kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a few items that let the user cast a spell, accessories and weapons. To make it possible for the non-casters to user the spells, it adds Magic to the list of skill types. But when I put it on someone who already has Magic, they now have two, or more if wearing multiple items. I remember doing this in older RMs, is this a bug in MV? Is there a workaround?

Thank you ahead of time.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The skill type name can be anything, so when a character can cast two different skill types with the same name, this occurs. My workaround would be to try changing it for Artifact, Scroll or any other name.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you only have Magic set up once under Skill Types in the Types tab?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Right now it's Special and Magic. Special has physical skills, Magic has spells. But only one character is naturally a mage. I'd like it so Magic only shows up once, and only if the character has spells. If I can't do that, then I'll just give everyone the Magic skill type with no spells.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then one of your plugins broke the engine behaviour.

By default, a skill type is only displayed once, no matter how often is added or from where - the only way to get two times "magic" on the default command menu is to have two skill types "Magic" set in the skill type list.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's strange, the only plugin I was using is WeaponSkill that comes with MV. Just to make sure, I went and turned it off and it still happened.

pinka

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
Keeps happening to me as well. Every time a weapon or armor adds a skill type an actor already has, it doubles, triples, whatever.
I don't have script installed and also tried reinstalling the whole program. Always the same problem.

Okay, I found out that having more than 2 skill types cause the issue. Weird tho.

Last edited:

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Moogle_X already put a plugin that resolve this bug many many times ago in the plugin list you can find easily

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!
How has this place been dead quiet since after I posted about Deltarune? That's the only post that people are reacting to now... will you please read my other statuses?
Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antodi