Sparkbomber

Chronicler of Praxis
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Okay, long story short: I and a few other folks have been busy on a nifty game, originally in VX@, but we've moved on to MV. The thing is though, we want to use very cute sprites that exceed the standard 48x48 pixels and... Well, let's just say that even with parallax mapping its still a bit of an issue with the grid being locked onto 48x48 pixels. I've tried searching the forums for an answer, but so far I've not found one to this question: Is there a way to expand the default RPGMaker MV grid? say to 56x56? This so we can use the awesome sprites and not get overlaps/etc.?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually it depends on what you are needing. If you are JUST wanting to use sprites(characters) that are larger than 48 x48, you do not need a script, you only need to make sure the files are formatted and named correctly.

If you are wanting larger grid tilesets as well, then yes you will need the script.

Ultimatony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
You could also look into this:

It allows you to change the maps pathing, walking grid size, and how big your characters box is.

Sparkbomber

Chronicler of Praxis
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the help beenbaba and Ultimatony. mlogan, yes we could just keep the 48x48, tried it in fact. Yet it gave an off sense to the gameplay, as if you still had that 48x48 hitbox with a bigger image affixed over it as opposed to a larger character.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You do have a 48x48 collision space, no matter what size sprites you have.  Because the collision is tied to the tiles, not the character sprites.

Even a pixel movement script would still go with the 48x48 grid size to see what you're bumping into.

If you want collision at something larger than 48x48, then yes, you'll need to go with a plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mosodetinbongvn