RMMV God's World

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by 9gramsofpersonality, May 23, 2018.

1. 9gramsofpersonality

9gramsofpersonality Metaphysicist Member

In space (what? I occupy 3 spatial dimensions :P)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Plot
    Synopsis: The world is falling apart, things are happening that don't make sense, and everyone seems to be blissfully unaware even as they stand right in the midst of the madness. You are not going insane; there are others who are aware of this happening, others who are Awakened. Together, you can save the world ... or Awaken the rest of the people and set them free from this false world that has finally shown its true colours.

The Nitty-Gritty, with spoilers are everything:
    You are a fictional character in a world created by a drug addict with crippling depression ("God"). When God is having a breakdown, so does your world. As you go to sleep and wake up, you go back and forth between your world and the "real world", and you bring more and more characters into the real world. You can either save God and thus save the world or kill God and free everyone from your world.

Gameplay Mechanics
    • Front view, turn based battle system
    • Type in a cheesy battle phrase to use your main character's skills!
    • Dodge with your main character using arrow keys
    • No random encounters; each battle is unique and carefully thought out (in a way inspired by The Grumpy Knight)
    • Creative item use during combat
    • D&D style roleplaying mechanics outside combat

Characters
    PCs:
    • The Main Character: The main character can be anything you want them to be.
    • Mad Anvil Splitter II (Chaotic Neutral):
      [​IMG]
      A dwarf fighter. Likes food, fighting and ale. Was part of the Scouts.
    • Ander Flamehand (Chaotic Good):
      [​IMG]
      A human cleric. Worships Gond, God of crafts. An apprentice at Ye Olde Smithe.
    • Grim "Pinky" Paler (True Neutral):
      [​IMG]
      A half-orc spellblade. Likes to help children. Very sensitive about looks.
    • Pip (Chaotic Good)
      [​IMG]
      A gnome bard. Hopeless romantic. Likes to make people smile.

Awakened:
    • Clarence: The owner of Ye Olde Smithe and Ander's master.
    • The Lotuswoods: A peasant family.
    • Zeal and Ire: Cousins who were turned into man-sized ants.
    • Cartesia: A mage of Astel.

God's World:
    • Isosceles:
      [​IMG]
      An elderly guinea pig. Seems worried about his owner.
    • Arity: An energetic cockatiel. Seems to hate her owner.
    • The man on the roof:
      [​IMG]
      A strange man the party finds on the roof of the Shady Inn Bar Place. His possessions and apparel doesn't seem to be from around here.

Setting
    The game starts off in Tovar, one of two countries on the continent of Ascetae. Your world is called Esphaera. The party will also travel to God's World "i.e. the real world" and other planes of existence.

Images and Screenshots
    [​IMG]

Special Thanks
    I'd like to thank my roleplaying group for being awesome and letting me make our game into a ... game!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Rehjul and mobiusclimber like this.
  2. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds interesting but you might want to couch things in more fantasy language so the game doesn't feel too "on the nose" as it were. Just a suggestion.

9gramsofpersonality likes this.
  3. 9gramsofpersonality

9gramsofpersonality Metaphysicist Member

In space (what? I occupy 3 spatial dimensions :P)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha I plan to :] I guess it's kind of hard to be subtle and open at the same time when describing the game on here, 'cos I have to go into some detail to get any meaningful feedback :p Thanks for the tip! This is more exciting than I thought it would be XD

mobiusclimber likes this.