GFX Bunker: Restocked

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by hyde9318, Apr 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welcome one and all to...
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the new and rebooted GFX Bunker. I'm sure the Graphic Bunker is WAY before your time for some of you, but I will explain what this is to catch us up real quick. The Graphic Bunker was a Logo and Title Screen shop I opened WAY back in the day for a short time. It allowed me to help people out a bit with their projects, as well as get me some practice in graphic design. Long story short, the first Bunker got busy, I expanded it as Version 2 for a few months, took a lot of requests. Later on (roughly a year later), I opened a 3rd one for more practice, which lasted for a while as well. Later on again, instead of opening a new shop, I became a co-owner of (not to brag,  ;) ) one of the more popular shops during the slightly early days of this site, alongside my partner-in-crime, Reisen. After both of us became way too busy to continue, we closed it and went on to other projects.

Time goes by (long time really, that shop was 2012-13), I partnered up with different people of whom I now consider very close friends, but I never came back to the shop. So now, after a few month hiatus, I would like to announce that not only am I back, but I am going to attempt to reboot the Bunker. So to anyone who has supported me and my work in the past, thank you SO much and welcome back dear friends! But enough history and sappy memories, time to get this Bunker stocked with goodies!

Rules:
    • You must have a pre-existing post count of 5 posts before being eligible to make a request. 
    • Do NOT double post in the thread. The edit button is lonely, make sure to give it a purpose. 
    • If you have proposed the SAME request in another shop/thread, I reserve the right to refuse your request on that issue alone. 
    • If requesting a Title/Game-Over, you MUST give the EXACT dimensions that you need. Now that the system allows larger screen sizes, I will not waste time trying to guess what size you want, only to have to redo it later.
    • Although I tend to work at a decent pace, I reserve the right to work at my OWN pace. Requesters, please do not try and rush me.
    • Although I have never refused a request, I reserve the right to do so without questioning. I do not use this rule to segregate or pick and choose, I use it to refuse requests that I find to be against my beliefs and morals.
    • Do NOT break forum rules within the thread. This means that you do something that requires me to contact a moderator and allow them to take action. I am far from afraid to have a mediator break up problems, and depending on the issue faced, you could face a ban from shop services within the Bunker. 
    • Please just have a great day! Nobody likes to be sad, and I don't like seeing people as such. If you are feeling down, remember to still be courteous of other members and remain polite. If you really need a way to vent off steam, just message me and I will chat with you a bit. I would rather talk to a friend all day than have to break up a flame war or argument.

Previous Works
     ​
    All images shown in the spoiler below are examples of work I have done in the past for different projects and sources. Please do NOT snatch any of them up for your own personal use, that is not what they are for. You can just as easily get one custom made for your own project, so no sense in using any of these. 

Before I move on, I want to recognize that Celianna (not Celiana, as I mistakenly forgot to spell check... so sorry) is the owner of the trees and bushes pictured below. Also, the Smogon University logo is my own work minus the shield (which was their logo at the time). The logo was created by special request from an admin of the community and it belongs to them now respectively. 

[​IMG]

Information:

So we have seen and heard about past stuff, but when do we get to anything new? Good question, lets move on to that.

What is requestable here?

It's a bit of a weird list, but lets try. Logos, Titles (as in Title Screen), Game Overs, HUDs, Etc.

Basically, overall graphic design stuff. However, not all graphics are created equal. I rate priority based on how difficult and how much time a project will take me. So you can expect me to be more willing to freely do Logos often. Then, I am pretty good on doing multiple Titles/Game Overs. But as I get in to doing Advanced HUDs and doing custom graphics for full systems, depending on the project size, I tend to lean more towards doing it as a commission job instead of completely free. 

On that note though, make sure to feel free to request different kinds of graphics. I do specialize in Logos, but I am adventurous and I am sure we can work something out.  ;)

You mentioned Commissions...?

These tend to be more of a last resort for large scale projects. I am almost always taking classes going for a higher degree, so money is something I do NOT take lightly, lol. I am willing to take on projects ranging from helping do a specific HUD, all the way up to becoming a member of a game's team if I have to. But that brings me to prices... If you are wanting me to do commission work, you will need to shoot me a private message as I will not discuss commissions here in depth past this post. I am super cheap for the most part, as I generally work completely off of donations. 

For the time being, make sure to post whatever ideas for requests you have in this thread here. If I feel it is too large of a request to do for free, I will absolutely let you know and then you can make the decision whether or not to contact me about it further. However, for those of you here for free stuff, do NOT fret my children, this isn't about making money at all. I just wanted to explain how I do things first. Almost every request will be completely FREE, commissions are strictly for worst-case-scenarios. 

Request Forms?

Oh yeah, close to forgetting...

Well, I know they are required in this forum to start a new thread, but I have always been a bit against forms for requesting. They are difficult to customize to different situations and different people. I mean, you have an idea in your heads how you want your logo to look, and then you have to explain your grand design through the use of an all-encompassing form? Nah, doesn't work too well. 

So here is what we are going to do here...

I will put up some basic form(s), then you fill them out with whatever details you feel will best get you what you want. So try these out here...

Logo-

Title - 

Subtitle - (Not needed if there isn't one)

Color Scheme/Theme - 

Extra Requests - 

Title/Game Over-

See Logo, all are the same except add in...

Background Description -

HUDs, Menus, Etc.-

These are too specific to have a form for, make sure to post descriptive details such as theme/color scheme, what the HUD will look like, what it is for, dimensions, and so on.
    Remember some key points though when requesting. It is always good to give a short description of what your game's setting is or what it is about. This helps me paint a picture in my head of what kind of graphic would best fit the situation. Also, any extra information that you feel would be helpful to me, please throw it in. I want to get you a product you will be happy with, so if you have a certain idea already, I need to know what it is.

Alright, thank you guys SO much for your time and patience. I hope that we can work together to get everyone what they want. I am excited to be back in the community with friends, ready to work again! The RMing community is filled with some of the greatest people on the net and i am so thankful that I have always been welcomed with open arms for so many years now. 

If you guys have any questions or comments whatsoever, please feel more than welcome to post it right away, and I will respond as soon as I get the chance. 

2. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ongoing Requests

This section will show off my current work load and who it is that has gotten their request accepted. This also shows the order in which I will be doing requests. Make sure you check in with me if you made a request and your name is not on the list. If I have an update on your request at all, I will 'LIKE' one of your posts in the topic here to let you know. This will send you a notification directly to your account, so you will be easily notified when a reply is needed. 

(Note: There will be some blank spaces on the list for a time. This isn't a mistake and it does not mean that I only accept a number of requests at a time. It is only there to ease me in editing the list.)

User Name - Request Type - Post Number Request Found On - Current Status
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • Dekita - Request to Remain Awesome - Put on hold til I get the big bucks...  :p  

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Tornado Samurai and ?????? like this.
  3. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Reserved

4. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a request...

I request that you continue the awesome work that you do for us non graphical people ^_^

That is all...

Tornado Samurai and hyde9318 like this.
  5. Tornado Samurai

Tornado Samurai A Samurai of the Storms Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats on re-opening your workshop! Very impressive art and work so far! Also, the rules are really well-written and organized to keep the workshop stable! I will definitely request from here soon! Keep up the awesome work! :D

- Tornado Samurai,  A Samurai of Storms

hyde9318 likes this.
  6. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dekita, I don't know, that seems like a lot of work. May have to do that as commission... ;)

Lol

@Tornado Samurai, that is all cool and I an ready and willing to get that ready for you ASAP, but do you have any other details for it? Like in terms of style and scheme? I like to think of myself as relatively creative and I am sure I can come up with a logo for that by myself, but I just want to make sure you get what you want. So if you have any more details pertaining to your request, let me know and I'll be on it. :)

Tornado Samurai and ?????? like this.
  7. Tornado Samurai

Tornado Samurai A Samurai of the Storms Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh, sorry about the error. I haven't requested yet, about this...

That's not a request, it's just my sort of "signature" that I, for no reason and unconsciously, add at the end of my messages every time I post in threads. :p Sorry about the misunderstanding. I'll be sure to order soon, though! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    hyde9318 and ?????? like this.
  8. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, lol. Okay, I feel goofy now. Thanks for the clearing up. No problem though, order whenever you are ready. :)

Tornado Samurai likes this.
  9. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Hyde - had I enough random spare cash I would happily commission you to do random work for the pubilc... Actually, that reminds me of something... (goes off to re-pm)...

Seems to me like your itching to make something...

Also, figured I would mention - seeing as you seem to have forgot about them...

Hyde has made me some awesome artwork in the past, and when I say awesome, I mean it!!

Heres da proof!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yea, everything above (except ship images and fonts) was Hyde's handywork. This includes parallax's, particles, logos etc..

Pretty sure you can see that "dude haz skillz yo!"
    ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    hyde9318 likes this.
  10. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You're too kind. :)

11. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Logo-

Title - Utopia

Color Scheme/Theme - A Golden gradient for the lettering, maybe a planet tinged with blue and violet within the O. If it's possible to have the lettering underlined in some way.

I'm hoping to use the logo for a title screen, but the screen doesn't require a background, as I'm going for a custom title screen that'll use a map as the background.

Thanks in advance!

12. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Couple extra questions before I go too far. First, what kind of game? Is it fantasy, medieval, horror, modern...

Then, do you prefer soft colors with a soft outline or harder, more contrasting colors with a hard outline?

I can do a couple test runs to see what you like, but I was just curious.

13. DragonVine

First Language:
    English
    It's a mix of fantasy and medieval. I wouldn't call it a dark game, but it's definitely not lighthearted either, if that helps too.

A couple of test runs would actually be awesome. I imagine a hard outline with contrasting colours is what I'd be looking for, but I'm definitely open to some other options. Both ideas intrigue me.

hyde9318 likes this.
  14. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I kind of went with a bit lighter outline to further go with texture on the hard contrasting one, more to look like gold than anything. But I brought the soft outline to the softer toned gradient one out a bit more to set it apart. Let me know what you think of these. Again, just test runs to see what style you are looking for and what fits your game better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that I see it on a white background, I wasn't fond of the bronzed shadow. Maybe this will be more pleasing... IDK, whatever one you like better. It was just my personal preference.

[​IMG]

15. DragonVine

First Language:
    English
    Holy cow, those are both fantastic. I'm kinda blown away haha. The first one, I think, is more of what I'm looking for. I love the look of the planet in both of them.

EDIT:

I like the bronze one, due to it kinda making the letters pop out a bit. When I place it in game, it won't be on a white background, so I think that should be okay.

16. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, okay. That makes sense then. Cool. 

Well, glad you like them. Anything you want changed or added? Or should we call Case Closed?

17. DragonVine

First Language:
    English
    I think so. I can experiment with the three you've provided to see what works best. They all look fantastic. Thank you so much!

Is there any particular way you'd like me to credit you in the game (that is, if it ever sees the light of day haha)?

18. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, if you test them and find something you need changed or need anything else, you know where to come. I'm always here and ready to help!  :D

Alright everyone, first request of the new Bunker has been finished and seems like we have our first happy customer. Thank you DragonVine for the chance to work on your logo, it was fun, as always. For everyone else, if you want to make a request, do not be shy, I dont bite.  :p

Tornado Samurai and DragonVine like this.
  19. DragonVine

First Language:
    English
    Thank you again! I forgot to ask though, what are your terms of use?

20. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, well, didn't really remember to put those up there, did I? Sorry.

Real simple really. I don't charge, logos are free to use freely as you want. I do ask for a credit in the credit list possibly, but I am not going to go hunting down games and ask them to be removed because I wasn't credited, lol. Really, any credit is completely up to you, I just ask that anyone who makes a request doesn't go around Facebook and Deviantart going "Hey, look at this logo I just made from scratch, completely without Hyde's help". Lol

Also, in terms of commercial and non, I again don't require much. I don't require a fee either way, but I do ask that someone requesting for a commercial game possibly make a donation at some point. It isn't required at all, and I'm probably never planning on doing a follow up on it, it is more just a passing suggestion. I do what I do mainly for fun and practice, as well as trying to help other people with issues that they want help with, but I also tend to spend money on plenty of different things for the community as well as college courses, so I never turn down someone wanting to help me out as well, lol. But that is a topic not really meant to be discussed here, so I digress. 

TL:DR - All free, use as you want, give credit if you wish

Tornado Samurai likes this.