GMD for MV - End of January Beginning of Feb.

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am up for it. Hopefully this will give me motivated enough to actually finish a game :)

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have a concept forming up in my head that I want to try.

So, perhaps I take part too.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I completely understand the reasoning for the switch, but I likely will not participate now. With two kids, Halloween weekend is a very busy one for us.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think I may be able to pre-order it. If so, count me in.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah I have plans for Halloween... Well I would have wanted to do custom stuff anyway ;D Good luck to everyone who can participate! Have fun

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I would love to participate but I have a webcomic to works on and if I go late I feel someone would get angry >_>"

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like people don't want a definite theme and that is fine for a first go around.  I am currently writing up the specifics of participation, and working out what the goals should be, namely; telling a story, length (30 mins to 1 hour), and fun factor. 

Also people have inquired about making custom resources and facesets/portraits, that is fine.  I'll take into account those that use vanilla, or originality.  I'd love to see a wider variety of people go around their comfort zones to create something.

Since people will have enough time to download the program, but there are those that will be busy during the weekend a full week may be in order to get the most people participating.  So how does the 1st to the 8th of November sound?  That will give people normally busy with children and Halloween parties a chance to come around as well.  Please let me know.

Anything I write up for this event will be passed onto the mods first for approval, but so far it sounds like things are looking well.  I'm very excited to see what we all produce.  Outlining and brainstorming are fine for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Meh... I don't really have any problem. I just need to free some time, probably an hour or two per day depending on the schedule. I am having chapter exams every two-three weeks :D Hopefully, the time from the release of the software till the start of this mini-event, I have played around enough already to know my way through the provided scripts and how to implement them ^_^

Bonkers

Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is, but it will be next week if all goes well.  Right now I have to finish up some deadlines for this weekend so the starting point would be Monday November 9th and last for a week till November 16th.  People wanted a week off from the good vs evil contest since they were overtaxed with all the posting.

I plan to have a banner and a few badges for participation, which I will run over to the mods for approval.  I can't promise they'll accept anything, but we'll see what they think.

The goal will be to work with MV specifically and start the foundation to make a game.  If all goes well and we have participants enjoy the short GMD I can look into running a month long event where people can work on their game with others for encouragement.  It should be fairly productive either way to have that much synergy with other game devs posting progress.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It is, but it will be next week if all goes well.  Right now I have to finish up some deadlines for this weekend so the starting point would be Monday November 9th and last for a week till November 16th.  People wanted a week off from the good vs evil contest since they were overtaxed with all the posting.

I plan to have a banner and a few badges for participation, which I will run over to the mods for approval.  I can't promise they'll accept anything, but we'll see what they think.

The goal will be to work with MV specifically and start the foundation to make a game.  If all goes well and we have participants enjoy the short GMD I can look into running a month long event where people can work on their game with others for encouragement.  It should be fairly productive either way to have that much synergy with other game devs posting progress.  
Ok, cool. Not great timing for me (No time will be good for everybody), but I should be able to get something done.

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I guess participating in this event might be hard, with NaNoWriMo taking a lot of my time. But nevertheless, I shall try.

Bonkers

Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since we had so much participation for the GMD I am setting up the next one for end of January.  

Do you want it to still be MV exclusive or open to all makers?

Any theme you would like for teams?

Thank you again guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebitewarrior