Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there ok that shop bug isn't as bad as I thought happy to hear that.:smile: Hope you have a better playthrough this time. As for the invisible bug that you got, that happened to me one time for no reason but never again. It's something random after it happened to me I even doubled the player invis off and put a wait on it. No idea what causes that but I am thinking some sort of starting lag as that's when the auto run happens with all the parameter setting. Well bud it's late here I'm off to bed let me know if that bug persists. Have a good one.:smile:

Edit:
The Dominus is beatable but that just prolongs things Doctori isn't.

oh, and If you want to look.
The Gladatora Popina

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That bug persists for me somehow...
And I wonder, do I lose reputation if I go to the marshes overnight or through the graveyard? Because I've had a calm recruiting time, when suddenly after I returned to the arena I had guards there killing me. So I went to save to New game + and then while trying to load I saw Ludus reputation -271. The only thing I ever did to reduce the reputation was talk to these egotistical "lords" inside East gladiatori though.

Don't worry, I found Poryg well, even though it was a random encounter. I was quite surprised you even worked on the faceset :)
I have to say, this Poryg there is much more confident than I am, just like in my dreams :D Although this looks too much like a caricature :) Real Poryg likes girls, but not in this sense. He is not a pursuer of ladies, but pursuer of cuteness. He doesn't call ladies ladies, but girls, his favorites are "his little girls", "little kittens" or "puppies", because these are the cutest animals of them all :) Although I agree on the evil thoughts of making them drunk, hihi 3:)
And he doesn't stand behind them... He stands beside them. Watching their face, their eyes, their body, admiring the art. He doesn't feel ashamed for it. But he's not that perverted :D
Although truth is, he watches girls so much it makes them very uneasy at times :)

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on it atm will have a new version up shortly. From what your describing its all things the opening auto run should take care of I wonder if I have to much in the event. Oh and yeah I come out invis to.:smile:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, luckily we can always play with mouse, which renders visibility... Not 100% important to play the game :)

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok the new version is up, I'm sorry about that I play tested the last version but made a couple small changes without restarting. I messed up there. The issue seems to be that the auto run was to congested, I broke it up and now its all working right, this should ease the strain on the opening a little to. Well I'm embarrassed, didn't want to put out a version that had to be fixed right away but so much for that.:smile: Thanks for getting back to me so quick on that so I could get it fixed before anyone else sees it.:smile:

Edit:

I just saw your edit about Poryg:smile:, Thanks for straightening me out there I'll make the proper adjustments to his scripts. I wasn't to sure which route to take. Not sure if you noticed but you have to have at least 2 females in your battle group to recruit him.:smile:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured there were a couple of changes after I saw Galv's battle info window :)
Also, sorry for always editing the final post four times, but that's the limitation of this forum in terms of double posts :'(

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah The battle info window seemed to be helpful to the game but the background that came with it didn't like the turn display window.:smile: I had to make a custom window that fit in the area available. No worries at all about editing your posts, I always see it. Also not sure if you saw it yet but Teachings has been moved to the Special tab in the main menu. There's a ton more info there now but there will be more to come, like states and Elements hasn't made it in yet.

Edit :

Also I haven't found a good way to cap regen yet due to the way it's trained so for now I just raised the cost a little, but it's something I'll get figured out.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Under normal condition I would use standard game variables.
Example:
Let's say you have 25 actors, so you reserve like variables 501-525 for capping regen. Then through javascript you can do something like this.
Increase variable (party member's actor ID+500) by 1.
If that actor doesn't have bonus in regen:
---If the variable is under 20:
------increase regen rate by 1
---else if the variable is equal to 20:
---Else: Actor's regen rate cannot go any higher.
Else:
---if the variable is under 25:
---else if the variable is equal to 25:
---Else: Actor's regen rate cannot go any higher.
There's one bad thing about it...
You would have had a gigantic if else spider, because that's the only way RPG maker would allow you to show unique message for each actor, so it's a very uncomfortable code to read later on.
You can decrease the amount of coding done with a message "First party member has reached the cap" or something like that though.

I wonder btw., is it now implemented that I'm gradually losing reputation? :D Because I noticed that my reputation dropped by 6 (which could explain why I suddenly had -271 reputation during my first playthrough of the new version - reputation losing triggered again and again. But I don't know how to reproduce it).
Other than that, I'm finally playing it as I should play it. Levelling up all (created four squads - Bandit's squad, Hero's squad, Old man's squad and Poryg's squad). And in accordance with this I have to say that the healer's 40 denari is a very cheap price for healing all members, especially if I have 4 full platoons of units :) You were right though. The arena is indeed for advanced characters. I won't be trying the special battles until my characters develop properly :)

Edit: Ludus reputation is suddenly at -277... -6 per some sort of I don't know what.
What does actually drop the ludus reputation? Quests I have accepted? :D
I really don't know what is it that drops my rep this low, I only know it drops it by multiplications of 6. However, these reputation drops are making the game unplayable. It's quite funny though that in another save my reputation is -177, but I still have the reputation quest unfailed :) (but when you accept it with already negative reputation, it gets failed immediately).

Also, I've noticed that the bees in outer Gladiatora have turned into Porygs. They also damage only when you step on them, not when they step on you.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, I added a Rep drain of 6 a day on hard mode so you had to keep up on it but it shouldn't be draining that fast just once a day. I don't know what would be dropping it so low but I'll take a look and get if figured out. It sounds like your character has taken over my game.:smile: I know whats happening there I'll get that all fixed up, the bees collision to. Also about your character, I meant to ask this yesterday but with your face icon I used, is it ok to keep it in game or would you like me to make my own? It was a little easter egg for you but I wanted to make sure you were ok with me using it.

Also thanks for the regen cap info there, that's sort of what I was thinking but I wasn't sure what script would be needed yet since 4 people get trained at once. It sounds like I need to track down this ludus rep bug fast and get it updated though or people are gonna have a bad time playing my game.=)

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I hated the fact you used my avatar, I would have said it. I was surprised that you implemented the faceset, you even made edits to it and you made a caricature of me and made me a provocateur (which I fully agree with, I like teasing people), but I didn't hate any of these, in fact it was pretty funny :) And I approve of it with no issues. In one of the posts above I only clarified how real Poryg acts in case you wanted to tweak the in game Poryg's personality, but I'll leave that to you :)

I'm not sure if anyone besides me would play this game on hard difficulty. Not that many people are that crazy :D

As for feedback on other parts of the game...
From what I have seen, it's been awesome. I checked the game for basic info and it was comprehensive and made the game even more interesting, especially the fame telling me I have something to look forward to with 500+ fame. I was able to visit locations I had never previously visited and before the bug jumped to me for the third time, I was able to recruit 18 people, all with different characteristics and unique abilities. I'm not sure how am I gonna train all these people, since the xp gain is quite low from lv 9 onwards. But I'll worry about that later.
The time it takes to change screens has also shortened, which is also good :)
I like the fact that my reputation will now suffer on hard difficulty, although I'm not sure if -6 per day is enough, maybe -12 would be better. Because as it is, all it takes to recover from that is just one party battle or one on one in the arena (although I have noticed the arena troops have gotten a bit tougher) and you can't afford to slack off in the arena! :D
Which reminds me though, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to display the ludus reputation as a menu variable. It would be more accessible than having to save and then look at the last save :)

I'm quite surprised myself that even till now I haven't really said anything about the graphics and the music of the game, but I think the graphics are quite fitting... And the music is pretty well chosen. It's not intrusive and doesn't get annoying even after all this time :)

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is so great to hear all of that thanks much.:smile: And I plan on getting your dialog dialed. Also thanks for letting me use your avatar. Ludus rep is drained 2 a day on easy 4 on normal and 6 on hard. I didn't think that was enough but my brother thought it was to much so I said I'd try it out. I'm with you though it needs to be higher. Also if you read my update notes I called it Fame Drain, there is no Fame Drain It's rep drain, I fixed that.

I am however, having a rough time trying to figure out what could be dropping Rep so low so fast, but I'll find it. I fixed you taking over the bees. When I saved your walk image I thought I chose a blank spot because those bees are pretty much invisible from the character creation window.:smile: Do you think I should up the Exp gain some? I originally wanted it to be slow to level so I set it to the lowest possible exp gain, if it is to much of a hindrance I should probably make some adjustments.

The Ludus Rep is displayed in the info screen under Important Info, but I'll also add it to the little screen on the menu that shows DP, an alt currencies. Well back to bug hunting, I need to figure that big rep loss out quick.:smile:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have read the update notes, but when I did, it had been shortly after I woke up, so I didn't notice that. I was still slumbering :)

I'm not sure how the rep drain event looks like, so I can't help there. However, I've noticed that you don't use any time plugins, do you use a parallel process event that counts out time? If yes, you can throw the rep drain at the end of the day there inside the part where you transfer to the next day. Maybe it would help :)

As for the exp... Actually, I will leave the exp for later thought, because now I realized that I completely forgot about arena and actually, full party arena battles are a great source of exp.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do use the standard Parallel process for time. I set the drain in that process like you said. I've been testing but I can't get any abnormal drain yet. Adding the Rep to the main menu has been pretty helpful though, I definitely like it there. I am currently going through every event that affects rep looking for the culprit but no luck yet.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe placing it inside the clock event fixed it :D

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's where it's been:smile: I'm going to try letting the game run for a bit and see any thing odd happens with the rep but so far I still can't reproduce the bug for some reason.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see... It's weird :) Maybe it's a bug completely on my side. Messing up completely due to either a transition or talking to someone or whatever... I can't find steps to reproduce it either. If you wish though, I can try to watch it in a new version to see if I encounter it again.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found it and it's squashed an update will be out shortly.:smile:

Edit:

The new version is up sorry about all that, but thanks for sticking with it.:smile: This should fix all the big issues. Thanks for finding the bug though that was a bad one. If this does turn out to be stable the next update should be a bigger more involved one.

Edit 2:

Due to the way special training is done, where the 4 battle members get trained I'm wondering if it might be better to make, at least regen training, only available to one person at a time. That would definitely make it easier to create the cap. I was wanting to get your thoughts on this Poryg, let me know what you think, if ya wouldn't mind.:smile:

Last edited:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't really find that bug this time, this time I encountered the bug :D
If you're going to make special training available for 1 person at a time, I'm not against it. This way the player can also play more with the strategy by rushing one member of the party on the regen and using him to tank damage for example, which doesn't hurt at all. However, for consistency reasons it would require that the rest of the trainings would be reduced to one member at a time. I like this, since it gives more freedom to the player, it just depends if you want to program it that way :)

Screenshot_86.png
Now the wasps are paying me back :D

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It will be a ton of variables but it will probably be worth it. Final game I see as having come to 200 recruitable actors but if I start the webs now they wont be as bad to keep up on. I think I will make it set up that way though. I wish I had encountered the bug sooner it was hiding from me.:smile:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome :) I've encountered another bug, added a spoiler to my previous post :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fylith