gim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch/ NL
Primarily Uses
So i havent played any rpgmaker game yet. But i have played both demos for XP and MV.

I want to buy xp or mv but i don't know wich one is better.

The layers in xp work better for me but the menu in mv works better for me.

I like xp music more and the tall characters and i love the amount of options in building a map.

But i like the mv artstyle more and the menu and creating events and stuff works better for me in mv than xp.

I'm not really good yet so what is the best one to buy for me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMXP is over a dozen years old, while RMMV is the newest one and about half a year old.

As a result there are compatibility issues with RMXP on newer Windows versions and can only deploy to Windows, while MV can deploy to Win, MacOS, web and mobile.

You can use the resources (need some conversion) in both if you own both, and RMXP is sometimes on a sale for around 5$ on some steam reseller websites.

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd say MV, especially when 1.3 comes out.

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
im xp user but i suggest also looking for the script that you need for your game because some script made for a particular game maker only .

xp is old so many script available out there .

mv is new although it does have newest script for it out there but not as much as xp (for now)  it does have its advantages in compatibility in every media .

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV still has some serious glitches.  If you consider MV, be prepared to weather those glitches until they're fixed, which could take some time.

I also prefer the XP characters, tiles and mapping style.  MV has a lot more flexibility and things are just easier to do, with the way the database is set up.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooder