BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there syntax or a plugin already in existence that can be used to make your battlers glow when under the effects of a state? If it's built-in and I missed it, perfectly willing to kick myself.

I've looked at Yanfly's VisualStateEffects, and it looks great for being able to put an animation on the character if under a state. I'm using that for my playtesting right now, but for when the game is complete, these will be far too elaborate. Here's a screenshot from another game that illustrates what I'm going for.

upload_2018-4-20_9-26-47.png

To be clear, I'm not adamant about it being a glow. My ultimate goal is a subtle, constant visual clue to indicate that an enemy battlers has a particular state. These states will be assigned to enemy battlers at the onset of combat and influence what skills a player will want to use against them.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-20_9-20-1.png
    upload_2018-4-20_9-20-1.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-4-20_9-26-32.png
    upload_2018-4-20_9-26-32.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 3

Loydiee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean if the character attack the enemy with a specific skill then the enemy will have the effects?(sorry i didn't understand so much)

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The only thing I'm aware of are plugins like Yanfly's that place the status icon over top affected monsters. Probably battle or status core.

BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Loydiee - While the states I'm referring to aren't a result of skills being used, the concept is still the same. Basically, enemies have certain starting states in combat, and I use RMMV states to reflect those conditions...

@Frogboy - Thanks. I was looking at that, and that's what I'll end up doing if I can't find a way to make a glow, but I think it creates visual clutter I'm not careful with it.

@padr81 - Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I'm only dealing with enemies; not the parties. I'll still check out the video and see if there's something I can glean from it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

$Syringer.png
toying with a brand new monster design
Another doodle! Green-haired girl has no name yet, so, any suggestions?
She is about the same age as Nikki, and she is the last one of her clan, known for their innate skills in manipulating both ice and fire. She is a bit stubborn, as well as having a soft spot for kids.
Mystery messages from my AI assistant. :kaojoy:
1632842960834.png
Made some updates to a previous project I was working on. Trying to mimic the 16 bit Squaresoft aesthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mead80