Go XP or MV?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by gim, Aug 8, 2016.

1. gim

gim Warper Member

First Language:
    Dutch/ NL
    So i havent played any rpgmaker game yet. But i have played both demos for XP and MV.

I want to buy xp or mv but i don't know wich one is better.

The layers in xp work better for me but the menu in mv works better for me.

I like xp music more and the tall characters and i love the amount of options in building a map.

But i like the mv artstyle more and the menu and creating events and stuff works better for me in mv than xp.

I'm not really good yet so what is the best one to buy for me?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    RMXP is over a dozen years old, while RMMV is the newest one and about half a year old.

As a result there are compatibility issues with RMXP on newer Windows versions and can only deploy to Windows, while MV can deploy to Win, MacOS, web and mobile.

You can use the resources (need some conversion) in both if you own both, and RMXP is sometimes on a sale for around 5$ on some steam reseller websites.

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd say MV, especially when 1.3 comes out.

4. supercow

supercow Artist Veteran

First Language:
    indonesia
    im xp user but i suggest also looking for the script that you need for your game because some script made for a particular game maker only .

xp is old so many script available out there .

mv is new although it does have newest script for it out there but not as much as xp (for now)  it does have its advantages in compatibility in every media .

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MV still has some serious glitches.  If you consider MV, be prepared to weather those glitches until they're fixed, which could take some time.

I also prefer the XP characters, tiles and mapping style.  MV has a lot more flexibility and things are just easier to do, with the way the database is set up.

XPKobold and AwesomeCool like this.