Give me an example of a good, simple stat and damage formula

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by Brandon Thomason, Mar 22, 2019.

1. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No offense is taken. It just such a habit may lead to the topic reply being derailed. Whatever you make a comment, make sure it always also answer the original question served in the thread.

2. mathmaster74

mathmaster74 just...John Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like to create actor only skills and separate enemy only skills that "mirror" them to make "ninja monkeys". :biggrin: Example: If I go with the standard a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 for the party, then I will use b.atk * 4 - a.def * 2 for the enemies. Now everybody is on equal footing damage-wise, so the advantage goes to: most HP and superior tactics (healing, buff/debuff strategy, absorption, taunt, etc.) Superior tactics should go to the party unless it's one wicked AI or the party is surprised, and superior tactics can even overcome an HP deficit, so...yeah...that's my mojo. Of course, you always have to test out your system in practice and gauge appropriate drops and such, but...that's just dilligent game design.

M.I.A. likes this.