follow/abo these sites and in best case, even to share them.
  • Create content on these sites.. for example.. a showcase of a boss fight in youtube. Then share the youtube link on said other platforms + write a devlog about it and link the video.
  • Keep in touch with your (possible) followers; have an active devlog and link newly created logs on social media.
  • Avoid copy&paste. Try to publish unique content. For example: you describe one of the game mechanics in your devlog. Then you want to share it on your facebook site. Instead of copy&paste, adding the link, you could write a short introduction to the topic and adding the link as referrence, asking the people to take a look. Unique content matters in improving your google ranking (when it comes to being listed as "top" as possible, when someone uses the search engine)
  • Encourage interaction; ask people to give general feedback.. or create surveys.. or make straight questions, etc
  • Share your game in appropiate places; for example.. make use of "Screenshot Saturday" in specific facebook groups.. There are also groups, specifically for sharing your projects. Make a forum post here (There is a section, where you can introduce your game), etc etc
Well, this is what I can think of, so far..

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are also subreddits devoted to game dev. Don't be shy about sharing everywhere.
I've gotten a good amount of traffic from rpgmaker.net.

Also people check out your stuff on here, put some links and images in your signature. Be active in the community, it's important for you and for others.

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
People are polite. They accept even if they do not intend to play it in the end. The best way to make your game known is to make a fricking good game that makes everyone drool.
And then, ask people to spread the word, while publishing it everywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmeeDucks