Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been a while. cant wait to try out the next big update lol
Hey there Drago yeah sorry it's been so long. Turns out changing the battle system broke way more than I had anticipated, the rebuilding has been tough with the webs of eventing i had tied in to it all. On top of all that i have had quite a lot of other life issues slowing my down but work is continuing. The release is getting close but there is still a good amount left to do.

It's good to hear from you and I hope all is going well. hopefully everything else goes smooth and I have an update for you soon. Take it easy bud.=)

Drago9

Corsair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there Drago yeah sorry it's been so long. Turns out changing the battle system broke way more than I had anticipated, the rebuilding has been tough with the webs of eventing i had tied in to it all. On top of all that i have had quite a lot of other life issues slowing my down but work is continuing. The release is getting close but there is still a good amount left to do.

It's good to hear from you and I hope all is going well. hopefully everything else goes smooth and I have an update for you soon. Take it easy bud.=)
Haha, no rush man. I just hope you're doing well :)

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang, I just wanted to drop in and give a quick update. The amount of fixes and new content in the next update has been much more time consuming than I ever thought it would be. While I have certain things I have been working on that I know I want to be in the next update, I also constantly get new ideas of different other things I can do, which I then dedicate time to which of course slows the overall progress even more.

That being said I am very happy with this upcoming version. There is tons of polish and bug fixes as well as a lot of new content and some helpful and fun new game mechanics. While I hate how long it has taken, the time spent working on Gladatora has really paid off and I think fans will be pretty happy with the new release.

Version 1.9.6 stretched the sprites slightly and ended up causing a lot more visual bugs and pathing problems than I had realized. I feel like it may have been my worst update yet due to how ugly it made the game without me realizing. A very large amount of time has been dedicated to fixing and improving all the issues with the sprite stretch and I feel the new version will be a much, much nicer experience visually. I just hope no one has played the last version and if you are considering it, wait for 1.9.7, it's going to be a big one.=)

Thanks for dropping in and I hope you all enjoy the new update when it's out, which will be very soon. Take care all. =)

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang, the update is in final testing phases and should be out within a few days. I wanted to run something across anyone who wanted to share their opinion.=) I have been reworking the icon sheet and am somewhere over 800 of my own icons now but I would like to know what all of you who are smarter than me think.
Mainly things that should be fixed, improved or redone. Also if there's any icons here that aren't mine that you are just tired of seeing or think doesn't fit, really any thoughts, I would love to hear them. This sheet is an ongoing project for me and I find I am constantly going back through the icons trying to improve them so feedback would be super helpful.

IconSet.png

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww, big thanks Joseph.=) You're one of my inspirations in this whole pixel art journey.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't believe it but version 1.9.7 is finally done! it is ridiculous to me how much work went into this single update but it was worth it. Since the last update I pretty much broke the whole game.=) Never fear, the new version is well tested and should be, enjoyable. I also posted a bunch of new screenshots on the main page that show some of the changes.

Title1.png

Update.png

Version 1.9.7 Alpha, 4-7-21 Update:

Maps.png

⦁ 16 New Maps.
  • New hub region around the Lares Crossroads south of the Mud Flatts.
⦁ You can no longer dig on Stone, Wood or Carpet terrain.
⦁ Lit fires can now be used as Cooking Stations.
⦁ Changed the format of some map names to be more Roman.
⦁ Shadows have been completely reworked and should now be in a fairly final state.
⦁ Fixed hundreds of map issues caused by the Great Actor Stretching of version 1.9.6.
⦁ Removed the chance of getting all or no fish in the Fish Traps.
⦁ Fish Traps now work on the first day of a play through.
⦁ Improved mobility around the large tree types.
⦁ Added a bunch more secret stuff into new and existing levels.

Graphics.png

⦁ New Title and Game Over screens created by the talented artist @eadgear.
⦁ Loads of new graphics and icons.
⦁ A bunch of new animations.
⦁ Added visual effects to many buffs.
⦁ Replaced some Ludus Vanity, Statues and Gates.
⦁ Gave Dia a makeover.
⦁ Fixed the blurry sprites and screen blurring caused by the stretching done in version 1.9.6.
⦁ Made a bunch of new victory poses for actors with default poses.

Items Gear.png

⦁ 37 New armor pieces.
  • New "Mercenary" armor style. Armor is similar to Tier 8 armor but it more defensive and slower. Can not be crafted.
⦁ 5 New weapons.
⦁ 12 New items.
⦁ New Food Buffs.
  • Food buffs last 5 battles. Using a new Food while you have a Food Buff will reset the battle count to 5 and overwrite the old buff with the most recent food eaten. Drinks can no longer be used in battle except for Fresh Water.
⦁ 7 New Recipes.
  • Reworked Recipe progression to be more consistent. Tier 2 Recipes are no longer visible at Tier 1 skill. Made adjustments to Animal food allowances.
⦁ New Tool added.
  • Log, opens up a backlog of previous bits of text received.
⦁ Added new legendary loot to all new battle locations.
⦁ 4 Leaf Clover now grants a Skill.
⦁ Added Links that were missing from the Dev. area vendor.
⦁ Tier 8 Fame Rewards added.

Tasks.png

⦁ 18 New Tracked Tasks, A handful of other, non tracked one.
⦁ Main Tasks split into, Story Tasks and Arena Tasks.
⦁ Crafting Tasks absorbed into Side Tasks.
⦁ Added new Arena Tasks to the Settonius and the Korigus Ludus.
⦁ New Old Mans Treasure Task added.
⦁ 2 New Achievements.
⦁ New line of progressive Crafting Tasks obtainable through Handyman Bravus.

Recruits.png

⦁ 6 New Recruits, based on the Spartacus Series.
⦁ Added recruitment requirements to more of the old recruits.
⦁ Fixed a problem with Lucceia's recruitment.
⦁ Fixed parts of some recruits descriptions that were hidden.

Skills.png

⦁ New Battle Engine, CTB.
  • Agility now controls how quickly and often you attack. RP gain is capped at 10 per skill, 5 for Buffs/Debuffs. This removes the long existing crash if you try to remove all but 1 battle member during battle.
⦁ Styles previously unlocked by leveling up different Styles has been changed.
  • These styles are now unlocked with Doctori Points from your Doctori. They cost 100 DP each and unlock the selected style for everyone.
⦁ Added the option to unlock the Orator Style from the start of a play through.
⦁ Fixed some skills that did not reset the cam after changing zoom.
⦁ Myrmillos Guard now adds a flat 10 RP to each ally battler.
⦁ Can now buy HP, SP and First Aid skill from the Skill Learn Menu.

Misc.png

⦁ Lots of new music and sounds.
⦁ Added 2 new songs from the great @MMMm
⦁ Added BGM to areas that were missing music.
⦁ The BGM Bard is now unlocked at 700 Explorer Points, was 1100.
⦁ New Slots!
  • Added 3 new "Training Slots" in the Ludus. Slot a recruit into these positions and they will earn passive exp at a rate of up to 200 per game hour. This is perfect for getting your lower level recruits up to speed.
⦁ The Ludus Smith can now craft up to 5 upgrades daily with DP spending.
⦁ Increased the spawn rate of The Bog Hound, The Bandit Lord and Madam.
⦁ Moved the State Icon for an actors Bond Boost to their Bond Window, was shown with other states before.
⦁ Removed the ability to slot the final recruit.
⦁ Updated Basic Info.
⦁ Added more cheat codes to the secret Cheat Book.
⦁ Increased the amount of healing received by sleeping at a Popina/Tavern.
⦁ Improved the spacing between battlers.
⦁ Unified the respawn times across the board which helped improve the main Parallel Process.
⦁ Made some more optimization improvements to the main Parallel Process.
⦁ Improved handling of DP generation at times where no DP would be gained.
⦁ Training Stations now only give DP during "Working Hours".

Fixes.png

Since the last update the game has gone through major overhauls involving the change over to a new Battle System and the repair of breaking pretty much every mapped tile from the sprite stretching in 1.9.6. Because of this there have been countless fixes, improvements and bits of new content that are not reported in this change log. The process of dealing with all of this has been extremely time consuming and with the rework and extensive testing, the game has been altered in nearly every aspect.

I have worked very hard on this version and did not want to release it before it was ready. After much stressing I feel the game is finally ready to go and from here there will be 2 more updates, barring hot fixes, and then the official Beta release at Version 2.0. I am excited to finally be back on track and hope you enjoy the new experience.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Incredible update, well worth the wait! You put a lot of love and care into this release, that's for sure. It must have been frustrating to have to rework so much on the backend because of changes that you made. Trust me, I can relate. That said, be proud! I hope more people get to exprience this great game, it's the whole package.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Incredible update, well worth the wait! You put a lot of love and care into this release, that's for sure. It must have been frustrating to have to rework so much on the backend because of changes that you made. Trust me, I can relate. That said, be proud! I hope more people get to exprience this great game, it's the whole package.
Aww, thank you so much Biest=) It means a lot coming from a developer as skilled as yourself, I love your work. I didn't realize just how much work I was creating for myself when I made those changes. I knew each portion was going to take a lot but somehow everything broke. Despite all of the work it took I think it was worth it. The game really feels improved to me now that everything is working. Anyways, big thanks again for dropping in and your kind words. You have a good one.=)

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there gang. So I have a little bit of exciting news I thought I would share. The twitch streamer HawkZombie is going to be playing Gladatora on his stream this Saturday so, 4-17-21 sometime between 6pm and 10 pm PST.

Drop by and check it out if you have a chance. Fingers are crossed he doesn't find any undiscovered game breaking bugs right off the bat.=) I'll post a link to his channel below, hope to see ya there.

HawkZombie

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small update/hotfix today with some big improvements.

Version 1.9.7.1 Alpha, 4-16-21 Hotfix:

Hotfix.png

⦁ 1 New map.
⦁ Connects Tiber Lake to High Pass East.​
⦁ 2 New armor pieces.
⦁ Major optimizations done.
⦁ New options menu.
⦁ Added controller configuration options.
⦁ New layout for opening settings.
⦁ Improved tuning on intro Doctori fight.
⦁ 1 New achievement.
⦁ 1 New named mob.
⦁ Various new graphics.
⦁ Slight tuning adjustment to all Styles in Agility.
⦁ Counter Attack Rate now draws from Agility.
⦁ Story Tasks renamed to Doctori Tasks.
⦁ Fixed a couple issues with Library tome creation.
⦁ Fixed an issue with Forty's weapon location.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HawkZombie has done a first look of Gladatora and some things were found to fix as well as other things that could be improved. I have taken everything I learned from the extremely helpful stream and applied it in a new minor update. Every issue from the stream has been addressed and I will also post a link to the youtube video of it when it becomes available, in case anyone would like to check it out. Thanks for dropping in.=)

Update.png

Version 1.9.7.2 Alpha, 4-19-21 Hotfix:

⦁ Fixed an issue with turn timing and further tuned the new combat engine.
⦁ Orators can no longer equip Head or Arm armor.
⦁ Retiarii and Laquerii can now equip Head armor.
⦁ Made adjustments to many armor type allowances for many of the Styles.
⦁ Increased Sword Dance success rate.
⦁ Increased chance of the Thraex debuff to proc.
⦁ Vault skill has been, Vaulted... New skill added to replace it with a similar mechanic.
⦁ Added Battle Dressings to medicus vendors.
⦁ Added a medicus shop to the medicus in the Arena.
⦁ Lowered cost of Battle Dressings, Bandages and Ointment.
⦁ Steak is now cookable at level 1.
⦁ Added visual Doctori Point costs to Special Stat Training.
⦁ Reduced the amount of mud in the Mud Flatts.
⦁ Added a max level to all mobs in Mud Flatts and The Bandit Lord's Tent. They were going higher than intended.
⦁ Fixed an issue where you could get stuck moving from Mud Flatts to Gladatora Graveyard.
⦁ Fixed a passibility issue in Gladatora Graveyard.
⦁ Updated Gravedigger loot.
⦁ The Errand sign and color state is now visible in the Ludus.
⦁ Improved Errand Info.
⦁ Time no longer stops when viewing a letter.
⦁ Improved Basic Info and displaying of info in many places.
⦁ Extra section of the main menu has been renamed to Info.

Last edited:

CloudzChow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HawkZombie has done a first look of Gladatora and some things were found to fix as well as other things that could be improved. I have taken everything I learned from the extremely helpful stream and applied it in a new minor update. Every issue from the stream has been addressed and I will also post a link to the youtube video of it when it becomes available, in case anyone would like to check it out. Thanks for dropping in.=)

View attachment 186649

Version 1.9.7.2 Alpha, 4-19-21 Hotfix:

⦁ Fixed an issue with turn timing and further tuned the new combat engine.
⦁ Orators can no longer equip Head or Arm armor.
⦁ Retiarii and Laquerii can now equip Head armor.
⦁ Made adjustments to many armor type allowances for many of the Styles.
⦁ Increased Sword Dance success rate.
⦁ Increased chance of the Thraex debuff to proc.
⦁ Vault skill has been, Vaulted... New skill added to replace it with a similar mechanic.
⦁ Added Battle Dressings to medicus vendors.
⦁ Added a medicus shop to the medicus in the Arena.
⦁ Lowered cost of Battle Dressings, Bandages and Ointment.
⦁ Steak is now cookable at level 1.
⦁ Added visual Doctori Point costs to Special Stat Training.
⦁ Reduced the amount of mud in the Mud Flatts.
⦁ Added a max level to all mobs in Mud Flatts and The Bandit Lord's Tent. They were going higher than intended.
⦁ Fixed an issue where you could get stuck moving from Mud Flatts to Gladatora Graveyard.
⦁ Fixed a passibility issue in Gladatora Graveyard.
⦁ Updated Gravedigger loot.
⦁ The Errand sign and color state is now visible in the Ludus.
⦁ Improved Errand Info.
⦁ Time no longer stops when viewing a letter.
⦁ Improved Basic Info and displaying of info in many places.
⦁ Extra section of the main menu has been renamed to Info.
I'll play your game on my stream tomorrow <3

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll play your game on my stream tomorrow <3
That's amazing news Cloud, thank you very much=). I'll make sure to drop by, hope you enjoy it and a huge grats on that 100 follower milestone.=)

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HawkZombie has played a few hours of the beginning of Gladatora and posted video of his adventure. I'll leave a link here and it's on the first page as well if you would like to take a look.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh dang I thought I had found all of those, it's from stretching all the sprites. I'm sorry about that Cloud. Also I had been checking twitch, didn't mean to miss ya, I am sorry about that as well=(

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.
Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.
For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.
Can house furniture be used as a weapon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zavin_Smeargle