MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Only a couple of typos this time:

When Avin in the alleyway mentions a "death sentence" he uses the word "sentance"

The Kilij misspells "Turkish" as "Turksh."

A real shame about your monitor.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you @MMMm I'll sneak those fixes in today also. As for the monitor just a bit of bad luck I should have things straightened out within a couple days. Fingers are crossed anyways.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just released a minor ninja update. No new version number just a couple grammar issues and removed a square that you could get stuck in, within Tiber Lake.

Drago9

Corsair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't find any other ways to use the map. Wasn't it in the Special Category before?

Edit: nevermind, you have to use the map from tool slot just like you said.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy ya got that to work. I tried to allow it from the inventory as well but that didnt work.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't continue the Sagittari style quest while he give me this weird message.

Nice find! The game assumes that you'll complete Ordos' tasks, including the one where you visit the arena and collect the Ludus seal but if you do them out of order this happens.

If you have a save from before you got the Sagittari quest, you can load it and then go finish up Ordos' quests.

And you even found a typo in that screen shot, too. He should be using the word "too" rather than "to."

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang.:smile: Thanks for finding those issues @Drago9 I could have sworn I had made sure you could do those two together but must have missed something. Thanks for pointing out that "too" @MMMm those seem to be my bane. I can't believe how often when typing away I miss the extra o.

And a thank you to you @WilsonScarloxy.:smile: It's always nice to have a new person drop by.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang bit of a dev update slash new video info today. My monitor issues are no more and I can once again work full time on the game. I have been cleaning up the bugs and issues @MMMm, @Drago9, and Hypnojo have discovered and working on some other improvements. A huge thanks to those names I just mentioned. 1.9.2 will likely be up within the week.

Hypnojo has released his second video in his Gladatora play through series. He let me know that he has seen the most support of his new channel come from this web site and those of you kind people who have checked him out. I thank all of you who have supported him, he is a nice guy and it is nice to see him getting some traction.

Also, if any of you devs would like Hypnojo to do a game play or first look of your game just get in touch with him on his Discord or Twitter. He has informed me that he would love to do these for anyone here that has interest, so take advantage of that service.

Hypnojo Gaming

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang, just wanted to give a quick dev. update. Been hitting the grindstone hard and the game is getting a nice bit of quality of life improvements. My goal is to ease the large amounts of info and systems to ingest, as well as polish things up a bit to help the over all experience. Among these improvements there are some things like slowing release of info on a new play through and new graphics to help visually identify easily overlooked bits of important info. I have also gone through and added a fade out effect to the bgm's that had a harsh, sudden, reset when looping. There has been a lot of dialog reformatting as well, this will be a continued effort to make everything as easy to read as possible.

Thanks to the help from @MMMm there are some interesting new npc's coming with special duties. Among others, there is a gambler to help you profit off your arena wins, and a grave robber that may be able to ease the strain of gathering crafting resources. Crafting is getting a nice little boost as well. In the next update you will be able to slot some of your extra recruits into crafting stations and have them generate crafting exp. for you, depending on what station they are at.

This is just a bit of whats upcoming in the next build. Hypnojo is also still working on his play through and we can expect to see a new Gladatora video up around the start of next week. I am very excited he has been posting his game play and thank all of you who have helped to support him. Keep being an amazing community.:smile: That's about it for now but expect the new update soon. Take care all.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hypnojo has released his 3rd video in his Gladatora Play through series today.:smile: This time he is hitting Tiber Lake and working on some of the games many side tasks. It would be amazing if any of the community members here could give it a look to help support both he and I. To date the Gladatora videos has been his most successful, he is a new youtuber after all. This has been largely in part to the community here so a massive thank you for taking the time to watch the videos, you all rock.:smile:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang. The new version of Gladatora will be out tomorrow but I thought I would drop in and give a sneak peak of the new patch notes. There are some nice bug fixes and new graphics as well as some new handy additions to add to the immersion and quality of life for players.

Sorry for the delay on the new update. I had originally expected to have it out a couple weeks back. I started feeling like the progress wasn't enough and that the game needed more to warrant a full update. At that point I took a bit of a step back and started working on the game until I felt like the new update was complete. It took a lot longer than I had planned but I was able to get some important aspects of the game worked out and have a nice view of the landscape moving forward with the games development. Plus a solid amount of new content for the update.:smile:

Version 1.9.2 Alpha, Update:
  • 2 New Maps.
    • Found off of The Lower Flatts.
  • New Quests.
  • New Crafting Slots.
    • Slot your extra recruits into special crafting stations within your Lower Ludus Addition. Some Crafting slots will need additional quests to unlock. Slotting a recruit into a Crafting Slot will start generating passive crafting exp. for that crafting type. This is upgradable with Doctori Points.
  • New "Employable" style npc's.
    • Gambler and Graverobber. Submitted to the game by the great @MMMm.
  • New Weapons, Armors and Skills.
  • Many new Npc's to fill the land.
  • More new and edited graphics.
  • Plate helmets have had a makeover to look more like traditional gladiator helmets.
  • New Achievements.
  • Added Lion battles to Primus rank fights.
  • Lowered requirement to rank up in the arena by 50.
  • "Recruits" tab renamed to "Roster".
  • New "Recruits" tab.
    • Found in the Special tab, in the main menu. Opens a window that shows current recruits collected and gives hints to finding ones you have not yet recruited. This was created by community member @TWings .
  • Added Fade ins and outs to BGM with a harsh loop.
  • Reformatted many dialogs to flow better.
  • Added "Styles" to the Terminology section.
  • Various map improvements.
  • Whips now have a chance to cause, Trip.
    • Trip: Target loses next turn.
  • Locals have learned how to fish with nets.
  • Timber Wolves now spawn visibly on the map.
  • New Standard Respawn zones added.
    • This will be the most common, non arena, battle type found moving forward. These zones offer visible enemies, not random encounters. These enemies will respawn at 5 AM everyday, if killed. Some enemies have a chance of spawning rare named mobs. In addition, many types of resources farmed in these zones will respawn at 5 AM as well.
  • The "Move Back" skill, which enemies use to switch to the back row, now causes the enemy to visually move back slightly.
  • Several other quality of life improvements have been implemented.
  • Rudiarius' now use their Fame stat when calculating damage on a Counter Attack.
  • Added "Short Row Lock" to Retiarii skills that pull the target forward.
  • Slightly boosted Net and Rope damage.
  • Added "Choose A Prize" to the Korigus Ludus, Wager Battles.
  • Doubled the amount of "Tribute" gained from Fame Rewards.
  • Increased the amount of many rewards earned from Errands.
  • Made several improvements to the Person Smithy.
  • Fixed Drexxon's recruitment.
    • He had become unrecruitable at some unknown point in the past. He is still found in the Gladatora Graveyard at night.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies, upon reaching 0% HP would not die until the next time attacked.
  • Fixed an issue with recruiting Shanny, and some graphics issues with her.
  • Fixed some, out of place, graphics.
  • Fixed some issues with Mella's graphics.
  • Fixed an issue with the cells in Lower Flatts and Bandits Hold.
  • Fixed a few passability issues in Tiber Lake.
  • Fixed a couple issues with the boat.
  • Fixed a bug with interaction between certain Story Tasks.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
New "Recruits" tab.
  • Found in the Special tab, in the main menu. Opens a window that shows current recruits collected and gives hints to finding ones you have not yet recruited. This was created by community member @TWings .

So excited! Always knew this plugin would work perfectly for your game. Thanks, @TWings for sharing and making this available.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And here I thought I was the only one on this forum with a like for lengthy patch notes. Really love reading about the improvements to your game, twice so with it having the @MMMm seal of approval. Keep it up!

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A new video and a new update!:smile: Gladatora version 1.9.2 has just been released and to go along with it Hypnojo has released his new video in the play through series. It looks like he manages to recruit himself as well.:smile:

So excited! Always knew this plugin would work perfectly for your game. Thanks, @TWings for sharing and making this available.

Yeah same here. The first time I saw it I started bugging @TWings and didn't stop.:smile: An addition that is perfect for Gladatora.

And here I thought I was the only one on this forum with a like for lengthy patch notes. Really love reading about the improvements to your game, twice so with it having the @MMMm seal of approval. Keep it up!

I too love long patch notes. Some old games I used to play got really clever with some of the ways they would word the notes and I try to pay homage to them from time to time. I am truly blessed to have @MMMm interested in my game. He has contributed sooo much in testing and content development I am in his debt.:smile:

Looking forward to see how my plugins are used in other's games. It's also nice to know that @Jeremiah Eastman could make it work without any problem. :LZSsmile:

Love the plugin bud. And honestly, it couldn't have been easier to use. It really is a great plugin, I barely needed to do anything.. I have been brainstorming some ideas for using that Extra select var id as well. Love the extra usage that the option opens up. Oh and Galdmaril is a sweet game too, best of wishes on its development.:smile:

Here is the 4th video in Hypnojo's Gladatora play through series. I hope you all enjoy.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey gang. Hypnojo has just released his new video, number 5, in his playthrough. This one is a little shorter but plays out nicely. He is playing on a new version of the game that hasn't been released just yet so you may see some things not in the 1.9.2 version. If you take a look I hope you enjoy it. Please support Hypnojo too, if you are into that. He is still a small youtube creator and seems to be really trying plus he's a nice guy. Anyways, take care all.:smile:

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hypnojo's play through is really heating up. Super eager to see him take on the best "dungeon" in the game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus