gimmer_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Download Gimmer_CommentsAreNotFunny on itch!

Sometimes when playtesting your game, it'd be good run a scene without a certain chunk of eventing code running so that you can speed up testing towards a specific point...

Or... Maybe you want to try a different approach, but you don't want to delete your previous eventing code, because either it may be useful later, or it may turn out to have been the better option after all!

Like any coding language allows you to... This plugin will give you the ability to 'comment' out blocks of eventing code. All you have to do is put a comment in the event with the body of /* at the top of the code, and an event comment with the body of */ at the end of the part you want to skip. The event will run as normal, but nothing between those two blocks will be executed. Simply disable the plugin when you build the game, and those comments will harmlessly do nothing.

Reminder: Gimmer_Core.js is required for this plugin to function. You can download that here.

Note: I like to give my plugins funny names, but I couldn't think of one for this one, hence the title

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been waiting for this plugin for many years.
Superlative thanks!

Godarkhaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been thinking that this feature should be a default feature in the engine, surprised it took so long for someone to make a plugin for it lol. Thanks!

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have made a tutorial video in Japanese.
Thank you for the useful plug-ins.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder... If I develop my own game hacks, does it count as beating the game my own way?
First 12 minutes of gameplay.

bio-Synthetica's Database plugin is complete. Players will be able to find and unlock various tutorials and lore as they reach certain points. There are 5 categories of files you can unlock: Audio Clips, Data Files, Bestiary, Earth History, and Tutorials.

1653160049600.png

Thank you Dsiver for this amazing plugin! :kaothx:
My favorite kind of progress? Reverse progress! First, change some small feature of your game. Second, go back through and change 6,000 tiny things related to that minor alteration just to get your game playable again. What fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CardFighter_Key