Giant animated monsters

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Benny Jackdaw, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Benny Jackdaw

Benny Jackdaw Ratty! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I have been trying to come up with a project I can stick with involving RPG making. Big RPGs, smaller RPG, tiny RPG, yet every time I feel like I run into the problem of over-complicating things.

I think I got one I can stick with this time. No RPG, just one single giant monster, but fully animated with something for every occasion. An intro, attacks, getting hit, a reaction to taking down a player, and a defeat animation just to name a few things. The problem is...

I hear there is a plugin for animated Battlers, but from what I can tell, it only uses small sprites and in limited animation. I want to make a giant monster with moving parts. I've heard of dragon bones, but from what I can tell, it's a little more complicated than what I am going for. I kind of want to be able to use battle animations for the monster, and I'm not sure if there is a plugin like that.

2. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Breath Of Fire 2 had limited animation and it looked pretty swanky. Anyway, bone animations are really the way to go if you want to save time and space. I don't know the UI of Dragonbones, but there is a Spriter plugin in the works I believe. The biggest difference is that Spriter isn't freeware.