FREE Ghost-Mates [MV] (Artists and a Composer needed)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by NickPat91, Feb 6, 2019.

1. NickPat91

NickPat91 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ghost-Mates, the game that I'm trying to pull a team for, is based on a book that I'm currently working on right now.

Engine: RPG Maker MV

Synopsis: It is a sad day for our hero, Kevin Winthrop - his grandmother recently passed away. During the reading of her will, Kevin inherits her manor in the town of Maelview and must stay there for an entire school year to keep it. Rumors say the place is haunted, and most people stayed away from there. When he gets there, he ends up proving the rumors by meeting the manor's ghostly inhabitants and must stop a mythological threat from turning the inhabitants of Winthrop Manor, including himself and his grandmother's ghost, stone cold.
    To accomplish this feat, Kevin's grandmother explains how to stop her. You - in the role of Kevin - must acquire talismans by traveling through each of the ghostly inhabitants' spectral worlds. You acquire them by help each ghost with their unfinished business. You must then perform a ritual which will reseal the villainess back into her stony prison.

Game Mechanics:
    • Battles: Due to the fact this game is mostly about puzzle-solving, the battle system will be barely used. All of them will be in front-view mode since the only fighter will be our main character, Kevin Sinclair.
    • Item Collecting: Throughout the game, you'll need to collect certain objects to progress the story, such as a ghost's key to gain access to their spectral world.
    • Puzzle-Solving: Most of the game involves solving problems by collecting certain things and/or playing mini-games.

Main Characters:
    • Kevin Winthrop - A 15-year-old student in high school and the main character. He inherits his grandmother's manor, which is where the game's ghostly adventure occurs. He has short, brown hair with silver tips in them; yellowish eyes which has a Harvest Moon-like glow; and a somewhat intimidating air to him. He mostly wears a red hoodie, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.
    • Kevin's Caretakers - 10 ghosts inhabiting Winthrop Manor. They swore to care for Laura's grandson, Kevin Winthrop, if he helps them with their unfinished business. They consist of a, actress, an amateur astronomer, a ballerina, a botanist, a chef, a doctor, an electrician, an exterminator, a famous pianist's daughter, and a toilet-living squid (don't ask why).
    • Medusa - The villainess of the story. After an incident frees her from inside a bust of her head, she seeks vengeance against the person who sealed her away - Kevin's grandmother. She resembles a youngest woman with snakes for hair, the lower half of a serpent, and yellowish eyes. She mostly wears a gold-tipped toga draped over her shapely body.

My Role:
    • Game Designer
    • Mapping
    • Plot/Dialogue Writer

Available Roles:
    • Artists - I'm looking for a battler artist, a faceset artist, a sprite artist, a tileset artist, and a title-screen artist; and each of these artist positions have varied levels of work. The battler artist will only need to draw 8 Battler sprites for frontal battles. The faceset artist only needs to draw 23 facesets. The sprite artist will have to draw 20+ sprites, and I'll only need the walking animation ones (no SV sprite needed). Depending on the default assets and what locations will be in the game, the tileset artist will either have a lot or a small amount of tiles to make. For the title screen, it should have a manor with the game's 12 main characters and the villainess standing/floating in front of it (For more information related to what I'll need, just ask and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.)
    • Composer - (The position is filled.)

If anyone has any questions related to this game, feel free to ask.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. Bollmoth

Bollmoth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I write spooky things all the time! I usually compose punk/metal symphonic tracks but I also make 8 bit songs alot too. are you interested?

3. NickPat91

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was just wanted to make sure of something. When you say you wanna help with the music, is it going to be a commission-based help?

4. Bollmoth

Bollmoth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will do it for free.... within reason (no more than 20-30 songs) if the project is good and I like it I will compose more

5. NickPat91

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From the game I plan to make, I would likely need 17 songs that can be looped and sound natural. Is that number within reason? Also, is there a way to listen to the songs you've made so far?

6. Bollmoth

Bollmoth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    they are on my computer, is there an easier way we can communicate?

7. NickPat91

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you have a Discord, I could friend you.

8. Bollmoth

Bollmoth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    bvulgar#3594 is my name on discord