8bitBartabas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there currently anyway to gift a product to someone, if we are not using them and have no plan to in the future?

I have noticed I have a lot of excess stuff sitting on my hard drive that others may be able to use. If I could gift gift some to a friend and relinquish my rights to use them that would be great, but I'm unsure about legality of it all and don't want to potentially cause a problem for anyone.

Also if this is in the wrong area forgive me, I'm trying to figure the forums out.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - downloaded files are not the same as the licence for using them, and that cannot be transferred by copying the downloaded files - in fact copying those files would be software piracy and break the licence.

This is different to an activation code for a product (usually steam codes) - those can be transferred unless you've used them for yourself.

8bitBartabas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought as much, but was hoping that wasn't the case haha.

Thank you for responding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Twitter is making me embarrassed to be a Persona 5 fan rn
I don't wanna be called out when I say P5R is my favorite game :kaoswt2:
And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ba_hq