Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey sorry I missed the post about you losing so much progress, but Im really glad to see you back up and running. I understand the frustration of having massive set backs, it stinks so much, but good job getting things back on track and hope things go smoothly for you.
Big thanks to you Alexander.:smile: It was pretty unfortunate but I am finally past the point I was at when the crash occurred. It feels good to be making progression again rather than redoing so much work I had already done. Btw I am a big fan of Dawn of Orion.:smile: I know you have had some rough set backs as well but have pushed through and have an amazing game on your hands. That's one of the games I keep a close eye on.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang, I just finished up the last bits of the new version of Gladatora and I'm releasing it today. I'll post the update log below. There a lot of new things and fixes, the 3rd wave of Lower Flatts content has also been added. I didn't break all of those additions down as there were too many and I think it would be more fun for the player to find them without being told.:smile: Thanks for taking a look and please let me know if you find any issues.

Version 1.8.8 Alpha, 5-12-18 Update:

• 3rd wave of Lower Flatts content added.
  • New Recruit, named Forty, with some very special traits.
  • New Special style used only be the new recruit.
  • New Map.
  • Added new Maid positions to fill in the Ludus.
  • Further diversified the random bandits.
  • Fresh Water now removes Blind and Mud Blindness.
  • New Task.
  • 2 New Tools.
  • The Map Tool replaces Return Home from the special menu and removes a bug with Return Home.
  • The Group Cycler Tool replaces the Next Group option in the menu to clean up the menu slightly.
  • Added Myr Guard ability to Myrmillo's. Adds 20 RP to each battle member when the Myrmillo guards.
  • Removed hundreds of double spaces. At least 99% of them are gone. Many grammar improvements.
  • Removed Missio from Lower Flatts battles while on hard difficulty.
  • Removed Stamina from Nets and Ropes, slightly boosted their other stats. This fixed a bug with battle animations.
  • Added Stamina to Cloth and Leather, added HP to Chain and Plate.
  • Pressing right while in battle no longer skips the turn.
  • Bread Hunks are once again craftable.
  • Can now craft Cyser Jugs with Cider Jugs.
  • Lowered Fresh Water cost to 3 Denari.
  • Slightly randomized corpse loot.
  • Vettius now accepts Standard Short Bows.
  • Quillon is now less picky about bread.
  • You can now loot Corina's home after recruiting her.
  • Axes now show the proper crit. rate.
  • Tier 1 Arena Board battles now offer stat upgrades upon victory.
  • Fixed an issue with the wrong battles showing in the tier 1 Arena Board.
  • Fixed several issues with Weapon Skills.
  • Fixed some issues with the Magistrate and his building.
  • Fixed an issue with Kick when holding a bow.
  • Fixed an issue with disbanding allies showing the wrong person.
  • Fixed some issues with Tolas and Scout.
  • Updated the Basic Info section.
  • Many other fixes, improvements and additions.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks MMMm:smile:. So am I. I ended up spending a full day going through every line of text in the game looking for the double spaces. I can't believe how much time that took hehe but it was definitely worth it. I haven't got all of your content in just yet but I got another big chunk added. The Bandits Hold zone is where most of the missing content will be added at this point. Forty took me a good day and a half of solid work to get done as well, I thought he would be a quick easy recruit, nope hehe. I love him though, he is a great addition.

Edit:
@MMMm has discovered some issues, a couple that needed immediate repair. I just posted version 1.8.8b of Gladatora to hotfix the issues. I'll post an update log below.

Version 1.8.8b Alpha, 5-13-18 Hotfix:

• Fixed an issue that stopped progression in the Lower Flatts.
  • Fixed an issue with the time system.
  • Fixed some issues with the new faces.
  • Fixed the Lords Axe description.
  • Fixed a couple issues with Mella's movement.
  • Fixed the description of Nine's bond.
  • Turn skip is really removed now.
  • Accepting Tiri as a maid no longer kills Bex.
  • You can now open both treasures if you accept Tiri as a maid.
  • Cleaned up some of the Doctori dialog.
  • More grammar fixes.
  • Removed more double spaces. 99.3% eradicated.
  • Slightly raised the Emerald Ring drop rate.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang, just a little dev update. I have had some serious family issues to deal with as of late, from helping family in the eruption area of the Hawaiian volcano to some other, closer to home issues. Because of all of this I have not had much time to work on Gladatora but I see an end in sight and I will be back at it very soon. I hope fans of my game understand and stick with it, I have not lost any interest in working on my game and in fact feel this time away is only helping to reinforce how much I love working on it and can not wait to get back into production. Thanks for taking a look and I wish you all the best.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, this game is super sweet.

A tip for the early game is to immediately go and recruit Nine, Poryg, Ecko and Brood. They have useful weapons that you can equip your party with. Vendi has a special ability that doubles his attack and speed when he's at full health, so he's great to have on your side and he's free to recruit.

There's a system called Bonds which causes characters who have been in a certain amount of battles to put a copy of their unique ability into your inventory, so you can equip it to another character. Starah and Triggand have powerful abilities that you can swap between the two because of their bonds that gives them excellent defenses. I like Brannus because he has a critical hit bonus and there's weapons that the Flatt bosses drop which have higher critical hit rates. Using a technique that hits 4 times with a 30% critical hit rate with doubled strength can be deadly and very effective.

The Mud Flatts have a variety of bandit encounters that you can grind up on to earn JP. The Myrmillo class has some good abilities, so I usually turn everyone into one of those, but keep someone as a Pugilist for their status effects. You can afford a Fame ability after roughly 10-13 random battles, which does some excellent damage.

The weapon skills you obtain are pretty good too and the Myrmillo's guard ability gives your party extra points so they can use these skills more often. After a certain amount of JP has been earned, your characters can unlock prestige classes, which are usually stronger and have better equipment options.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there all, I am officially back and have been hard at work developing the game. Life is back to normal for me so I can once again dedicate most of my time to making this project the best it can be. I am currently in a final testing phase, if all goes well, and will have the new update out withing the next couple days. This is a very big update compared to many previous ones. There are lots of improvements, new content and bug fixes. I am really excited about the new path the game is on and I think it will be something pretty good in the long run.

I want to give a special thanks to the Gladatora testers and fans that have stuck with the game, through some difficult times in my life. It is humbling to see that those of you would hold interest as you have. Before I go I would like to leave everyone with a great bit of fan art @MMMm
was able to get a great deviant artist to create. I am truly honored someone would do this for my game and really wanted to share the work with you all.

Big thanks to everyone and I will have that new update out soon. As for now here is the great fan art of the long lost sisters Starah and Brigit, by the artist. Kakaa4 at https://www.deviantart.com/kakaa4/gallery/

lacunam_by_kakaa4_dd6ucu1.png

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update Day! Version 1.9 Alpha is finally out after quite a bit of development. The game will be moving into an official beta state soon. All of the core systems are finally just about where I had envisioned them and I couldn't be happier.

I also am posting a new Gladatora play through series that Hypnojo Gaming has kicked off today! @Hypnojo Gaming, he will be posting his play through videos regularly of 1.9 game play. He's a new Youtuber trying to make it so please show him some love.:smile:

The Changelog is a pretty big one this time, here is a list of the main changes.

Version 1.9 Alpha, 5-16-19 Update:

• Major new unlockable style, Orator.
    • Support class which uses a sharp tongue rather than a sharp sword. Cast a buff or debuff then use your Orate skill to extend all active Orator skills. Master the style and learn how to twist multiple skills to give your group a major advantage. Equips musical instruments in place of weapons. Begin the task to unlock Orators off of the new Tiber Lake zone.

• New weapon type, Instruments.
    • An Orators weapon. Much harder to come by than regular gear. Some Instruments boost defensive, some offensive and some boost all Orator skills. The boost they offer is a chance to extend the corresponding type of Orator skills by two turns instead of one when using Orate. This is a beginning method of support twisting.

• 15 New maps.

• 3 New recruitable actors submitted by the community.
    • Hypnojo the Orator, from Hypnojo Gaming.
    • Lucceia the Scissores and Mary the Orator, from MMMm.

• Augments added.
    • Attach and remove these handy trinkets as you see fit.

• 72 New items.

• 22 New weapons.

• 14 New armor pieces.

• 45 New skills.

• 52 New recipes.

• 4 New achievements.

• 7 New tracked tasks.

• Dual wield rework.
    • True dual wield added. Offhand weapons now only do 75% of their damage so equip the better weapon in your Main hand. The status window now shows Main and Off hand weapon damage separately when dual wielding.

• Two handed weapons have been boosted by about 50%.

• Shield rework.
    • Heavy shields now have a chance to block all damage from an attack. Light shields can block 50% of an attacks damage. Bucklers can block 25% of an attack. The status window now shows your block chance when a shield is equipped. Shields now have, in battle graphics, when blocking. Other general shield balancing was also done.

• New shield type, Buckler.
    • Small shield attached to the arm. All Styles except Dimachaerii, Pugilist, Scissores and Sagittarii may use Bucklers. Bucklers have a chance to block 25% of an attacks damage. You may equip Bucklers while using a 2 Handed weapon.

• Skill Mastery added.
    • All skills now level up and gain benefits from increasing their levels as they are used.

• Major optimization done.
    • Issues that could cause lag have been improved greatly. Parallel processes and events have been further optimized or removed. Images have had extra data cleaned up. Auto saving upon zoning removed, except when going in and out of the Ludus. Removed some plugins.

• Rebalanced Healing.
    • All healing types have been boosted to heal an increased amount. Battle Dressings now do 500 base HP as opposed to the old 250 base HP. All Foods now heal HP and possibly SP. Drinks now heal more SP and possibly HP.

• Added Fish.
    • Catch or purchase Fish which, when cooked, Heal HP and SP. Recipes added for Cooked Fish and Seasoned Fish. Rarely, caught fish may yield a surprise.

• Rebalanced Stamina costs and gains across the board.

• Reworked the Counter attack system to be more similar to Disgaea style Countering.

• Permainjury changed to an option.

• Many flow and dialog improvements with the intro.

• New option window when beginning a game.

• Added the ability to skip the intro.

• Added my testing zone as a debug/cheat option for players and testers.

• Secutors have had their Guard skill changed to Parry.

• Arrows added.
    • Bows now require arrows. Crafted with a Wood Fragment and maybe a Raw Bit. Bows can still be swung without arrows but do very little damage. The arrow type you want to use must be equipped in the Offhand slot. You can not fire your final arrow. If your attack command reads, "No Arrows" you are out of the equipped arrow type and need to change to another if able. Arrows must be unequipped before you can equip a new type, this is to avoid a big arrow dupe.

• Only Sagittarii may use Bows now.

• Removed limit on skill uses.

• New Leaderboard ranking system for Arenas.

• 2 New Arena Board types.
    • They include the new ultimate Arena battle, the Primus. If you can earn a chance at the Primus you must defeat all 5 of the Arenas Special Opponents at the same time.

• Many grammar improvements.

• Weapon Styles now add 5% damage to the weapon type.

• The Torch now also creates an ambient torch light.

• New custom art and icons.

• Salt can now remove Row Lock.

• New sound effects and battle music.

• Aligned many miss-aligned weapon graphics.

• Positive shop tax progress has been slowed.

• New Fame reward tiers added, up to 700 Fame.

• New state, Food Poisoning.
    • From eating raw meats or spoiled foods. 10% SP and RP drain and can not heal for 20 to 25 turns, or 800 steps.

• Bleed redone.
    • 50% of users Attack as HP damage per turn.Lasts 3 to 8 turns or 100 steps. 20% variance. This is to stop abuse against high level mobs.

• Mud Poisoning redone
    • Users First Aid x2 as HP damage per turn. Lasts 100 steps. 20% variance.

• Sleeping now heals Bloating, Bleed, Food Poisoning Mud Poisoning and Injury.

• Water intake now heals Mud Poisoning.

• Tacticians Cingulum now boosts Job Point gain.

• Skills that grant perma stats now only have a chance to give the stat.

• More balance done to upper end states and skills.

• Weapon Aptitudes now work as intended.

• Rebalanced Doctori Special Training costs.

• Lowered amount of upgrades possible on most gear.

• Bees now damage party leader instead of Triggand.

• Updated Basic Info section.

• Updated Terminology section.

• Expanded on Tiber Bend Ruffians.

• Thieves can now be much richer.

• Restored many strangely missing shadows.

• Remodeled some parts of old maps.

• Removed "Owned" from the crafting window due to inconsistencies.

• New vendor fodder items for flavor.

• Many other quality of life improvements.

• Many other secrets and surprises.

• Can no longer Tackle yourself.

• Fixed some issues with Achievements not being granted.

• Fixed some issues with the personal Smithy.

• Fixed a major issue with Ludus Upgrades not working properly after the first upgrade.

• Fixed some issues with Bravus the handyman.

• Fixed issue with being jailed. Now works correctly.

• Fixed a visual bug with New Game + and Styles.

• Upgraded RPG Maker MV to 1.6.2
    • Because of this download size has been increased by about 50%.

Last edited:

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bravo! That's a lot of cool stuff.

And it's neat that Hypnojo's doing a playthrough. I'll give it a watch.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Big thank you and I am sure Hypnojo will appreciate it.:smile: It would have been out sooner but I kept uncovering new issues from the rpg maker upgrade. Everything seems to look pretty good now but knowing you, if you play it you will find some hidden bugs.:smile: I also have 2 of your new recruits added, Lucciea and Mary. Thanks again for submitting them and soooo sorry it took so long to get them in.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm releasing a hotfix to take care of some issues and add a little more content as well. There was a game breaking item duplication glitch that required immediate fixing. Big thanks to @MMMm for finding these issues.:smile:

Version 1.9.1 Alpha, 5-18-19 Hotfix:
  • Snakes are now slightly more killable.
    • Random chance to strike back on a snake. May get Meat, Snake Fang, or Snake Skin.
  • New Arrows, Fang Arrow.
    • Procs a direct damage, DD, at the end of the turn.
  • Added more beggars, npc's and nuns.
  • Lowered the encounter rate for Tiber Wolves.
  • Shanny now uses her proper sprite.
  • You can now acquire Lucceia's weapons.
  • Fixed a major gear duplication glitch.
  • Fixed Kick audio.
  • Fixed a passability issue in Tiber Lake.
  • Fixed an issue with the crypt door in Gladatora Graveyard.
  • Fixed an inconsistency with physical damage reduction.
  • Fixed an issue with Filix.
  • Fixed Marys dialog.
  • Fixed some grammar issues.

Drago9

Corsair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug found: I'm stuck here. Also, I can't use map to get back?

Attachments

• stuck.png
    stuck.png
    789.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also, I can't use map to get back?

I suspect you can't teleport anymore because there's a boat you can obtain that you'd be able to leave stuck on an island somewhere forever.

Maybe there could be a paid service to cause the boat to be retrieved and placed on the Tiber Lake docks. I kinda miss being able to teleport back to base.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm you should be able to get out of that using the map not sure why that wouldn't work. As for the boat getting stuck or lost you can pay the girl at the main docks to bring the boat back if you lose it.

Very sorry about that bug I could have sworn I got all those places fixed but guess I missed that one. Big thanks for letting me know. So today when I got up my monitor wouldn't turn on. It just died out of no where. Being broke and disabled I currently have no idea how I can get another tv. So I can't fix this just yet unfortunately. I am going to do what I can but no idea how long this will set me back. Always something.:frown:

Drago9

Corsair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well best of luck to you. I wasn't far into it yet so I can just restart a new file. I'll scout for more bugs for you.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya, @Drago9 Big thanks bud. As for the map you have to use that from the tool icon on the regular map. I am pretty sure it won't work from the inventory like that. I'm borrowing a tv for a little bit today so I'll sneak a ninja fix in for that passability issue later but it won't be a new version. :smile:

I'll probably let you use map from the inventory as well with the fix.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->
cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodAlvenis