Ghost Kid/Creepy nun sprites?

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I'm making a horror game set in an abandoned catholic orphanage and I need some sprites for the enemies. I'm mostly looking for ghost kids and creepy nuns, or something like that. Does anybody know where can I find that kind of resource? My game doesn't involve actual combat (it's more of a puzzle/stealth game), so I don't need battlers. Thanks in advance

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using MV? And if so, are you using the default style? Also, what kind of idea do you have about what you want? Would a creepy nun be like the nuns in the default without eyes, or similar, or something more complicated?

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using MV with the default style (just editing the characters to make them taller). I was thinking about ghostly-looking nuns with red eyes, white faces, blood-splattered habits... something like that.

The nuns in the default are ok but I like the ones made by slimmmeiske2, I think the habits are better-looking..

As for the ghost kids, anything that make them look, well, dead. I'm thinking of taking a default kid and darken the sprite, colouring the face in white and the eyes in black, so if there are no ghost kids available yet I'll try to do that myself.

Last edited:

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a creepy kid that glides, you can achieve the same thing with eventing though, although they could have hair that sways back and forth while they glide. I suggest yanfly's event placing plugin.

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are some old sprites of mine, feel free to use them.
They look great,thanks! Not exactly what I was looking for, but some of those may actually fit in my game.

I have a creepy kid that glides, you can achieve the same thing with eventing though, although they could have hair that sways back and forth while they glide. I suggest yanfly's event placing plugin.
I've decided to make the ghost kids myself by editing sprites, but thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Chocopyro

Just an intermediate leveled adventurer.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What kind creepy are we talking? Do we need over the top monsterous nuns with sharp nashing teeth? Or perhaps more subtlely creepy ones that could pass for normal, if not for the uncanny valley?

As for the ghost kid, I just made one in the editor. Could perhaps make it transparent and give it a subtle aura, too. But before I show you the progress so far, is it alright if they have sort of a victorian vibe? And do you require face sets or SV sheets?

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What kind creepy are we talking? Do we need over the top monsterous nuns with sharp nashing teeth? Or perhaps more subtlely creepy ones that could pass for normal, if not for the uncanny valley?

As for the ghost kid, I just made one in the editor. Could perhaps make it transparent and give it a subtle aura, too. But before I show you the progress so far, is it alright if they have sort of a victorian vibe? And do you require face sets or SV sheets?
I was looking for a more subtle and darker tone. I tried to make some nuns by editing existing sprites, darkening the shapes and colouring the faces in black and the eyes in red. I'm not a skilled graphic designer, so that's as far as I can go. One important thing is that they have to be taller than the main character (and I made him twice the size of the default characters). But to be more specific, things like red eyes, ragged habits or unnatural skin colors would be great.

The victorian vibe sounds cool but wouldn't fit in my game. The ghost kids are supposed to look modern. No need to make them bigger in this case.

I only need the carachters for the map, no face sets or battlers. Also, I just thought to make them move like they're floating, so no need for a walking animation.

Thanks!

Chocopyro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured it was modern. Just wanted to ask before hunting for resources. I'm not the best pixel artist myself, but I am practicing on edits, and can create some basic effects. So these kids went to the school in the past and met an unfortunate end there. Does the school have a specific uniform? If not, I was thinking of using a resized edit of the Kadokawa school uniform found here. Perhaps tinkering with the colors a bit to give them plaid pants/skirts. Unless you'd think an adult template works better, as these kids will be a little older than your main character.

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those uniforms look great, the main character is an adult, so a kid template works fine.

Chocopyro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool. I'll see what I can do! I will be using those gen parts, and probably some of the 2018 restaf halloween release stuff. (Linking that there in case you need something from it, as it might be useful to your game.)

Also, reguarding the nuns, are we aiming for a demonic vibe, or are they also undead? Or perhaps something even weirder, like a slight lovecrafting vibe, or unseelie fairies? (I get too many ideas when working with horror, so it's important to stay consistent with a general theme.)

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The nuns are supposed to be ghosts too, but more intimidating than the kids. If you wanna get creative you could add some body horror elements, since the story includes themes such as penitence or self-flagellation (I'm trying to make it twisted without being edgy).

Chocopyro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, good. Twisted without being edgy is kinda my thing. I always end up with creepy and dark stuff in my games even when I'm aiming for a happy go lucky vibe.

While body horror isn't really my thing, I will certainly experiment within those themes. (Researching medieval history gives one a lot of ideas.) Don't expect anything too crazy of course. Cause like I said, I'm still learning.

Anyways, here's the uniforms out of the editor, and along with them, a slight edit to add a greenish aura with some transparency, and white eyes. They'll be easy to recolor that way. (Also forgot to add the blood to the editor, so I did it in photoshop.) I know you said you didn't need walking animations, but figured I might as well.

Credit Hiddenone and Whtdragon for the blood and the front hair, and Kadokawa for the uniform, as well as レティラナティス (Retiranatis) for the resizing of the uniform, though the terms listed state that it's not required to do so.

(The terms on the Japanese site specify that you need to own RPG MV to use them, and that you can use them commercially, so long as you aren't selling the resources themselves, you are allowed to modify them, use them in adult games, and that credit is not required. If I'm missing anything, someone please say something.)

Likewise, I also do not require credit if you choose to use these.
$ghost boy.png$GhostTransparent Boy.png
$ghost girl.png$GhostTransparent Girl.png

Let me know if you need me to swap any colors or anything. I'll get started on more after a quick brake.

Last edited:

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They look really cool! I specially like the transparent ones, those eyes really creep me out. Thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?
Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dertasa12