Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, hey gang. Hypnojo has just uploaded his 6th video in the Gladatora play through. He discovers the new Sagittarii mechanics and starts to dive into their power. You may also notice some aspects not in the current downloadable demo, as of this post.

The new version is still being worked on and is closing in on a good sized update. I am, at the moment, in a bit of a creative rut, however. I want to add more new enemies to the new maps I have been working on but I want to do something besides the basic bandits and canine. Because of Gladatora's style in trying to be as realistic as possible it has made it difficult to come up with a good new variant, though I have some ideas. The biggest issue would be the side view battlers, likely any animal I fight, other than dogs and wolves, will have to be created from scratch and making sv sheets is a big slow weakness for me.:smile:

Well, thanks for taking a look and I hope you all like the new video. Be sure and support Hypnojo by liking and, or subscribing to him if you do that sort of thing. He really is a good guy trying to make it in that crazy world of youtube.:smile:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey gang There's a new Hypnojo video out so I wanted to let everyone know in case you haven't watched it yet. I also wanted to give you a little dev update as well. I am currently working through all of the clickable events in the game adding a new Explorer system to the game. This system will reward the player for clicking on all those little flavor events as well as many in map lootables. The idea is to get the player to look for more of the games secrets and reward them for doing so. The rewards unlocked will be things like new window screens and some other surprises.

The new update is getting very close now and has a lot of deep game changes so hang tight everyone, I will try and get it out within the week. As for Hypnojo's New video, he does something I have been wanting to see someone attempt. He creates a party build with 2 Orators, a tank and a dps. I think it goes rather well and right in line with how I had hoped the class would work when there are multiple Orators in the party.

And without any further ado, Gladatora: Band Practice.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
It should be very interesting to see what you have in the next version. I look forward to it.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should be very interesting to see what you have in the next version. I look forward to it.

Heya @MMMm I hope the new version does not disappoint. It has quite a few new things and some new mechanics. I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the status of the new update as well. I ran into a pretty big bug that was causing a crash. It set me back a couple days but thanks to the great @ramza he updated his plugin and the crash has been repaired.:smile:

I still have a bit of work to finish. I am working on finishing 2 basic sized maps that will have the highest, non arena, level mobs yet. Oh yeah maps, other than the arena, now have level ranges that span 10 levels per battle map, thank you @Yanfly :smile:. Anyways, once these 2 maps are complete it's some final testing and packaging the new version. I will continue hitting the grindstone hard until this is all done. I believe, based on that info, that the new version will be out this weekend. Either Saturday, or more likely, due to how much I still have to do and possible fixes after testing, it will be out Sunday.

Well back to work for me and I hope you all have a great day. Take care all.:smile:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have just uploaded the new version, it was a very busy week.:smile: I'll post the patch notes then it's off to bed for me for some long needed rest. If you are someone who tries out the new version and finds any bugs or have anything to say about the game for that matter, I would love to hear it. Have a great day all.:smile:

Version 1.9.3 Alpha, 8-25-19 Update:

• 6 New Maps.
  • New Explorer Point system.
    • Now those who like to explore and search out all of the games little bits of flavor and secrets are rewarded. Unlock special Window Skins and other surprises simply by clicking on things in the world.
    • Removed the Medicus Supplies count from the main menu and added the Explorer points count in its place.
    • Removed a few old Window Skins and replaced them with new ones.
  • New Trainer Slot.
    • Put a recruit in your Trainer Slot and your remaining members are buffed by 10% of the slotted recruits stats. Equipment is taken into account so train a strong warrior and benefit from their high stats.
    • On top of this you will also gain an extra Doctori Point per earnable hour.
    • Unlockable through the story tasks.
  • New map level ranges implemented. Level ranges represent enemy levels.
    • Mud Flatts: No change.
    • Lower Flatts, Bandits Hold and Tents: No change.
    • Arena Boards: No change.
    • Outer Gladatora: 5 - 15.
    • Bandit Lords Tent: 5 - 15.
    • High Pass Gate: 10 - 20.
    • Tiber Lake: 10 - 20.
    • Bandit Tunnel: 15 - 25.
    • The Old Road: 20 - 30.
    • Dry Gorge: 20 - 30.
    • Lanista's House: 25- 35.
    • Lanista's Dungeon: 25 - 35.
  • New Weapons Skills.
    • 1 new Weapon Skill added to each Weapon Style
    • These skills are automatically learned when the Weapon Style is set or changed,
    • The skill requires the correct weapon be equipped to be used.
  • Reworked the lighting and Torch system.
    • Light tinting is now more consistent to the type of area you are in.
    • Indoor lit areas are well lit at night.
    • Outdoor lit areas are not as bright as indoor lit.
    • Non lit areas are dark at night and a Torch should be used to navigate them. Though it is not required.
    • Torch overlay removed. That harsh flicker effect.
    • Brightened overall Torch tint.
  • Changed all Lead items and recipes to tin to be more accurate with history, metals and alloys.
  • Bronze is now crafted with 1 parts Tin to 3 parts Copper.
    • Due to this change the costs/materials required for Bronze gear was too high. So all Bronze gear recipes were reworked and now cost an average of 33% less. This fits in nicely with where they should have always been in the price tier.
  • New visible gear in vendor areas.
    • You may now also purchase visible gear in vendor areas, these are 1 time items and may not be in the vendors normal shop menu.
    • You may also steal these visible items, if you choose. Doing so may get you a nice piece of loot but there will also be a Ludus Reputation cost attached to the item.
    • The Ludus Rep. point cost goes up with the cost of the item being stolen.
  • New Tool HUD background image.
  • 18 New Skills.
  • 1 New Recruit.
  • 5 New Items.
  • 4 New Weapons.
  • 9 New Armor pieces.
  • Lots of new content created by @MMMm has been added with even more on the way.
  • Fixed some inconsistencies with and made some changes to enemy scaling. Enemies should now scale better with consideration to Difficulty Level.
  • Many new Icons and other various graphics.
  • Animal Recruits may now be fitted with "Claw" type weapons.
  • Finished compression of audio files. Reduced the download by nearly 8 megs.
  • Weapon Coating type augments can no longer be removed once applied to a weapon.
  • Removed the Destination Sprite that appears when using mouse click to move.
  • States with "Short" in their name have been renamed to "Minor".
  • States with "Long" in their name have been renamed to "Greater".
  • Moved Snake Skin to the "Special" category in the Items tab.
  • Many minor map improvements and additions. Some graphic changes.
  • Updated the Basic Info section.
  • Made several minor improvements to the intro.
  • Added: Items Stolen, Missios Granted, Rare Treasure Count and Total Donations counts to the Path tab in the Status section.
  • Recolored many overhead labels to be better visible against the background.
  • @TWings updated his plugin and improved face optimization so now the faces will load consistently the way I run them.
    • Added new flavor text to unlocked recruits in the "Recruit" section.
  • A crash that would occur when using a Weapon skill that required a certain type of weapon and one hand was empty has been fixed thanks to @ramza.
  • Added color markers to the Front and Back Row Icons to better illustrate what row someone is in.
  • The Block % text in the status menu is now the correct color.
  • The magical floating shield that ends play throughs can now be toggled between the shield and a regular barrel. For those that disliked the break in immersion.
  • The Skill tool tip now shows before you skill up.
  • Fixed skills that would leave the screen zoomed in or that would leave players or enemies invisible.
  • Fixed incorrect Icons showing in High Pass Gate.
  • Fixed many missing shadows under people.
  • Fixed Hypnojo's rates not showing correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that kept Tiber Wolves from randomizing.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I wish I could "like" this multiple times. Very excited to get to play it. Good work on the update!

You're the best @MMMm.:smile: Thank you for being so helpful to my project as well. Your last big message in my inbox really made me feel good about the new update and the work that went into it. This game is turning out to be so much more intricate than I had ever thought it would and it is largely due to all you have done to help. I cannot thank you enough.:smile:

Also, I meant to tell you that Hypnojo finally figured out how to set your posts on his pages to auto accept. He said for some reason it always withheld your posts but it shoudln't anymore.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang. The amazing @MMMm has put the new Gladatora update through the wringer and has discovered some bugs, as well as had some great ideas for immediate improvement. A couple of the issues discovered I consider to be game breaking so I decided to release a Hotfix with all of the fixes and a few other things.

So to @MMMm a huge thank you. The new update is now available, you can see the patch notes below or on the main page. Thanks for the support everyone and I hope the Hotfix makes for a better experience.

Version 1.9.3.b Alpha, 9-2-19 Hotfix:

• Fixed some grammar issues.
  • Made some small map improvements.
  • Constiusis no longer has interaction issues.
  • Fixed a passibility issue in Gladatora Smithy.
  • Fish no longer reset their position when trying to catch them as anything other than a Retiarii.
  • Fixed some missing graphics in Tiber Lake.
  • Lowered level requirement for cooking fish.
    • Cooked Fish, Cooking level 1.
    • Seasoned Fish, Cooking level 2.
  • Removed the lowest level of Shop tax. Vendors will no longer not buy items when your Ludus Rep. is too low.
  • Added info to the Parry state and added 1 turn to its duration.
  • The 1 HP. bug should now be completely fixed.
  • Fixed a typo in the Fixing the Fight Task.
  • Countering an enemy can now target those in the back row, if the attacker was in that row.
  • Rudiarii counter skill now actually uses Fame as its source stat. This was thought to be fixed in a previous update.
  • Acilia the Gambler is less ashamed of her job and has now moved closer to the Arena Board.
  • Drexxon now shows himself in the Recruits section when he is part of the party.
  • Added the missing Lanista Guard .img file.
  • The Bandit Tactician fight has had some improvements and now is a good deal more difficult.
  • The spears in the Big Tent now show an empty stand when looted.
  • The lazy guard in Lanista's House is no longer stuck to his chair.
  • Names now appear in color when being granted the Rudiarius Style.
  • Slotted recruits no longer appear elsewhere in the Ludus.
  • The Torch has been moved to Gladatora and is now attainable from the start of the game.
  • Moved the Old Shovel a little closer to the Arena and added more info to better understand its uses.
  • Lessened the distance Bardus will move you in the Lower Flatts.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually forgot how to get the cat to move away from the tent :eswt2:
Hey there bud. To get the cat to move you have to have a dog in your first player slot. I'm really happy to see you're trying out the new version. I hope it doesn't disappoint.:smile:

Drago9

Corsair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
upload_2019-9-14_13-4-23.png

Seems like I have found another bug. I could not leave Corina's basement, the pathing to the stair seems to be broken.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang. After dealing with some medical issues and life in general the delayed 1.9.4 update is going to be out shortly after the new year. I have been putting in a lot of work on this update with adding new content and polishing up every aspect I can in order to get it ready for a true Beta update, which will come after 1.9.4.

Among the upcoming changes and additions I have added a good deal of new content, new submissions from @MMMm, many bug fixes and optimizations and am focusing on further improving the players quality of life in the game.I have also been working to improve my spriting and animation skills and with that I created crocodile sv battlers, something I have been wanting for the game for a long time. I'll post a few teaser .gifs below of the new crocs. Though I am, obviously, not the best spriter I am enjoying the process and plan on continuing to add new custom graphical content as I improve.

As for now I would like to thank everyone for sticking with the game and wish you all a happy holidays. Take care all and I will talk to you again soon.
croc.gifcroc1.gifcroc2.gif

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking of your project a lot this week, so I am super thrilled to see you back announcing the new version for January. The crocodiles look great, and I am very excited for the rest!

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya @Biestmann Big thanks for dropping in and saying hi.:smile: Big thanks for complimenting the new croc sprites, though I am nowhere near the artist you are, you're stuff looks just amazing. The new Eternal Dreamers update looks great and I love those patch notes, they look better than just about any big budget games notes. I'm going to have to give the game another play through and check it all out.:smile:

Keep up the amazing work and have a great new years.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markikilouis231