Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there @EuphemiaArtoria, a huge thanks for taking a look at my game. :smile: Sorry I didn't reply right away, with this lock down my house has been surprisingly busy with family. It has made it pretty difficult to focus on getting things done, I would have thought with all this time it would have been easier.

With the videos I just happened to have a youtuber want to do a play through so I jumped on board. There is a Drifty first impression in there as well but it's kind of old now, the game has changed a lot since then. I haven't ever made a video myself but that may be something I can look into. It would definitely be great to have more of an intro video for Gladatora.

I am not sure but it sounds like you may be saying that the videos are to high up on the page, being the first thing you really see. If that's the case I hadn't thought about that, maybe I should move the videos lower down.

No need to be sorry for anything, I am stoked you played any part of my game and I am really happy you seemed to enjoy what you saw. As for the movement on the opening options menu it is done by movement events that take over when you press the different directions.

A big thanks for pointing out that screen moving thing, that never dawned on me. I love having new people play the game as they always see things I miss. And with the moving the cursor down from like the normal and hard positions that's a great idea, I will definitely get those things fixed up for the upcoming update.

You have my thanks for checking out my game, I love that you replied on it even though you hadn't finished it, don't worry about that at all. Any feedback is good feedback. If you do check out my game any more, know that I am honored.:smile: Thanks again.

Edit:
I just made those changes to the opening menu and wow does it feel better, those two changes really made a big difference. :smile:

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but it seems the task guy breaks if you attempt to send the dog on an errand. He told me the dog cannot go on errands, but now he will not talk to me at all.

Up to this point, I've been having fun playing the game. Good job on what I've seen so far.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but it seems the task guy breaks if you attempt to send the dog on an errand. He told me the dog cannot go on errands, but now he will not talk to me at all.

Up to this point, I've been having fun playing the game. Good job on what I've seen so far.
Hey there and a big thank you for playing my game and letting me know about that bug. :smile: That part with the errands used to work so I broke something at some point since. I really appreciate the heads up and hope if you keep playing it goes smoother for ya.:smile:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
icon.png
Hey there gang I wanted to give a quick dev update. I believe my next update should be out in around a week. I am pretty excited about this update even though content wise it will be a little different.

I have been getting a lot of time to work on graphics so the majority of the new content will be there. I have currently made over 250ish, at last count, new icons and side view battler weapons. These new graphics replace old ones and, in some cases, are for entirely new content. I have been trying to eradicate as many stock and common resources as I can. I'm fairly new at pixel art but for the most part I am pretty happy with all of the new graphics I am creating.

I have added tier 8 weapons and armor. They are in Roman auxiliary theme and there have been a couple new crafting items added to make for easier crafting progression at higher tiers. The recipe count is now up to a ridiculous 421 recipes with, who knows how many more, to come.

There will also be a new set of ally tasks coming with the update. I am really enjoying these specialized tasks they offer a nice break from the basic structure of the and game greatly help to develop the relationships between your recruits.

There will also be some nice bug fixes coming to help improve the players overall experience as well as some much needed gear stat rebalancing for a more normalized tier progression.

The road to Rome is extending as a bit of new area will be opened up to the south. There wont be many new areas this time but there will be some.

Well that's most of the major points, hopefully the release goes off without a hitch. :smile: I have also been talking with Hypnojo, he has been doing much less on youtube lately as he needs to work his real job so much but he has expressed interest in continuing to do Gladatora videos in some capacity. His first idea is to do an update highlight video so we might be seeing a video on those things within the next week, as he has requested an early version of the update to put it together.

Well all thanks for dropping in if ya did, I hope everyone stays well in these crazy times. Take care and happy gaming.:smile:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A new video was just released from Hypnojo Gaming in which he highlights some of the upcoming updates to Gladatora. If you check it out I thank you and if you can subscribe to Hypnojo on youtube I am sure he would be excited. :smile: Stay healthy all.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of my favorite aspects of this project is its unapologetic identity, and this update seems to bring even more of that to the table. The new pixel art looks great; it's incredible you taught yourself just like that.

As an aside, and inspired by your wording in the above post,

Gladatora
Road to Rome

would make an amazing subtitle for this game!
Keep up the good work!

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of my favorite aspects of this project is its unapologetic identity, and this update seems to bring even more of that to the table. The new pixel art looks great; it's incredible you taught yourself just like that.

As an aside, and inspired by your wording in the above post,

Gladatora
Road to Rome

would make an amazing subtitle for this game!
Keep up the good work!
Wow a giant thanks Biest :smile: I am a huge fan of your work so that really means a lot to me. I have been getting addicted to graphics, for a long time I was intimidated by trying to create my own graphics but now the more I do it the more I enjoy it. That video only gave a little taste of the amount of new graphics in the game and since it came out I have done quite a but more.

And Road to Rome, huh... I love it! I think that would fit perfect as a subtitle. Another huge thank you for pointing that out. It reminds me of that old saying all roads lead to Rome but sort of implies that this is the players own journey to Rome. My Beta state is quickly approaching and when it reaches that state I will definitely add the subtitle.

You're amazing @Biestmann take care and stay healthy.:smile:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Gang the new 1.9.6 version is out and it has some really nice additions. Most noticeably there are almost 500 brand new icons and weapons I created since the last update. There is also some really nice new music and a new default window skin among other things.​

I'll post the patch notes below and stay healthy everyone. :smile:

Update.png

Version 1.9.6 Alpha, 4-22-20 Update:

Maps.png
  • 3 New Maps.
  • You can now talk to Handyman Bravus to have him upgrade the Archery Range and Ludus Library before obtaining the lead NPC's for the areas.
  • Removed scrolling on the opening menu and improved mobility.
  • Fixed an issue with resetting in the opening menu.
  • On map enemies now give a better warning when agroed.
  • Fixed a few unintended passable tiles.
  • Made further improvements to shadows.

Graphics.png

• Over 475 Brand new Icons and in battle weapons.
  • Added a slight stretch to sprites. You can now see their bodies.
  • Softened Torch glow and adjusted some other lighting.
  • Large Reinforced copper Hasta now has its own image.
  • Two handers are once again visible in battle.
  • There is now a different icon for each type of arrow when attacking.
  • 5 amazing new window skins replaced 5 old ones.
  • Standard gear no longer looks damaged.

Items Gear.png

• New Tier 8 Weapons and armor. All in the Roman Auxiliary theme.
  • 4 New Items.
  • 17 New Weapons.
  • 26 New Armor pieces.
  • 37 New Recipes.
  • Normalized the balance on some gear that needed it.
  • Fixed some incorrect icons in the crafting windows.
  • Lowered Crafting cost of some over priced gear.
  • Corrected Aug slots on the Lionhelm and Fabled Lionhelm.
  • Renamed some knives that were misnamed.
  • Renamed Lyres to Lutes.
  • Added a new Ultra Rare to named Direwolves.

Tasks.png

• 1 New Ally Task between Nixus and Modius.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Tomes from spawning.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Errands to lock up if attempted with an animal.

Misc.png

• New Music added, replaced some old music.
  • Made improvements to how music is handled.
  • Some new sound effects.
  • Fixed some grammar issues.
  • Dimachaeri no longer attack 4 times.
  • Lower Ludus Addition renamed to Ludus Annex.
  • Added Bonus DP, Tomes Available and Explorer Points to the Path Tab.
  • Explorer Level 11 now unlocks Ludus Bard and Alternate Ludus BGM.
  • Added Block chance to shield info.
  • Fixed an issue with how nets reward the player.
  • Text from looting apples now appears on the bottom window.
  • Added more to the Detlus event.
  • Fixed an oversight with stealing.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang. I have been hard at work on the new update when a surprise showed up in my messages today. The great @MMMm had spoken to a very talented artist named GabrielSimoes
@Deviant Art Link and had a wonderful new piece of fan art produced! :smile: It is massively humbling to me to have someone do that for my game so I really wanted to put it up here for all to see.

I am very, very thankful to @MMMm and GabrielSimoes for doing this and I hope you all like the new art. As for me, I LOVE it. Take care all and stay healthy.

Gladiator-Finished (1).png

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The amazing artist GabrielSimoes has created a new HD version of his Triggand art! This looks simply amazing and I wanted to show it to everyone. Please show this amazing artist some love and admire his work @Deviant Art Link. I am blown away how great the HD version looks and I hope you all like it as well.

Triggand-2 (1).jpg

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's so cool! Nothing beats receiving fanart of your own game. We're getting closer to that live action version of Gladatora!

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's so cool! Nothing beats receiving fanart of your own game. We're getting closer to that live action version of Gladatora!
LOL live action Gladatora! No thought like that ever entered my head but now you got me imagining it. But, I guess back to reality.:smile: It really blows me away that anyone would do this for something I'm making. I am truly honored.:smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tauron7