Ruler of 9 Worlds!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Im at the start of designing a game for MV

What i hope to have:

• Transformations (at least 5 per person which is 4) more or less figured out how to do this
  • Handmade Character graphics made by me(might need someone to do the battle graphics if i get LMB going) in the middle of desgining the important characters
  • possibly use LMB - Linear motion battlers, if not, then the default SV battle system still deciding on yes or no
  • great map settings, im not fond of parallax though Not the best map maker
  • A good story thats easy to follow and will be broken into 4 parts or chapters Important parts done, ending decided
  • A survival system: everyday a few people will die of natural causes and a few will be born, the more food you have the more chances of people surviving, furthering the story increases the cap and if the population hits a low number (roughly 100 or so) the gets a bad end Not started yet, still designing features

Rough summary of the Setting : The gods have punished the humans for their constant curiosity in higher powers and forces them to seal themselves away in a tower for about 200 years. as time passes they watch the world they once knew change from the tower, in fear to set foot outside with the wrath of the gods and their minions waiting for them. however the resources they were able to hold and survive on for so long have finally began to run dry, without much options they reluctantly open the doors to the once sealed tower. Now a new generation of humans explore the world, the All-race, said to be a perfect blend of all surviving races of humanity. The world has become a new dungeon to explore, but with the gods constantly watching will history just repeat itself?

The long version:

In the beginning life was created by the gods, these gods watched as their creations, grew, learned, and evolved, over time these creatures lived in harmony with one another for many years and life was peaceful. However, humans, the creations at the top of the food chain began to become more aware of life, they questioned their very lives; why were they created? For what purpose was life created? They looked to the sky for the answer but the sky never responded. Humans, as curious as they were questioned their very makers, what created humans? What created gods? What are gods? To find the answers the humans wished to meet the very gods that created them, they built a tower to the sky, one that reached as high as the human eye could see in order to catch a glimpse of their creators. The tower was called the “God spiral”

What they found at the top was only their own destruction, the gods, enraged at the human’s persistence sent creatures of unimaginable power down to the lands, these creatures sole purpose were to eradicate humanity down to the last. As those atop of the Spiral looked below and saw they’re doomed brethren tears flowed from they’re eyes. Why would the gods hurt us so? We only seek knowledge, we only seek what makes the world, the world, so why? Before the tower could be destroyed, those who studied magic learned of a barrier that could protect themselves from the monster’s rampage, however the safe haven that was the tower placed a terrible burden on the humans, limited occupancy. The tower, though built high, was not as spacious enough to hold all of humanity, as a result, nearly 3/4s of the human population destroyed by the monstrous creatures, now known as God Beast and births were penalized as it strained the remaining food supply. Many Years have passed and the humans have lived in the tower slowly dwindling in numbers, safe from the monstrous creature’s outside.

Decades have past and a new generation has started to make their steps in the world. However, more people means more need for resources. With the resources stored beginning to run out more is needed for the survival of those inside the tower. And so, every day a squads of warriors are sent out to search for Resources to survive. The thought of exploring the that were said to be very different that in the past excites the young who feel cramped inside the tower. They set out to explore and keep their people alive.

I would like to know what people think of the backstory so far and if possible, ideas for improvements

Current map place holders

map1.pngmap2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mi2

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello @Demimura!!

I really like your story, though it needs to be a little more fleshed out : why are the Gods angry about the humans reaching them? Can the God Beast never die of old age and what does it look like? Those are details, but they can really help get more into the story! Also, when does the story takes place ( perhaps I've missed that ) ? Today, in the Middle Ages? 

Sorry if I sounded rude, but here are some quick tips ^^

Can't wait for the final product!!

Demimura

Ruler of 9 Worlds!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello @Demimura!!

I really like your story, though it needs to be a little more fleshed out : why are the Gods angry about the humans reaching them? Can the God Beast never die of old age and what does it look like? Those are details, but they can really help get more into the story! Also, when does the story takes place ( perhaps I've missed that ) ? Today, in the Middle Ages? 

Sorry if I sounded rude, but here are some quick tips ^^

Can't wait for the final product!!

Hey, and thanks 

what i wrote is the backstory that leads up to what happened in the game so some of the information will count as spoilers

basically the humans and gods are one and the same species, through combat a the All-Race(or humans) increase their power and eventually reach Godly status and serve the higher gods, however due to the advancement of technology and thirst for knowledge of the world over the years they have forgotten this aspect of their species.

everything from here on is not spoilers tho.

the reason the gods are angry is because of how weak the All-race has become, to the gods who shape the world and create new worlds once they feel a world has been completed, its like a failure to the ones who created Terran, the name of the world.

God beasts a basically reincarnations of life that once lived on Terran, there is rarely a normal species of animal left, like say a wolf or a lion. if you watched Avatar(the tv show) where the animals are fused version of 2 or more animals its kind of like that. as for dying, yes they die of old age and natural causes like any other anime, the only difference is their size and born nature to kill humans, even the passive and cute looking ones.

As for the Date i could have been more specific but since it was a different world i didn't think i had too, its modern times 200 or so years after the apocalyptic effects of "The Fall" or the day humanity fell. so i guess you can say they took a hit in advancement

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mi2

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlawlsrjs3387