Titanhex

Do-It-All
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I just finished my first global game jam and have to say it was a blast. I learned a lot, found new and interesting software, and increased my knowledge of the development process and working on a team in the same room. Great energy and fun people.

Anyone else participate and want to share your experience?

Nellingtons

procrastinateur par excellance
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Me! I actually headed straight here because the event juiced me up and I wanted more!

I had a really great time! I did most of the 2d art for a small adventure game (here if anybody wants to have a look, I worked on 16 layouts in my 32 hours onsite, so some are pretty terrible :( )

My team was most comprised of people I work with anyway, but the time and theme constraint was a great team building experience for me, as I'm pretty new to the company.

The challenge was great anyway, and it was the first game jam ever organized in my home country - it was such a success that the organizers want to organize another jam in a few months.

Also, a guest speaker came down to help organize the event, and she introduced a tradition from the Nordic Game Jam in Copenhagen - everyone brings in old game pieces (or random crap) and somebody sits down and assembles a trophy for the people's choice award with a glue gun!

Good times!

Mevo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I Made my Game with that Engine in Global Game Jam :D

http://globalgamejam.org/

my game link : http://globalgamejam.org/2014/games/my-egypt

I Think some of you know this Contest(Global game jam)

I Am the youngest Jammer who ever entered Global game jam   :D

for those who don't know GameJam

What is a Game Jam?The goal is to come together and make a video game, or non-digital game like a board game or card game. Participants rapidly prototype game designs and hopefully inject new ideas to help grow the game industry. We share a common theme and constraints. We ask participants to create a game from beginning to end in a prescribed time (maximum of 48 hours). The brief time span is meant to help encourage creative thinking to result in small but innovative and experimental games.

What is the Global Game Jam?The GGJ brings together talented individuals from within your community. It is a unique opportunity for people to push their skills and challenge their way of working. Participants work concurrently with developers around the globe; we rally around a central theme, and then have 48 hours to create a game. It's our hope that we will see some very experimental realized prototypes that you can continue to work on after the jam. Many games developed in previous Game Jams have become fully realized games. The GGJ is open source, hardware & software agnostic and all projects are protected under a Creative Commons license. We encourage people to try out new ideas and push themselves, within reason. We also strongly encourage participants to remember to eat and sleep, to stay at their best!

Last edited by a moderator:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Topics Merged

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
I wanted to join but there wasn't any GGJ site near my place at all, and I couldn't really afford to host one myself. Must be fun meeting up with other game developers, exchanging ideas, teamming up and making games together. Still lamenting over it.

They don't exactly allow remote participation either, and it'd kinda defeat the entire point of GGJ too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bust Status 1!
Animated lipsynch as well as lineart. Just lineart so far...
Ramona Expression 1-2 L.gifRamona Expression 1-1 L.gifRamona Bust 1C.png
2 FPS 5 FPS Static
SF_People3_7 added!
index.php

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png
Happy Birthday, me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayangod